PDA

View Full Version : Steelers motivated by playoff loss to Tebow, Broncos

polamalubeast
05-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Having your season come to end one play into sudden-death overtime is painful. Getting beat by a team you believed to be mediocre is another level of hurt entirely.

That's what members of the Pittsburgh Steelers dealt with last January after Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos shocked them in the wild card playoffs.

“What gives you motivation is not playing in the Super Bowl, getting eliminated in the first round, losing to a team we had no business losing to,” linebacker Lamar Woodley said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s a team we should have easily beat. That’s motivation, watching teams play the week after us.”

Tebow needed just 10 completions to total 316 yards passing, and it's that final completion that is burned into the retina of Steelers Nation. Tebow hitting DeMaryius Thomas on a slant, Thomas stiff-arming Ike Taylor to the ground and taking it 80 yards to the house. Bedlam at Mile High, heartbreak in Pittsburgh.

“When you lose in that manner, the game sticks with you,” says linebacker Larry Foote. “It’s going to stick with us forever.”

The Steelers have re-tooled their roster following that devastating setback, and the players that remain believe they will overcome the loss of veteran leaders like James Farrior, Hines Ward and Aaron Smith.

"As leaders leave," Woodley said, "other guys around here become leaders.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829615af/article/playoff-loss-to-tebow-broncos-motivates-steelers

fansince'76
05-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Getting completely smoked by a guy who will more than likely be selling insurance about three years from now would certainly motivate me...

tube517
05-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Can't win them all plus we got a stud OG as a result

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

polamalubeast
05-27-2012, 02:54 PM
The gameplan was so dreadful...If Lebeau would have been passive, the Steelers have won the game easily.

But Lebeau has made ​​the gameplan that Steeldude would have made ​and we have seen the result

ALLD
05-27-2012, 03:20 PM
No Ryan Clark and a few key players injured. Still no excuse, but is good motivation.

GBMelBlount
05-27-2012, 09:06 PM
The gameplan was so dreadful...If Lebeau would have been passive, the Steelers have won the game easily.

But Lebeau has made ​​the gameplan that Steeldude would have made ​and we have seen the result

Good point PB. While it's nice to be able to sit in an armchair and criticize lebeau after the fact has it occured to you that there are other factors like Ben being sevely hobbled that may have affected the outcome as well?....

polamalubeast
05-27-2012, 09:22 PM
I rarely blame Lebeau

It can happen to the coach to have a bad game and it happened against the broncos.

The drive of Flacco against us was not the fault of Lebeau....Firstly Flacco deserves a lot of credit on this drive and secondly the pass rush was bad for the entire game against the Ravens ... It was painful

It was not because of the Prevent defense .... I hate so much this excuse

steelreserve
05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Getting completely smoked by a guy who will more than likely be selling insurance about three years from now would certainly motivate me...

You really think Tebow will be selling insurance? People would be falling all over themselves to give him a reality show and even MORE hype. I'm actually rooting for him to stay in the league as long as possible so I don't have to hear about that type of crap. He's only a minor nuisance if he's running fake punts and fleaflickers on some circus of a team in the AFC East.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
You really think Tebow will be selling insurance? People would be falling all over themselves to give him a reality show and even MORE hype. I'm actually rooting for him to stay in the league as long as possible so I don't have to hear about that type of crap. He's only a minor nuisance if he's running fake punts and fleaflickers on some circus of a team in the AFC East.

Tebow is flavor of the day like the "Wildcat" offense was. He will not sell insurance, but rather prevent natural disasters before they happen.