PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin. " I am not a bounty guy in any form or fashion."

zulater
05-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Mike Tomlin gets a big hand at William & Mary.
When the Steelers coach was inducted earlier this month to the Hall of Fame at his alma mater -- Tomlin was a three-year starter at wide receiver at William & Mary in the early '90s -- he gave a rousing speech thanking his family and coaches and teammates for helping him as a player, person and coach. And he said something about why he's coaching in the NFL, and not college football.
"One of the reasons I work in the National Football League -- I'm tired of the NCAA rules,'' he told a crowd in Williamsburg, Va. "I am a win-at-all-costs kind of guy. The NFL is just right for me, although I am not a bounty guy in any form or fashion. Any form or fashion.'' Much applause. "What you've got to understand about the Pittsburgh Steelers is .. I ain't got to offer them anything. Guys like James Harrison -- they'll do it for nothing. The men I work with, I'm a blessed person."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/05/27/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1wDKtZCse

Chidi29
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Zu, did you see the PM I sent you?

fansince'76
05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Wonder how long it will take Ravens homer Hensley to jump on Tomlin's comments and insinuate our players are coached to play dirty? :coffee:

zulater
05-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Wonder how long it will take Ravens homer Hensley to jump on Tomlin's comments and insinuate our players are coached to play dirty? :coffee:

He may just leave it alone. I've noticed that Hensley's dialed it back a little with his Steeler disdain lately. I think someone up above has pointed out how over the top he's been coming across.