PDA

View Full Version : James Farrior may be close to retiring

polamalubeast
05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829688ea/article/james-farrior-may-be-close-to-retiring?campaign=Twitter_atl

43Hitman
05-29-2012, 08:54 AM
wow, for some reason I thought he already retired.

ALLD
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Top 12 in NFL at his position all time.

st33lersguy
05-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Best of luck to Farrior if he retires

steelreserve
05-29-2012, 04:33 PM
I still think he could play somewhere, although not as a starter for a top defense. More of the "savvy veteran mentoring the new young guys for a season until they are ready to take over the starting job." Though who knows if he wants that kind of a role.

I am still nothing short of amazed at his longevity. People were predicting his demise 3 or 4 years ago, and he still held his own.

7willBheaven
05-29-2012, 04:43 PM
NFL.com is slow, this was reported like a week ago, haha.

It seems the Steelers have timed it right with a lot of guys...Wards, Smith, Hoke and now Farrior...all hanging it up after being released. Congrats to Farrior (and the rest) on great careers!

The Duke
05-29-2012, 04:49 PM
I still think he could play somewhere, although not as a starter for a top defense. More of the "savvy veteran mentoring the new young guys for a season until they are ready to take over the starting job." Though who knows if he wants that kind of a role.

kind of like Keith brooking for dallas last year, until sean lee took his job

yeah, I can see it happening. But I hope he just retires, it was sad watching him at times last year

BigNastyDefense
05-29-2012, 07:15 PM
He's going to retire. I can't even remember hearing of any teams having any interest in signing him even to a vet minimum deal.

He had an excellent career, probably the best Steelers FA pickup in the last 25 years, if not the best FA pickup for this team ever.

Polamalu Princess
05-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Love him - always have - whatever happens, I wish him the best.

steelerdude15
05-29-2012, 10:23 PM
It may be for the best old friend.

Austin87
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
It seems the Steelers have timed it right with a lot of guys...Wards, Smith, Hoke and now Farrior...all hanging it up after being released. Congrats to Farrior (and the rest) on great careers!

+1

BnG_Hevn
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Assuming he does retire. does this make my signed jersey worth any more?

Do jersey's gain value after the player retires? I have Harrison, Woodley, Farrior and Timmons.

GodfatherofSoul
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Someone's gonna have to extend their signature one more pic.

Carolina Steelers
05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Assuming he does retire. does this make my signed jersey worth any more?

Do jersey's gain value after the player retires? I have Harrison, Woodley, Farrior and Timmons.

I dont believe so maybe less valuable, seems like when a player is hot or currently one of the best players in the lg or a rookie in demand there value will rise like the stock market higher demand higher the price. but when u retire or an avg player no demand means lower prices, 1 exception when a player passes away it seems all his memorbilia goes up because he no longer can sign items. Examples higher priced Steelers jerseys would be Ben, Troy. Medium priced Harrison, Wallace (if he signs), Brown (good yr last yr) Woodley (maybe). IMO. Thats how it works i used to collect cards all the high priced cards were like Rookies who havent done anything in the lg yet but high demand, established guys with exp. were never sought after unless they had a great yr.

SMR
06-01-2012, 06:20 PM
God bless you Farrior, you old warrior!!