PDA

View Full Version : Veterans embrace, push rookie DE Igbinosun

stillers4me
06-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Ikponmwosa Igbinosun has been hearing his name a lot lately.

Pardon your surprise -- and your mispronunciation.

"People call me Ike," Igbinosun explained.

Trotting off the Steelers' South Side practice field Thursday, Igbinosun heard his name and spun to answer. A No. 24 jersey brushed past -- it was for cornerback Ike Taylor. He heard it again, but that one was for running back Isaac "Ike" Redman.

Igbinosun, a 6-foot-4, 288-pound defensive end out of Southern Connecticut State, is learning that he isn't the only Ike in town, but he quickly is making a name for himself, one that is correctly pronounced EEK-pom-osa EEG-bin-oh-sin.............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/veterans-embrace-push-rookie-de-igbinosun-638580/#ixzz1wdmpUfZF

stillers4me
06-02-2012, 08:08 AM
The first of his family to be born in the United States, Igbinosun was given a 19-letter name that uses nearly half the alphabet. It means "Grace from God" in Nigerian, he said.

That settles it. We already have 2 Ike's so from this day forward, he shall be known as "Grace".

:lol:

ShutDown24
06-02-2012, 08:16 AM
I thought it was bad the year we had like 5 Willie's on the team. I don't know if I can handle three Ike's lol.

tube517
06-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Only one graduate from Swag U though

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Shoes
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Thank you, Sue! Very refreshing to see an article that's not about Ben vs Todd.