PDA

View Full Version : Quarterbacks who passed for 500 yards in a game(Ben on the list!)

polamalubeast
05-27-2012, 12:32 PM
One of the many traditions of the Memorial Day weekend is the Indianapolis 500. And the No. 500 has been an elusive one in the NFL. Despite the NFL's evolution, 500-yard passing games are actually pretty rare. So here's a look at all of the 500-yard passing performances in NFL history.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82953ec1/article/quarterbacks-who-passed-for-500-yards-in-a-game?module=HP11_cp

ALLD
05-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I think it is odd that the author did not mention the BB beat the Packers whereas everybody else's opponent was mentioned except for Marino.

fansince'76
05-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Oct. 13, 1985:
Phil Simms completed 40 of 62 passes for 513 yards. What's amazing is Simms had only one touchdown and it came late on a 24-yard score to George Adams. With that many yards, you figure he'd accidentally throw three scores, at least.

Must've had Arians as his OC! :horror: :chuckle:

Steeldude
05-28-2012, 12:11 AM
With the wussification of the NFL it won't be long until 600 and 700 yards are surpassed. When/If that happens I will probably stop watching the NFL?

GBMelBlount
05-28-2012, 07:57 AM
Steeldude
With the wussification of the NFL it won't be long until 600 and 700 yards are surpassed. When/If that happens I will probably stop watching the NFL?

500 yards passing in a game is one of many accomplishments Ben can be proud of.

If our line gels and Ben and our receivers are healthy...he could rack up some serious passing yards again this year. Although acclimating to the new play book may hinder that.

Also, with the crazy amount of passing yardage (and receptions) in the nfl, there will be a glut of receivers with 1000 catches which I think it will make it more difficult for Hines to get into the hall of fame...

Count Steeler
05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
500 yards passing in a game is one of many accomplishments Ben can be proud of.

If our line gels and Ben and our receivers are healthy...he could rack up some serious passing yards again this year. Although acclimating to the new play book may hinder that.

Also, with the crazy amount of passing yardage (and receptions) in the nfl, there will be a glut of receivers with 1000 catches which I think it will make it more difficult for Hines to get into the hall of fame...

Our improved OLine will dictate more ball possession type plays. Eat the clock, get the lead, keep our D off the field. I would be surprised if Ben had more than 6, 300 yard games this year. The only chance for him to crack the 500 barrier is if we get in a shoot out, like the GB game of 3 years ago.

Ward might have trouble getting into the hall. Hopefully, some of the current WR that are being voted on will get in and make room for Hines.

GBMelBlount
05-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Our improved OLine will dictate more ball possession type plays. Eat the clock, get the lead, keep our D off the field. I would be surprised if Ben had more than 6, 300 yard games this year.

The only chance for him to crack the 500 barrier is if we get in a shoot out, like the GB game of 3 years ago.

Ward might have trouble getting into the hall. Hopefully, some of the current WR that are being voted on will get in and make room for Hines.

That is a great point....let's hope we don't have too many games where that thought even comes to mind....