PDA

View Full Version : WR Terrell Owens says he will take pay cut to play for Pats

polamalubeast
07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
“I mean, you’ve got (Tom) Brady there. You’ve got the great mind, coach (Bill) Belichick,” Owens said. “I’m like LeBron. I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/14/the-t-o-omnibus-rolls-on/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/t-o-not-going-to-chiefs-still-sour-on-haley/

T.O. Not Going to Chiefs, Still Sour on Haley
By Chuck Carroll
Football News Now Staff Writer
July 14, 2010

Terrell Owens will not be headed to the Chiefs any time soon.
As Terrell Owens continues to look for a home in the NFL this season, you can rest assured he won’t be looking long at the Kansas City Chiefs.

In an interview with 96.5 The Buzz in KC on Monday, Owens conceded that he did not get along with head coach Todd Haley.

The pair butted heads on numerous occasions when they were both with the Dallas Cowboys in 2006. Haley was the team’s wide receivers coach at the time.

The coach reportedly grew tired of Owen’s antics, while T.O. felt disrespected by coach.

As Rotoworld accurately points out, it’s somewhat of a moot point as the Chiefs don’t really need a veteran target for Matt Cassel at the moment anyway.

UPDATE: While T.O. won’t be headed to Kansas City, he did say that he was open to joining the Patriots for less money and a smaller role on the team. (more)

BPS3akaWirels3
07-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Someone pick him up.. He wants to play and I'm tired of the news on him wanting to play..

venom
07-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Would be nice to see the clash between Moss and Owens , lol

polamalubeast
07-14-2010, 06:21 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Devilsdancefloor
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
i just hope he goes away he is annoying as hell

fansince'76
07-14-2010, 06:46 PM
“I mean, you’ve got (Tom) Brady there. You’ve got the great mind, coach (Bill) Belichick,” Owens said. “I’m like LeBron. I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work.”Riiiiiight. :rolleyes2:

Hindes204
07-14-2010, 07:21 PM
I hope the moron does end up going to the pats, he's a cancer to every locker room. It'd be fun to watch him mess up the pats from within.

BigNastyDefense
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I'd love to see him go to the Patriots and tear that locker room apart. I would loooooooove that!

The Patriot
07-15-2010, 12:30 AM
please no

tony hipchest
07-15-2010, 12:37 AM
I'd love to see him go to the Patriots and tear that locker room apart. I would loooooooove that!this is like groundghogs day. the same thing was said about c. dillon and r. moss.

the best spot for TO is probably with the titans if not the redskins.

kmsteelerwr15
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I am all for it haha.

steeldevil
07-15-2010, 10:25 AM
I bet all the wants to do is take away a few TDs from Moss so that Moss does not leave him in the dust with career TDs.... I about guarantee that is why he said this.

steel striker
07-15-2010, 11:53 AM
I could see it now Owen's yelling in Brady's face on the sideline. Now that would be priceless!

Psycho Ward 86
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
the best spot for TO is probably with the titans if not the redskins.

oldest team in the league ftw? :)

Shea
07-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I can't stand TO and I can't stand the Patriots*.

Therefore, it's a perfect fit.

Make it happen Kraft, you stupid nose picking idiot.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/01/kraftnosepicker.jpg

steeldawg
07-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I could see it now Owen's yelling in Brady's face on the sideline. Now that would be priceless!

I dont think brady's O-line would put up with that.

Godfather
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM

It'll be even funnier when he calls Brady gay.

BuddhaBus
07-16-2010, 04:15 AM
More like "I'll take a pay cut to try to remain relevant, constantly push my own agenda and force myself into the media spotlight at all costs because I am a self-centered douchebag, attention whore with no concept of 'team' whatsoever. WHEEEEEEEE, LOOK AT ME, ME, ME!!!!"

Tool.

BuddhaBus
07-16-2010, 04:16 AM
It'll be even funnier when he calls Brady gay.

At least he'd be right for once! :heh:

memphissteelergirl
07-16-2010, 08:36 AM
I can't stand TO and I can't stand the Patriots*.

Therefore, it's a perfect fit.

Pretty much how I feel about it. :nod:

HughC
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I hope the moron does end up going to the pats, he's a cancer to every locker room. It'd be fun to watch him mess up the pats from within.
Very true.

But probably the exact reason why it won't happen.

When they brought in Moss and Dillon they had guys like McGinest, Bruschi, Harrison, etc. to keep the locker room in line. They don't have that know and it showed last year, resulting in them cutting Shawn Springs and Adalius Thomas who were reportedly bad attitude guys. I don't know if they have any good locker room guys on their roster but they do have a ton of young players from the last two drafts. I can't seem them bringing in a slightly questionable character guy, much less TO.

SMR
07-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Now THAT'S one cat fight I would love to see (and laugh at too). :pop2:

memphissteelergirl
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Now THAT'S one cat fight I would love to see (and laugh at too). :pop2:

Yep...that's must see TV right there!

BnG_Hevn
07-19-2010, 11:41 AM
I hate the Pats which is why I DON'T want to see it. I think with Moss and Owens, along with their knack for cheating, they would be difficult to stop.