PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau: Steelers defense will be fine

polamalubeast
06-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Three months from tomorrow, the Steelers will open the 2012 season where they ended their 2011 season five months ago today.

Denver! Slowly they turned, step by step, inch by inch. They do not wish to replay that old Niagara Falls trick of theirs in Denver when they open this season Sept. 9.

It hit particularly hard a defense that finished the regular season as the best in the NFL in several important categories, but one that was shredded by Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. If he could do it, what might Peyton Manning do to them this time?

"I sure hope we do a little bit better out there than we did the last time, and we will," coordinator Dick LeBeau promised. "I think we're playing a pretty good quarterback, though."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/lebeau-steelers-defense-will-be-fine-639449/#ixzz1xEjahl3Y

polamalubeast
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
What he did not feel good about last season -- aside from the stunning loss in Denver -- was the number of turnovers his team produced. It managed only 15, including just four fumble recoveries, their fewest since they could find records starting in '66.

"That's something we have to get better at,'' LeBeau said. "Just preach it and practice it. Turnovers are funny, one year you're up there, the next year you're not. But I see no reason why we were as low as we were last year. That's not good. We have to improve that number."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/lebeau-steelers-defense-will-be-fine-639449/#ixzz1xEjlw0PH

steeldawg
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Anyone else having trouble posting in threads?

Count Steeler
06-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Anyone else having trouble posting in threads?

What do you mean? And no.

steeldawg
06-08-2012, 06:42 PM
What do you mean? And no.

must be my computer, before i can type anything in the comment box i have to refresh the page

Count Steeler
06-08-2012, 07:44 PM
must be my computer, before i can type anything in the comment box i have to refresh the page

What browser are you using? Opera is the only one that acts up when I am posting. Never have had a problem with Chrome, IE or Firefox.

GBMelBlount
06-09-2012, 08:12 AM
What he did not feel good about last season -- aside from the stunning loss in Denver -- was the number of turnovers his team produced. It managed only 15, including just four fumble recoveries, their fewest since they could find records starting in '66.

"That's something we have to get better at,'' LeBeau said. "Just preach it and practice it. Turnovers are funny, one year you're up there, the next year you're not. But I see no reason why we were as low as we were last year. That's not good. We have to improve that number."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/lebeau-steelers-defense-will-be-fine-639449/#ixzz1xEjlw0PH

Something was wrong last year for them to have lowest number of turnovers in their history.

Was it their age and complaceny? The other concern I have is that Lebeau seems somehwat complacent about it as well...

Hopefully the infusion of youth and less injuries will remedy this...

Count Steeler
06-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Something was wrong last year for them to have lowest number of turnovers in their history.

Was it their age and complaceny? The other concern I have is that Lebeau seems somehwat complacent about it as well...

That is why it still amazes me that we did as well as we did statistically. #1 defense with the lowest amount of turnovers and not that many sacks. Lebeau was using smoke and mirrors, or the force.

The Duke
06-09-2012, 01:12 PM

With guys like Lewis talking about getting to the probowl and Hood looking better than ever, I think we'll see a great difference....

polamalubeast
06-09-2012, 03:25 PM
That is why it still amazes me that we did as well as we did statistically. #1 defense with the lowest amount of turnovers and not that many sacks. Lebeau was using smoke and mirrors, or the force.

Turnovers(offense,defense), field position and the red zone offense are the three things to improve for the steelers