PDA

View Full Version : Foote finds a home again

stillers4me
06-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Larry Foote isn’t oblivious to his surroundings and is far from being immune from the talk.
He knows what is being said about him since the Steelers released the captain and anchor of their defense, James Farrior, in March.

“I told (Steelers coach) Mike Tomlin the other day that I am having a little itchy ear hearing about the big question mark I have on me,” Foote said. “I have been a question mark since I’ve been a little kid, with my background and where I grew up, so it’s nothing new.”

But replacing a friend, a mentor and one of the best linebackers in team history is.................

Read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/1899158-85/foote-farrior-steelers-larry-season-defense-james-played-lions-mark

Steeldude
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I was hoping it meant he left the Steelers and went back to Detroit. Oh well...

steelreserve
06-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't really see any drop-off with Foote, given the fact that he was halfway-replacing Farrior already, and James was starting to show his age.

I also don't get the animosity that so many people have against Foote as a player. You can't have All-Pros at every position. Foote isn't a superstar flashy playmaker, but he's competent, which is better than any random LB you'd pick up off the junk heap - which is the situation plenty of teams are in for their "second" guy at any position there are two of.

The Duke
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't really see any drop-off with Foote, given the fact that he was halfway-replacing Farrior already, and James was starting to show his age.

I also don't get the animosity that so many people have against Foote as a player. You can't have All-Pros at every position. Foote isn't a superstar flashy playmaker, but he's competent, which is better than any random LB you'd pick up off the junk heap - which is the situation plenty of teams are in for their "second" guy at any position there are two of.

agree

of course, I'd be thrilled if one of the young guys replaces him as they have a higher ceiling, but if that doesn't happen I trust Foote