PDA

View Full Version : Starkey: Polamalu goes deep

stillers4me
06-10-2012, 04:07 PM
The Steelers finally made their new offensive coordinator available to the media Tuesday. But rather than listen to Todd Haley talk about David Johnson’s blocking technique, I opted for something a little deeper.

OK, a lot deeper.

I opted for a chat with Troy Polamalu.

I’ve spent nearly a quarter-century in this business and hope to spend a quarter-century more, but I doubt I’ll find an athlete as fascinating or as humble as this one.

Images of Polamalu’s first training camp, in 2003, remain vivid. He’d arrived late because of contract issues. He said he felt sick to his stomach on the all-night flight from Los Angeles and “ashamed” when he showed up.

Early on, he often sat alone in the Latrobe dining room, ice packs strapped to his hamstrings. So clearly the new guy. Painfully shy. Desperately wanting to contribute.

Now look...............

read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1919549-85/polamalu-starkey-deep-family-football-steelers-goes-joe-death-felt

SCSTILLER
06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
The one thing that, to me, meant the most was that Troy was willing to skip his routine to be in the locker room for the new guys. No matter what anyone says, the loss of Ward, Smith, and Farrior, leaves a huge leadership gap, and it sounds like Troy is ready and willing to make sacrifices to fill the empty roles.

Chidi29
06-10-2012, 04:56 PM
The one thing that, to me, meant the most was that Troy was willing to skip his routine to be in the locker room for the new guys. No matter what anyone says, the loss of Ward, Smith, and Farrior, leaves a huge leadership gap, and it sounds like Troy is ready and willing to make sacrifices to fill the empty roles.

Though it was already evident in a hundred different ways, this act in a nutshell shows that he's a man who has his priorities in order.

SCSTILLER
06-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Though it was already evident in a hundred different ways, this act in a nutshell shows that he's a man who has his priorities in order.

No doubt, team first!

Psycho Ward 86
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
for a second there i thought there was a slight chance in hell that the title was implying that Haley decided to throw Troy in at flanker and catch a couple bombs to make up for Mike Wallace not being there :chuckle:

tube517
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM
for a second there i thought there was a slight chance in hell that the title was implying that Haley decided to throw Troy in at flanker and catch a couple bombs to make up for Mike Wallace not being there :chuckle:

Troy definitely has the speed plus he's our V-formation RB already :chuckle: