PDA

View Full Version : Haley: Steelers picking up on new offense

Count Steeler
06-06-2012, 08:33 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) Throughout the offseason, on and off the field, new Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley has appeared relaxed, at ease and smiling. The same was the case on Wednesday, when he spoke with the media during training activities.

Far from the fiery, not-afraid-to-get-in-a-player's-face persona he has cultivated over 15 years as an assistant or head coach in the NFL, this is a new Haley with a new mission on a new team. But don't worry, he said. The Steelers will see that side of him soon enough.

''I don't flip that switch until a little later,'' Haley said, drawing laughs. ''In training camp, we'll pick it up a notch.''

Demeanor aside, Haley was more direct in addressing concerns about the Steelers learning his offense before the start of the season.

''You use all this time,'' Haley said. ''It will be training camp and then it will be the real preseason games before anybody is totally comfortable.''

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has repeatedly expressed consternation about the transition to a new system after playing in virtually the same offense under coordinators Ken Whisenhunt and Bruce Arians the first eight years of his career.

Roethlisberger was absent from the optional practice Wednesday, after which Haley spoke publicly for the first time since the draft in April. Haley was asked if he was worried that his two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback has so often expressed concern in assimilating into the new offense.

read more @ http://sports.yahoo.com/news/haley-steelers-picking-offense-195444118--nfl.html;_ylt=A2KLOzLzA9BP5CUAxnrwFAx.

tube517
06-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Todd Haley has appeared relaxed, at ease and smiling

Obviously, this is a blatant lie. Todd Haley is a screaming loudmouth and is never relaxed.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/2m3mdf4.gif

Steeldude
06-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Todd Haley is a screaming loudmouth and is never relaxed.

That's what the Steelers need.

smokin3000gt
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
That's what the Steelers need.

I do agree with this. I love Tomlin to death but sometimes I wish we was a little more foot in ass.

ALLD
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I do agree with this. I love Tomlin to death but sometimes I wish we was a little more foot in ass.

Are you saying that "Unleashing hell in December" is more like Don Knotts?