PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to use Heath Miller more under Todd Haley

polamalubeast
05-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Tight end Heath Miller is expected to play a key role as a receiver in new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley's system, Ed Bouchette reports in Thursday's edition of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"Haley is excited about what Heath Miller is capable of," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "He's been very clear about that, his excitement to work with Miller. I would imagine that the tight end is going to be a part of our plan."

Tight end hasn't been an overly productive position in Haley's four-plus years directing an offense. Leonard Pope had two 20-plus-catch seasons under Haley (2007 with the Arizona Cardinals and 2009 with the Kansas City Chiefs) before the Chiefs' Tony Moeaki had 47 receptions for 556 yards and three touchdowns in 2010. That partly could be due to the level of talent Haley has had to work with, but he now has one of the NFL's best in Miller

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82977d4c/article/steelers-to-utilize-heath-miller-more-under-todd-haley?module=HP11_headline_stack

Count Steeler
05-31-2012, 06:22 PM
You know, with all the promises coming out of the Steelers offense, you wonder if the opponents are going to even touch the ball.

Run more, Miller more, young guns more, yada, yada, yada. Let's play some football!

BigNastyDefense
05-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Well with a hopefully improved offensive line, he shouldn't have to stay in to block nearly as much as he's had to for the past few years.

ALLD
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Just think if Baron Batch or the jitterbug from Florida State work out running and catching out of the backfield. We have probably seen the last of Mewelde Moore.

steelerdude15
05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
I hope he does.

tube517
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2