PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Redman has no doubts he’s ready to lead the Steelers

polamalubeast
06-09-2012, 10:37 AM
New Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley is expected to implement a run-first offense in Pittsburgh, and the biggest question is who will do most of the running. After Rashard Mendenhall suffered a torn ACL in Week 17, it appears that the carrying the load will fall to Isaac Redman. And Redman says he’s ready for that.

“Rashard and I really haven’t spoken that much,” Redman told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We both understand that he’s working as hard as he can to get back. I’m working hard to lead this team until he gets back to 100 percent, and I don’t doubt that I can.”

Redman has every reason to be confident after the way he played when Mendenhall went down: In that Week 17 game when Mendenhall was hurt against the Browns, Redman stepped in and had 19 carries for 92 yards. The next week, in the Steelers’ playoff loss to the Broncos, he had 17 carries for 121 yards. Redman says that’s what gives him confidence in himself, and his teammates confidence in him.

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/09/isaac-redman-has-no-doubts-hes-ready-to-lead-the-steelers/

The WH
06-09-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829b1868/article/isaac-redman-ready-to-take-over-at-rb-for-steelers

I don't know where this chip is coming from. I haven't read any doubt from anyone on any Steelers message board. He has had almost unanimous support from all fans.

Nadroj 20
06-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Good! He shouldn't have any doubts he can definitely be our primary back

st33lersguy
06-09-2012, 01:25 PM
I have always been a Redman fan and often thought Arians didn't give him the ball enough. I have seen him and I definitely think he can be a solid starter

polamalubeast
06-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Isaac Redman was the best player against the broncos

GBMelBlount
06-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Redman may not have Mendy's natural ability but his attitude and work ethic make up for it.

The way the stars are aligning he could could very well be our break out player on offense this year.

This young man has come a long way from Bowie State.

pepsyman1
06-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Redman has one trait that Mendi really doesn't...he doesn't hesitate, he makes a decision and goes. You simply can't make every play go 50 yards because you waited to find the perfect block, the perfect hole. Redman picks the initial direction and hits the gas. Because he hits the hole so hard, runs that Mendi might get stuffed or just get a yard, Redman still gets 3-4 yards. That's why he's more consistent.

salamander
06-10-2012, 09:17 AM
He has suddenness and glide. He's ready. :chuckle:

Iron Steeler
06-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Redman has one trait that Mendi really doesn't...he doesn't hesitate, he makes a decision and goes. You simply can't make every play go 50 yards because you waited to find the perfect block, the perfect hole. Redman picks the initial direction and hits the gas. Because he hits the hole so hard, runs that Mendi might get stuffed or just get a yard, Redman still gets 3-4 yards. That's why he's more consistent.

My thoughts exactly!

Edman
06-10-2012, 02:33 PM
A back like Mendenhall is better in space. A screen back. Of course, a certain someone kept running him like Jerome Bettis.

Redman is the workhorse back. He's no gamebreaker, but he's a consistent runner.

tube517
06-10-2012, 03:21 PM

While I agree with you, I'd still like to see Mendy more in the passing game and see what he can do behind a real OL, not this scrub/patchwork crap we've had since 2008. Then bring in Redman to wear the defense down. More split carries, not like this overworking of one RB

pepsyman1
06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
While I agree with you, I'd still like to see Mendy more in the passing game and see what he can do behind a real OL, not this scrub/patchwork crap we've had since 2008. Then bring in Redman to wear the defense down. More split carries, not like this overworking of one RB

We definitely have lacked using the runnings backs in the passing game. Mendi is definitely better in space where He gets a better chance to make someone miss. From what I hear so far, Haley is gonna use the RBs much more in the passing game.

SteelGhost
06-11-2012, 08:48 PM
It'll be VERY interesting to see Mr. S & G behind our re-vamped OL, I can't wait

Animal Mother
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I have no doubt he's ready, too. I love that an undrafted guy out of Bowie State University gets a couple goal-line carries during training camp and works his way up to starting RB. And yeah he had a hell of a game against the Broncos. I love how he hits holes and moves people back and will fight for every inch he can get.