PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert Still Confident That A Long-term Deal With Mike Wallace Will Get Done

polamalubeast
06-07-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/06/kevin-colbert-still-confident-that-a-long-term-deal-with-mike-wallace-will-get-done/

polamalubeast
06-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Mike Wallace: Report: Steelers won't drop Wallace's salary

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Live Thursday that the Steelers are "very unlikely" to decrease the value of Mike Wallace's one-year, $2.742 million restricted tender.
"I don't think the Steelers are going to do that with Mike Wallace," Mort said. It is within the Steelers' rights to drop Wallace's tender value to $577,000 by next Friday, though such a maneuver would certainly inject tension into contract talks. GM Kevin Colbert wants to sign Wallace to a long-term extension.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5329&line=234502&spln=1

Shoes
06-07-2012, 06:46 PM
It will get done.

Steeldude
06-09-2012, 02:42 AM
It is within the Steelers' rights to drop Wallace's tender value to $577,000 by next Friday, though such a maneuver would certainly inject tension into contract talks. GM Kevin Colbert wants to sign Wallace to a long-term extension.

I say drop him to $577,000. He can sulk and cry all night over it. There are 31 other teams he can play for. Yep, I have a very short fuse when it comes to certain players holding out :grin:

SMR
06-09-2012, 07:17 AM
I say drop him to $577,000. He can sulk and cry all night over it. There are 31 other teams he can play for. Yep, I have a very short fuse when it comes to certain players holding out :grin:

Same here.

Count Steeler
06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Now is the time. Friday June 15th is a deadline of sorts. Will the Steelers cut back the offer of 2.7m or will they get this deal done this week.

Would be nice to get Wallace settled and get him up to speed with the rest of the team.

polamalubeast
06-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Now is the time. Friday June 15th is a deadline of sorts. Will the Steelers cut back the offer of 2.7m or will they get this deal done this week.

Would be nice to get Wallace settled and get him up to speed with the rest of the team.

Mike Wallace won't have tender reduced by Steelers

The Ravens and Steelers don't always get along, but they have this much in common: They know it doesn't help to upset their best players by taking away money.

On the same day Ravens owner Steve Biscotti said it was "nonsense" for Baltimore to go after Terrell Suggs' money, we learned that the Steelers have no intention of reducing wide receiver Mike Wallace's free agent tender.

Len Pasquarelli of the Sports XChange notes that the Steelers could reduce Wallace's $2.7 million tender by more than $2 million if he is unsigned as of June 15. (He is not expected to sign anytime soon.) But the Steelers don't want create any bad feelings with a player that they'd like to have around for a while.

If nothing else, the Steelers have Wallace under contract for cheap this year and they could use the franchise tag on him next year. G.M. Kevin Colbert expressed optimism on SiriusXM Radio recently that the Steelers would be able to sign Wallace long-term, but there has been no evidence of progress in contract talks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829acc08/article/mike-wallace-wont-have-tender-reduced-by-steelers