PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Brooks:Todd Haley will make the Steelers' offense better

polamalubeast
05-30-2012, 02:55 PM
The installation of Todd Haley as the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive coordinator has concerned some about the philosophical approach of coach Mike Tomlin's squad. However, I believe Haley will make the offense more balanced and dangerous in 2012. Here are three reasons why:

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829723ee/article/todd-haley-will-make-the-steelers-offense-better?module=HP11_content_stream

ALLD
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
A little more discipline and creativity can easily turn it into a top 10 O this season, maybe top 5 the following.

Austin87
05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Good read. Thanks for posting. I am axcited to see what Haley can do with this offense.

O'Malley
05-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Good read. Thanks for posting. I am axcited to see what Haley can do with this offense.

^This, and have high expectations.... Hope both come together(expectations and excited)...

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Rosetta Stone, setting back the young guys development 3 years, fire him, bring back Arians!

Let the gnashing of teeth begin.

X-Terminator
06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I have no high expectations, because I don't see them coming out of the gate scoring a ton of points like others here apparently do. There are going to be growing pains, and fans are going to have to accept them. As the season wears on and everyone gets more comfortable, the offense will improve...but next season should be where they really take off.

GBMelBlount
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
With the improved offensive line if they stick with running and the simpler pass plays the first half of the season there is no reason they cannot average 20 ppg the first half of the season.

I am not worried.

BigNastyDefense
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I am not as worried, because under Haley's offense I don't think we'll be lining up 4/5 wide in the redzone so Ben can throw 3 incomplete passes and the Steelers get left kicking a FG OR Ben throws a pick like we saw week after week with Arians calling the plays.

And the fact that they are having David Johnson focus solely on playing fullback, I think that shows that in short yardage/goal line situations they are going to try and pound the football. Also, that the run game in general is going to employ a fullback as a lead blocker which I feel will fit Redman's running style. Will Johnson succeed and be a quality true FB? I don't know, but what I do know is that if he can even just get in the defender's way and allow Redman to hit the home, they Steelers will gain at least 3 yards on a run most of the time, if not more.

polamalubeast
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I admit that the relationship between Haley and Roethlisberger worries me

Count Steeler
06-03-2012, 08:47 PM

I am not so concerned. Any time there is change there is a period of adjustment. I expect them to work out any concerns through the preseason and into the first quarter of the season.

Again, with our improved O Line, it will give the offense some extra breathing space and let it come together.

Psycho Ward 86
06-03-2012, 09:00 PM

lol

st33lersguy
06-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I am excited to see what Haley can do. I also like to see what Redman can do. One of many problems I had with Arians was his refusal to use Isaac Redman more often. Redman runs with authority and picks up 4 of 5 yards most of the time he runs the ball. With a more balanced attack and an increased use of Redman our offense should improve

Prok
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
With the improved offensive line if they stick with running and the simpler pass plays the first half of the season there is no reason they cannot average 20 ppg the first half of the season.

I am not worried.

I can agree with that sentiment. With this cast of skill position players and newly upgraded OL, 20 ppg seems fair. We almost HAVE to improve in redzone play-calling, don't we? Could it get any worse? Lol

polamalubeast
06-03-2012, 09:10 PM
lol

I think the steelers have a very good chance to have a good offense with Haley, but the relationship between Roethlisberger and Haley is my only concern right now

Count Steeler
06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll bite my tongue, but the only thing that really concerns me is the level of injuries we have suffered on the O Line the past few seasons. I really hope our guys stay healthy and we can get a decent run going into the playoffs.

polamalubeast
06-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I'll bite my tongue, but the only thing that really concerns me is the level of injuries we have suffered on the O Line the past few seasons. I really hope our guys stay healthy and we can get a decent run going into the playoffs.

You have reasons for injuries to the o-line

In 2011, the Steelers have had 25 different groups in the o-line, which was the most in the NFL.

In 2007 and 2008, the New York Giants had the same o-line for games 30 in a row

GBMelBlount
06-03-2012, 10:27 PM
You have reasons for injuries to the o-line

In 2011, the Steelers have had 25 different groups in the o-line, which was the most in the NFL.

In 2007 and 2008, the New York Giants had the same o-line for games 30 in a row

Are you agreeing on the results of the numerous injuries being a crazy number of combinations of different linemen without listing reasons?...or did you simply forget a question mark.

Many can argue (including myself) that the Offensive line has not been properly addressed until the last few years, but the unusually large number of injuries has absolutely compounded the problem imo.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I think the steelers have a very good chance to have a good offense with Haley, but the relationship between Roethlisberger and Haley is my only concern right now

Fire Haley, bring back Arians!!!!

polamalubeast
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Fire Haley, bring back Arians!!!!

I did not say that!

43Hitman
06-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Then the media has defeated you. Don't give in to the darkside Luke.