PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor to Mike Wallace: 'Football Doesn't Need You, You Need Football'

polamalubeast
05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Tribune-Review reporter Mark Kaboly transcribed a bit of Steelers CB Ike Taylor's appearance on TribLive Radio, and it will very likely be the talking point for the rest of this session OTAs.

Taylor spent the weekend in Las Vegas with his teammate, WR Mike Wallace, and Taylor said Wallace is frustrated with his contract situation. What he also said was much more newsworthy.

Mike feels like he outperformed his last contract. But he's dealing with a monster, and that's the Pittsburgh Steelers ... they are not going to let you dictate to them on how you feel.

Taylor said he told Wallace he would like to see him show up at the practice facility mostly because new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's system is being installed.

"Mike is going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler for years to come," Taylor said. "(But I told him), at the end of the day: Football doesn't need you; you need football."

One could infer from Taylor's comments he heard something from Wallace that suggests he'll eventually end his feudin' and a fussin' with the team and sign a long-term deal. Or maybe he's just being optimistic both sides will eventually see the light and get something done.

read more

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/5/29/3051346/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-wallace-contract-holdout-ike-taylor

Polamalu Princess
05-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I bet a lot of players know that. They need it as much as it needs them.

86WARD
05-29-2012, 08:34 PM
So the frustrations starting to show with Wallace...

GodfatherofSoul
05-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Bad form to comment on a teammate's contract issues. Gotta keep your mouth shut no matter how right you might be.

Psycho Ward 86
05-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow, i gotta give ike a standing ovation on that one. That's some realtalk right there

steeldawg
05-30-2012, 05:33 AM
I agree you dont discuss another guys contract issues with the media, especially a guy you just were hanging out with and probably told you in confidence, bad form ike. Of course wallace is going to end his holdout soon june 15th is only like 2 weeks away. And do we really need ike taylor to tell us wallace is frustrated with his contract? I thought his holdout expressed his frustration pretty loud and clear.

ALLD
05-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Wallace should also take a cue from Hines Ward. As soon as Ward came back after his holdout he got the contract after showing up and Super Bowl MVP. Let's hope history repeats itself this time.

Moose
05-30-2012, 07:46 PM
A whole lot of young and old players need to step back and think about that statement ! Sooooo true, in ALL sports !! Big money for playing kid games !!

GodfatherofSoul
05-31-2012, 09:38 AM
A whole lot of young and old players need to step back and think about that statement ! Sooooo true, in ALL sports !! Big money for playing kid games !!

They're not getting paid for playing a kids game, otherwise you and I could go out and play on the weekends for $10 million contracts. They're getting paid for the 7-8 years of apprenticeship it took to become a world class athlete, the training regimen that they're undergoing to stay a world class athlete, and having the brains to pick up an NFL playbook. If it were so easy, there would be millions of pro athletes walking around and they'd be be getting paid like you and me!