PDA

View Full Version : IFL team releases Terrell Owens

polamalubeast
05-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Terrell Owens' tenure in the Indoor Football League came to an unceremonious end Tuesday when the Allen Wranglers released the controversial former NFL receiver.

Owens signed with the Wranglers in February, receiving a six-figure salary and an ownership stake in the franchise located about 30 minutes north of Dallas. Owner Jon Frankel said that Owens' ownership stake has been terminated because he violated his contract.

Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

read more

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7984924/terrell-owens-cut-indoor-football-team-loses-ownership-share

fansince'76
05-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

Yet this turd will continue to blame everyone else.

And guaranteed, there will be Steelers fans that will hear he's available and STILL want to sign him as "insurance" just in case we lose Wallace. :doh:

tube517
05-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Yet this turd will continue to blame everyone else.

And guaranteed, there will be Steelers fans that will hear he's available and STILL want to sign him as "insurance" just in case we lose Wallace. :doh:

Well, you know, for the vet minim......... :chuckle:

fansince'76
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Well, you know, for the vet minim......... :chuckle:

I can see the Bleacher Report piece now...."Steelers should sign Owens"

:chuckle:

Count Steeler
05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Thankfully, our FO would not bring in such a headache.

smokin3000gt
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I can see the Bleacher Report piece now...."Steelers should sign Owens"

:chuckle:

followed by a breaking story on NFL.COM

"OMG Haley, Owens, OMG , Ben, Haley OMG OMG Can anyone on the team get along? "

Godfather
05-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Obviously the fault of the Wranglers' closet case QB.

Edman
05-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Doesn't matter Indoor or Outdoor, Terrell Owens is not worth your time.

He better come up with a good excuse for that, otherwise, the bolded part is what pretty much destroyed any shred of decency or redeeming factor the jackass had.

Devilsdancefloor
05-29-2012, 08:43 PM
owens is a asshat and not showing up to the hospital just drove that point home even more

st33lersguy
05-29-2012, 09:11 PM
No one will want him after this

venom
05-30-2012, 05:43 AM
I heard Rex Ryan wants him, lol

Butch
05-30-2012, 06:12 AM
To bad this guy is so full of himself, his potential is phenomenal but not worth a penny for all the drama he brings with him.

86WARD
05-30-2012, 06:17 AM
No one will want him after this

No one wanted him before this. B

fansince'76
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Terrell Owens gets $50 severance from Allen Wranglers, threatens lawsuit (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/terrell-owens-gets-50-severance-allen-wranglers-threatens-150431179.html)

Wonder how long it will be before he joins in on the big NFL money grab (see: class action concussion lawsuit)? Pretty safe bet he didn't save any money for a rainy day.

steel striker
05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Plus Owens was suppose to make visit a childrens hospital that he no-showed. It is sad to me that he could not even make time for a childrens hospital. I know it's too much to ask a spoiled premadona to do something nice.

fansince'76
05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Plus Owens was suppose to make visit a childrens hospital that he no-showed. It is sad to me that he could not even make time for a childrens hospital. I know it's too much to ask a spoiled premadona to do something nice.

Yeah, that's what really got me about his latest episode. What a POS.