PDA

View Full Version : Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion

Vincent
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
“For our efforts to remove the bill's abortion funding, we were called 'deceivers' by President Obama and 'liars' by his allies. Now we know who the true deceivers and liars really are,"

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/69384
Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Through New High-Risk Insurance Pools
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

(CNSNews.com) - If you want proof that President Obama's Executive Order on taxpayer-funded abortion was a sham, look no further than Pennsylvania, says House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio).

Boehner and other Republicans point to reports that the Health and Human Services Department is giving Pennsylvania $160 million to set up a new high-risk insurance pool that will cover any abortion that is legal in the state.

"The fact that the high-risk pool insurance program in Pennsylvania will use federal taxpayer dollars to fund abortions is unconscionable," Boehner said in a statement on Tuesday.

“Just last month at the White House, I asked President Obama to provide the American people with a progress report on the implementation of his Executive Order, which purports to ban taxpayer-funding of abortions. Unfortunately, the President provided no information, and the American people are still waiting for answers."

President Obama pledged that under his health care plan “no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”

In a May 13 letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Boehner asked if her department has provided guidance to the states on how to implement the president’s Executive Order on abortion funding. Boehner also asked Sebelius if the new federal high-risk pools would exclude abortion coverage.

He says his questions remain unanswered.

"Millions of Americans care deeply about this aspect of the new law and its implementation, and no progress report is complete without detailed information about it,” Boehner wrote to Sebelius.

The conservative Family Research Council says the $160 million in taxpayer funds for Pennsylvania is the first known instance of direct federal funding of abortions through the new high-risk insurance pools.

The abortion funding for pool participants validates the arguments pro-life groups made throughout the health care debate – that taxpayer dollars will fund abortions, said Tom McClusky, senior vice president of the Family Research Council’s political action arm.

“For our efforts to remove the bill's abortion funding, we were called 'deceivers' by President Obama and 'liars' by his allies. Now we know who the true deceivers and liars really are,’ McClusky said.

"This action by the Obama Administration also exposes the worthlessness of President Obama's Executive Order that supposedly would prevent federal funding of abortion, but which both sides, including Planned Parenthood, agreed was unenforceable.

"While the American people deserve an apology from President Obama for his deception, we should only be satisfied when this Pennsylvania abortion funding is rescinded and the health care law repealed.

McClusky noted that the new health care law also includes $12.5 billion for community health centers, and $6 billion for co-ops, both of which can fund abortions. And some people will use tax credits to help them pay for plans that cover abortion.

Even before it’s fully implemented, the Democrats’ health care plan “is already being exposed as a high-taxing, poorly thought-out, and taxpayer-funding-of-abortion monstrosity,” McClusky said.

Republican leader Boehner says House Republicans would codify the Hyde amendment, thus prohibiting all authorized and appropriated federal funds from being used to pay for abortion. Under the Republican plan, any health plan that includes abortion coverage would not receive federal funds.

"And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up -- under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place."
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-to-a-Joint-Session-of-Congress-on-Health-Care/

Shea
07-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Vincent, I like you. Love your non-wearing jeans ass, but can't these threads be contained within the "official" bash Obama thread??

It's getting to be too much, to the point that I'm in this section of the forum where I shouldn't be.

God, I miss football and hockey.

ALLD
07-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Economically it is cheaper to publicly fund abortions rather than support unbaffordable pregnancies with public money. Morally, there is a whole set of different circumstances.

smokin3000gt
07-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Has he kept his word about a single thing besides the health care he choked down our throats?

Stlrs4Life
07-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Vincent, I like you. Love your non-wearing jeans ass, but can't these threads be contained within the "official" bash Obama thread??

It's getting to be too much, to the point that I'm in this section of the forum where I shouldn't be.

Republicans can't read.

Mach1
07-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Republicans can't read.

I thought that was the Dem's. You know the ones who vote and pass shit bills before they read them.

Stlrs4Life
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah, them there Republicans never pass shit bills.

Mach1
07-14-2010, 11:32 PM
How's that free stuff working out for ya?

tony hipchest
07-15-2010, 12:23 AM
this is absurd! there are plenty of taxpayer paid programs in place to support, educate, and medicate all of these unborn children!

why do you think so many mexicans keep coming over here to populate?

damn... it feels pretty liberating (please ignore the "liberal" affix) to join the majority and speak my mind.

:sarcasm2:

7SteelGal43
07-15-2010, 10:50 AM

But it's a political topic, and this IS the forum for political topics, aint' it ?

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 11:49 AM
But it's a political topic, and this IS the forum for political topics, aint' it ?

:applaudit:

Yeah - amazing isn't it that there is no whining and bitching about all of the anti-GOP threads being started around here by the Lib sheeple. :jerkit:

Shea
07-18-2010, 02:28 PM

Yeah - amazing isn't it that there is no whining and bitching about all of the anti-GOP threads being started around here by the Lib sheeple. :jerkit:

What, all three of them??

On average, there seems to be three threads started here every day on Obama.

X-Terminator
07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
What, all three of them??

On average, there seems to be three threads started here every day on Obama.

Um, there have been FOUR anti-GOP threads started in the last 23 hours. If you had actually read through the threads in this forum, you would have known that.

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Um, there have been FOUR anti-GOP threads started in the last 23 hours. If you had actually read through the threads in this forum, you would have known that.

In addition, it seems that almost every anti-Obaaaaaaaama thread is hijacked into a bu, bu, bu Bush/GOP thread.

Shea
07-18-2010, 02:49 PM

Sorry, I missed one, four it is - doesn't change my point at all.

Four is peanuts around here in the land of let's make a thread on all things Obama.

Did anyone catch that zit on his forehead in his last press conference?? And if so why wasn't a thread about it started? Some of you are slipping! :nono:

And Stlrs4Life, doesn't post much and only pops in from time to time. Otherwise, there we be none of these threads that seem to now be "invading" the board. (C'mon! :doh2:)

In addition, it seems that almost every anti-Obaaaaaaaama thread is hijacked into a bu, bu, bu Bush/GOP thread.

That's generalizing.

And I think people are just wanting others to recognize what Bush himself did, and the mess he handed off to Obama.

X-Terminator
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I missed one, four it is - doesn't change my point at all.

Four is peanuts around here in the land of let's make a thread on all things Obama.

Did anyone catch that zit on his forehead in his last press conference?? And if so why wasn't a thread about it started? Some of you are slipping! :nono:

And Stlrs4Life, doesn't post much and only pops in from time to time. Otherwise, there we be none of these threads that seem to now be "invading" the board. (C'mon! :doh2:)

What do you want us to do about it? Ban all talk about Obama? Plus, last I checked, nobody said anything about all of the anti-GOP threads that have popped up until...guess when?

Think about it.

That's generalizing.

And I think people are just wanting others to recognize what Bush himself did, and the mess he handed off to Obama.Most people DO recognize the things that Bush did. Just because they aren't falling all over themselves pointing them out doesn't mean that they don't.

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 03:05 PM
That's generalizing.

No it is not. It's the plain truth.

And I think people are just wanting others to recognize what Bush himself did, and the mess he handed off to Obama.

Again - nein. Bush hasn't been the POTUS for almost 19 months now and the bu, bu, bu Bush bullshit is not just getting redundant, but is moot. Bush took his lumps while he was in office for his fubars and now that Obaaaaaaama is making matters even worse than they were - he's going to have to take his lumps too.

On a side note, what totally busts my bra straps is that Obaaaaama has adopted a lot of the same programs and ideas that he and his sheeple abhored Bush for during the election. That is why we GOP'ers strongly believe that this administration reeks of hypocrisy and utter bullshit and don't hesitate to call him (and his followers) on it.

venom
07-18-2010, 03:15 PM
I blame Bush on this thread !! :sarcasm:

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 03:34 PM

:buttkick: :chuckle:

Bush is also to blame for this damned heat wave we've been having in the Burgh. :heh:

Shea
07-18-2010, 03:34 PM
What do you want us to do about it? Ban all talk about Obama?

Never said anything at all about banning talk on Obama.

Plus, last I checked, nobody said anything about all of the anti-GOP threads that have popped up until...guess when?

Think about it.

Ok, just thought about it. It was HTG.

I hate politics. I acknowledge that Obama isn't clearing the fences while at bat but please, HTG, quit referring to the Democratic party that are his followers as sheeple. It's insulting and unnecessary.

Now let's stop arguing and get back to the fact that Obama is a Muslim terrorist that isn't even an American citizen. :rolleyes2:

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I hate politics. I acknowledge that Obama isn't clearing the fences while at bat but please, HTG, quit referring to the Democratic party that are his followers as sheeple. It's insulting and unnecessary.

Oh - let me get this straight. It's A-OK for Stlrs4Life and Tony (more so Stlrs4Life) to throw out insults at us and call us "Repugnicons", "Nazicons" and all of the other little "terms of endearment" which we've been called over the years. Really? :jawdrop2: I think not.

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
why do a few anti GOP thread irritate people so badly? this board is in desperate need of some balance and if we keep up the pace of 4 threads in 23 hours we may actually achieve that balance in about 6 months.

that is a good thing.

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 03:44 PM
you called us sheeple first and its a general term not aimed at you personally.

in other words you guys started it.

"ribrublicans" :chuckle:

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
you called us sheeple first and its a general term not aimed at you personally.

in other words you guys started it.

"ribrublicans" :chuckle:

That is simply NOT true. Stlrs4Life called GOP'ers "Nazicons", as well as other insulting names for years over at SF.

LLT
07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Republicans can't read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwI1ICYCFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoslK47z_X0

...and don't get me started on how many Dems admitted they never read the healthcare mandate.

Shea
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
That is simply NOT true. Stlrs4Life called GOP'ers "Nazicons", as well as other insulting names for years over at SF.

I never understood the concept of being called a name and therefore finding justification in calling a name back.

It's a faulty, immature practice.

How about taking the high road?

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
why do a few anti GOP thread irritate people so badly? this board is in desperate need of some balance and if we keep up the pace of 4 threads in 23 hours we may actually achieve that balance in about 6 months.

that is a good thing.

The threads themselves don't bother me in the least, as they generate good discussion for the most part. I can also add that I've learned a few things from others' voicing their opinions on both sides of the fence.

What burns my ass, though, is the hypocrisy in whining and bitching about the Obaaaama bashing threads and turning a blind eye to the bash Bush/GOP threads.

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
That is simply NOT true. Stlrs4Life called GOP'ers "Nazicons", as well as other insulting names for years over at SF.i'll have to go do a search for verification but i was a member there since 2005 and there was practically no political discussion (and definitely no infighting) until obama threw his hat in the ring for a presidential run.

we should all hold our heads high that peoples hatred of him brought out the best in all of us. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I never understood the concept of being called a name and therefore finding justification in calling a name back.

It's a faulty, immature practice.

How about taking the high road?

It's called defending yourself which I didn't know was a crime for God's sake.

How about you taking your own advice?

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
What burns my ass, though, is the hypocrisy in whining and bitching about the Obaaaama bashing threads and turning a blind eye to the bash Bush/GOP threads.well to be fair, venom starts a brand new "make fun of obama, democrats, rachel maddow, post a funny picture" thread every day.

a blind eye has been turned to that even though we already have an "official" thread to collect the garbage.

also we arent supposed to blame bush but watch the other side of the aisle blame the media w/o end?

bu..bu..bu..media.

SteelCityMom
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwI1ICYCFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoslK47z_X0

...and don't get me started on how many Dems admitted they never read the healthcare mandate.

Yes, it's a sad state that our countries politics are in. There's no way you can make this point about democrats only though. Republicans are just as guilty of this as well. That's how the Patriot Act got passed. Barely anyone read it. It's quite common in senate and congress on both sides.

X-Terminator
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Never said anything at all about banning talk on Obama.

Ok, just thought about it. It was HTG.

Now let's stop arguing and get back to the fact that Obama is a Muslim terrorist that isn't even an American citizen. :rolleyes2:

No, try again.

Who was the one who started whining about the Obama threads in here? Hint: it wasn't HTG.

Bottom line is no one would have said one damn word about those anti-GOP threads if you wouldn't have brought that up, because honestly, nobody really cared. They make for good discussion, which after all is the entire freaking point of this board. The point that was made was that you were so quick to jump on Vincent for starting this thread, yet had absolutely NOTHING to say about Stlrs4Life posting all of those anti-GOP threads. If you're going to complain about one, then you need to complain about them all. Period.

that is a good thing.

Tony, nobody is irritated about those threads. As I said above, nobody said a damn thing about them until Shea complained about this thread being created.

Shea
07-18-2010, 04:22 PM
we should all hold our heads high that peoples hatred of him brought out the best in all of us. :thumbsup:

Exactly, and it's sad. Atleast to me.

It's called defending yourself which I didn't know was a crime for God's sake.

How about you taking your own advice?

I have my many faults that have therefore come out in many of my posts - posts in which I realized I was wrong and therefore apologized for.

But I've never derogatorially grouped a mass of people EVER due to their beliefs, because I've learned long ago the ignorant faults of stereotyping, and I'm not going there.

Neither am I at all interested in neener-neener childish behavior.

I'm done with this thread. Looks like this and few others are costing a friendship that we have developed HTG, and am going to quit in hopes of salvaging what might be left of that.

X-Terminator
07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
i'll have to go do a search for verification but i was a member there since 2005 and there was practically no political discussion (and definitely no infighting) until obama threw his hat in the ring for a presidential run.

The term he used was "neocons." And if it was OK for him to call all Republicans "neocons," then it's OK for all Democrats to be called "sheeple."

In the spirit of fairness, of course.

Shea
07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
XT, I really have nothing against you but sometimes we could all use some advice from an outside source so here is mine:

Lighten the fuck up dude!

X-Terminator
07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
XT, I really have nothing against you but sometimes we could all use some advice from an outside source so here is mine:

Lighten the fuck up dude!

Oh, I'm perfectly fine. You don't want to see me if I get riled up.

Besides, you should take your own advice.

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 04:43 PM
The term he used was "neocons." And if it was OK for him to call all Republicans "neocons," then it's OK for all Democrats to be called "sheeple."

In the spirit of fairness, of course.well, may i respectfully suggest that that was going on over at another boeard and then generously imported to SF?

either way, if im gonna be called a communist or for nothing more than NOT voting republican, you can sure as hell bet that i am gonna speak my mind. many people got sick and fucking tired of 8 years of bullshit served up on a tax cuts for the rich platter under bush. if anyone dont like people voting against that thy can stick it up their ass, as far as i am concerned.

there aint a repucblican out there that is gonna make things any better than they already are right now, and 7steelergal43 and st33lers are perfect examples that there are no "TRUE" republicans unless they are clones of rush and beck whackjobs.

fuck that. id rather vote with "no child left behind" as opposed to "every child but our very own" left behind.

X-Terminator
07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
well, may i respectfully suggest that that was going on over at another boeard and then generously imported to SF?

either way, if im gonna be called a communist or for nothing more than NOT voting republican, you can sure as hell bet that i am gonna speak my mind. many people got sick and fucking tired of 8 years of bullshit served up on a tax cuts for the rich platter under bush. if anyone dont like people voting against that thy can stick it up their ass, as far as i am concerned.

there aint a repucblican out there that is gonna make things any better than they already are right now, and 7steelergal43 and st33lers are perfect examples that there are no "TRUE" republicans unless they are clones of rush and beck whackjobs.

fuck that. id rather vote with "no child left behind" as opposed to "every child but our very own" left behind.

Well, you can take that entire post and apply it to anyone who does not like or support Obama.

Works both ways.

I know I'm not about to get called out here or anywhere else just because I don't fucking like Obama and the direction he's taking this country. If that makes me some "right-wing, Rush-loving whackjob," then so be it. I fully intend to speak my mind about it regardless of how many people whine and bitch because there's "too many Obama-bashing threads" on this site.

HometownGal
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
many people got sick and fucking tired of 8 years of bullshit served up on a tax cuts for the rich platter under bush. if anyone dont like people voting against that thy can stick it up their ass, as far as i am concerned.

The tax cuts for the "rich" is a hemorrhoid compared to the gigundo ass fucking we're going to get in 2011 with Obaaaaaaama's tax hikes. Better stock up on KY now hipcheese.

To set the record straight - and I can't speak for every GOP'er on this board - I don't respond negatively to any Demo's post because they choose to support a different party than I. That would be grossly unfair and prejudicial. That being said, however, when I am called names and ridiculed for simply standing my ground on opinions (BB's are boards of opinions after all) and abhoring the present administration for what I believe are very solid and verifiable reasons, my claws are going to come out every time. I think any rational human being with any degree of self respect would defend their own damned self when being unfairly insulted and cajoled.

Bush took his stoning and hasn't been in office for 19 months. Obaaaama is the current POTUS and when he fucks up, he's going to take his ass kicking just as GWB did.

Ribrublicans? :chuckle: :buttkick: Take that DemoRAT. :heh:

Vincent
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Bush took his stoning and hasn't been in office for 19 months.

The abuse GWB took and still takes is beyond behavior that should be tolerated. Imagine the response to these turds if their vitriol was aimed at the Kenyan interloper...

http://www.binscorner.com/pages/d/death-threats-against-bush-at-protests-i.html

"Freedom of speech" is one thing. This is what the left have dished out over the 8 Bush years. Any one of those turds should be an oily stain on the pavement.

I have never heard any critic of the KI say anything even approaching the sick twisted insanity of the left against Bush. Those turds should be ashamed of themselves, but shame is something they obviously lack. You apologists for the left need to get your turds in line.

The double standard is bull@#$%.

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Republicans can't read.

Both sides can't read is more like it. (At least for a select few.)

I thought that was the Dem's. You know the ones who vote and pass shit bills before they read them.

Republicans are no more innocent of proposing/passing shit bills. That goes for all of DC.

Yeah, them there Republicans never pass shit bills.

At least they give the people time to read it.

Exactly, both are entitled to the same heat. Plus the bu bu bu Bush excuse never cut it.

I blame this on Dick Cheney, Obama, and Biden(But mostly Obama and Biden.:rofl:)

Oh - let me get this straight. It's A-OK for Stlrs4Life and Tony (more so Stlrs4Life) to throw out insults at us and call us "Repugnicons", "Nazicons" and all of the other little "terms of endearment" which we've been called over the years. Really? :jawdrop2: I think not.

Hypocrisy at its finest right there.

that is a good thing.

I have nothing against a delicate balance. But I DO have a problem with hypocrisy and when people bitch at anti threads in both direction. We have the first ammendment for a reason.

MasterOfPuppets
07-18-2010, 10:54 PM
i'll have to go do a search for verification but i was a member there since 2005 and there was practically no political discussion (and definitely no infighting) until obama threw his hat in the ring for a presidential run.

don't bother. they don't exist. i've searched high and low looking for those threads rev's claimed to have called bush policies out on .. there is basically no political threads prior to as you said, when obama threw his hat into the ring.

tony hipchest
07-18-2010, 11:18 PM
don't bother. they don't exist. i've searched high and low looking for those threads rev's claimed to have called bush policies out on .. there is basically no political threads prior to as you said, when obama threw his hat into the ring.yep. youre 100% correct. in 2008 jeremy made it his mission to play antagonist and get under every republicans skin who posted in the locker room, and boy did he succeed.

once he was banned the anti-democratic angst that was stirred up was deflected onto all other members who happened to share a non-republican worshiping point of view.

3 to be 4 was the 1st member to even mention obama as a presidential candidate at sf, and to no suprise it was jeremy (uber hilary supporter i guess) who was the only one to rip him.

there was definitely shit going on at other boards that was imported to our own. the "main player" you speak of above is perfect proof of that.

MasterOfPuppets
07-18-2010, 11:35 PM
yep. youre 100% correct. in 2008 jeremy made it his mission to play antagonist and get under every republicans skin who posted in the locker room, and boy did he succeed.

once he was banned the anti-democratic angst that was stirred up was deflected onto all other members who happened to share a non-republican worshiping point of view.

3 to be 4 was the 1st member to even mention obama as a presidential candidate at sf, and to no suprise it was jeremy (uber hilary supporter i guess) who was the only one to rip him.

there was definitely shit going on at other boards that was imported to our own. the "main player" you speak of above is perfect proof of that.

my favorite was always how he liked to go on and on about adopting failed bush policies ... then he gets all defensive when ever i asked why he never bitched about said policies when they were failing the first time around. which of course he claimed he did, but it must have been on another board ... that or maybe he just ranted about it to his kitty cats ...:noidea:

HometownGal
07-19-2010, 07:48 AM
don't bother. they don't exist. i've searched high and low looking for those threads rev's claimed to have called bush policies out on .. there is basically no political threads prior to as you said, when obama threw his hat into the ring.

There were a ton of threads deleted over at SF when the new sheriff took over. I know for a fact that there were Bush and GOP bashing threads over at SF before anyone even knew who Obaaaaaaama was, most of them started by the same person.

Really - WTF does revs have to do with this thread? Please knock it off with the baiting.

LLT
07-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Here is what I dont understand....EVERYONE is saying that they dont want this sort of rhetoric....EVERYONE is saying that they are the victim. so.............

CUT IT OUT!!!!!

DON'T bring up a posters name do bait them into a flame war!!!!

DON'T use name calling at all in regards to followers of a specific ideology!!!

DON'T focus on everyone elses respones..focus on the appropriate content of your own!!!

DON'T think that you can play the "I'm just playing" card....We dont care how someone else "took" your post....rude is rude and will be dealt with accordingly!!!

DON'T post a thread that is an obviously hateful opinionated rant....not all articles are legitimate....there are hate-filled idiotic writers/commentators on both sides of the fence who depend on people spreading their hate.

EITHER be part of the solution...or your part of the problem!!!!!!!!!

I have been part of flame wars on the old board and ruined friendships over politics and/or politicians who dont know me...who could care less about message boards and the forum members.

We are going to lose members....and potential members ...who have no desire to be part of hateful mean-spirited discussions. Everyone has their on cross to bear daily...and this board should be an "escape" from the daily grind...a place where we can all go and discuss the Steelers and daily life.

The magic of a forum....is that it brings people together who have a common bond. In this case our favorite football team. When a board becomes about what divides us....it is no longer an escape, its just MORE DAILY BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Just my two cents.

stillers4me
07-19-2010, 08:34 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/NorrinRadd1/image001-1.jpg

stillers4me
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
How about keeping the posts focused on debating the topic started by the OP rather than about the posters themselves.

suitanim
07-19-2010, 09:13 AM
LOL...I don't even post here anymore and am STILL being baited by the same few...:blah:

Godfather
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
my favorite was always how he liked to go on and on about adopting failed bush policies ... then he gets all defensive when ever i asked why he never bitched about said policies when they were failing the first time around. which of course he claimed he did, but it must have been on another board ... that or maybe he just ranted about it to his kitty cats ...:noidea:

I always took those posts as a taunt to the Kool-Aid drinkers--"hey look, Obama is doing the same thing you hated Bush for". He didn't necessarily believe those policies were bad, he was calling out the people who opposed them.

tony hipchest
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
ugh, and anyone who still approves of a republican alternative has a skull full of mud. :doh:

NJarhead
07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
"Mud" apparently means "common sense."

Is that Spanish? :noidea:

X-Terminator
07-19-2010, 06:25 PM
st33lersguy, that post was already deleted this morning. Why post it again? And BTW, can't you read? We will not have any more name-calling in reference to a person's political beliefs. That goes for EVERYONE, regardless of their affiliation.

Like LLT said, we're going to clean up this mess around here, and if you're not going to be part of the solution, then you are part of the problem and will be dealt with. Plain and simple.

Playtime is over, folks.

NJarhead
07-19-2010, 06:36 PM

that is a good thing.

But you're out numbered. It would appear that it's something that merely needs to be accepted. Not saying "Ha, ha! We outnumber you!!!" Just saying, that's why. I thought you guys realized that.
Unless you recruit some more lefty Steelers fans (or other fans) to join this site, I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's pretty much always been that way.

Devilsdancefloor
07-19-2010, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4&feature=related

ok this is what this thread reminds me of....

The sad state if this country is because we have gotten away from certain values and the blame falls on both parties. I personally think the fighting between the parties is what the folks in DC want. this country is becoming more and more like rome and until we the people put our foot down nothing is going to change.

tony hipchest
07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
And BTW, can't you read? We will not have any more name-calling in reference to a person's political beliefs. That goes for EVERYONE, regardless of their affiliation.

Like LLT said, we're going to clean up this mess around here, and if you're not going to be part of the solution, then you are part of the problem and will be dealt with. Plain and simple.

Playtime is over, folks.i guess i cant read either.

are there a new set of guidelines that must be followed in the political forum? if so, i must have missed them. i mean i did read LLT's post (and a damn good post it was) but it was offered up as his 2 cents, and not new COC that must be followed.

i still see "stupid" motivational poster posts, and the reference of "kool-aid" drinkers.

this is the type of name calling that will no longer be allowed right? as far as im concerned, if anyone infers my vote casted at the polls makes me a communist, sheeple, kool-aid drinker, or socialist they are baiting me.

and the reality of the matter is, anyone who trusts or puts their faith in ANY politician or party is a kool aid drinker or "stupid" all the same.

anyways, in fairness to the members, is their a plan in place, yet to be unveiled, or is this it?

Vincent
07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
The sad state if this country is because we have gotten away from certain values and the blame falls on both parties. I personally think the fighting between the parties is what the folks in DC want. this country is becoming more and more like rome and until we the people put our foot down nothing is going to change.

"There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile."

http://dailydish.typepad.com/the_daily_dish/images/marcusaurelius.jpg

As the Republic of Rome was crushed under the weight of politics, excess and greed, so it seems our fragile Republic shall too fall.

tony hipchest
07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
"There was a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile."

http://dailydish.typepad.com/the_daily_dish/images/marcusaurelius.jpg

As the Republic of Rome was crushed under the weight of politics, excess and greed, so it seems our fragile Republic shall too fall.

very nice reference. :applaudit:

you been talking to stinky fred, havent you?

SteelCityMan786
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
ugh, and anyone who still approves of a republican alternative has a skull full of mud. :doh:

If that skull full of mud means common sense, then I'll take the Republican alternative. Otherwise, give me something different. Rewrite the bill or kill it all together. Start over. Socializing it fixes NOTHING. Just ask countries who once had a socialist govt. like Russia. You think those type of governments held up? They sure as hell didn't.

st33lersguy, that post was already deleted this morning. Why post it again? And BTW, can't you read? We will not have any more name-calling in reference to a person's political beliefs. That goes for EVERYONE, regardless of their affiliation.

Playtime is over, folks.

Way to put the ax to this one. :applaudit:

Shea
07-19-2010, 09:19 PM
you been talking to stinky fred, havent you?

Stinky Fred is a hottie. :eyebrows:

Shea
07-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Way to put the ax to this one. :applaudit:

:kissass: :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
07-19-2010, 10:13 PM
What you playing at Shea? :heh:

Shea
07-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm just playin' around with ya, Matt. :hug:

Wallace108
07-20-2010, 12:15 AM
Wow, I can't believe I've overlooked this thread.
Here's my two cents (although it's hardly worth that much :heh:)

I'm a conservative and I enjoy debating people who don't agree with me and make me work to defend what I believe. A good debate is when both sides present valid arguments and then tear apart those arguments. If we all agreed on everything, threads would be filled with nothing but :thumbsup: and :drink:.

But while I love a good debate, I think it needs to be done respectfully. Attack the argument, not the poster. Because at the end of the day, we've all had different life experiences that have shaped our views and opinions. And there's nothing no one can say to make me change my views. And I know there's nothing I can say to make someone else change their views. So whether we're debating Arians' playcalling or Obama's policies, there's always going to be disagreement, but we shouldn't make it personal.

So to my conservative and liberal friends (and everyone in between) ... :drink:

HometownGal
07-20-2010, 06:24 AM
i guess i cant read either.

are there a new set of guidelines that must be followed in the political forum? if so, i must have missed them. i mean i did read LLT's post (and a damn good post it was) but it was offered up as his 2 cents, and not new COC that must be followed.

i still see "stupid" motivational poster posts, and the reference of "kool-aid" drinkers.

this is the type of name calling that will no longer be allowed right? as far as im concerned, if anyone infers my vote casted at the polls makes me a communist, sheeple, kool-aid drinker, or socialist they are baiting me.

and the reality of the matter is, anyone who trusts or puts their faith in ANY politician or party is a kool aid drinker or "stupid" all the same.

anyways, in fairness to the members, is their a plan in place, yet to be unveiled, or is this it?

The COC applies to EVERY forum unless otherwise specified. To refresh your memory:

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?3-SU-Do-s-and-Dont-s

2. No Flaming other than in The Beat Down forum. Comments outside of said forum deemed as abusive, offensive, trolling, obnoxious or provocative will be deleted without warning and if deemed appropriate by an Admin/Mod, the offensive party could receive an infraction or be temp/perma-banned. We hope this action will not be necessary.

This rule applies to EVERYONE and no one is immune from the ban hammer. NO ONE. ;)

X-Terminator
07-20-2010, 07:20 AM
i guess i cant read either.

What he mentioned in his post is a list of general rules that we'd expect mature adults to abide by. It's also reiterating things that we Admins have said ad nauseum since this board was started, but always seemed to fall on deaf ears. We should not have to keep pointing these things out to people. The bottom line is if you're about to post something that you know will rile people up, it's probably not a good idea to post it. But if you do, then you will have to deal with the consequences of your actions, as stated in the COC rule that HTG posted above. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter who you are, how long you've been a member or how much you've contributed. NO ONE gets a free pass.

Shea
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
What he mentioned in his post is a list of general rules that we'd expect mature adults to abide by. It's also reiterating things that we Admins have said ad nauseum since this board was started, but always seemed to fall on deaf ears. We should not have to keep pointing these things out to people. The bottom line is if you're about to post something that you know will rile people up, it's probably not a good idea to post it. But if you do, then you will have to deal with the consequences of your actions, as stated in the COC rule that HTG posted above. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter who you are, how long you've been a member or how much you've contributed. NO ONE gets a free pass.

See how what you just posted could be contradictory to what you are trying to convey?

Obama threads have been flying up for months, like bees on honey for quite awhile now.

Someone comes along and posts a few anti-GOP threads and all hell breaks loose.

The irony in this is that people could possibly find the constant threads started about Obama as being baiting, and also - due to your definition - with the intent of riling people up.

There's just too few people around here to validate this, but like SF, this new forum might be keeping people from joining due to just that.

It's a Steelers/Republican board.

X-Terminator
07-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh, for crying out loud...

Nevermind, I'm not going to even waste my time or energy trying to explain this to you.

NJarhead
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
See how what you just posted could be contradictory to what you are trying to convey?

Obama threads have been flying up for months, like bees on honey for quite awhile now.

Someone comes along and posts a few anti-GOP threads and all hell breaks loose.

The irony in this is that people could possibly find the constant threads started about Obama as being baiting, and also - due to your definition - with the intent of riling people up.

There's just too few people around here to validate this, but like SF, this new forum might be keeping people from joining due to just that.

It's a Steelers/Republican board.

Perhaps, but it wasn't planned that way. Just the way it is; quit crying about it.

Shea
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Perhaps, but it wasn't planned that way. Just the way it is; quit crying about it.

Never said anything about planning and I'm not at all crying about it.

Just stating my point of view, along with everybody else, and expressing the hypocritical seeping of the facts as I see them.

And if you don't like that, then tough shit! I couldn't care less.

X-Terminator
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM

Just stating my point of view, along with everybody else, and expressing the hypocritical seeping of the facts as I see them.

Well then, you tell me. What the hell is hypocritical about it? It's hypocritical to have to repeatedly tell people - many of them the SAME people - over and over and over and OVER again to stop with the personal attacks and baiting? That's being a hypocrite? And again, nobody said ONE WORD about those anti-GOP threads until YOU whined about it.

Dammit, this thread was starting to die off a bit, and once again, it's headed right down the shitter.

tony hipchest
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
the good thing is we now have the "anti-obama" forum to house all the anti-obama threads, otherwise the BS'ing forum would pretty much suck and be full of rubbish (i.e carbon copy of the "locker room" at the old place.

in a sense this forum is like its own thread. most of the posts, opinions, jokes, pictures are all parroted sqwacks from either the old board or other ones. its easy enough to ignore the majority of the threads if not the entire forum itself.

"oooohhh an abortion thread... i wonder where this thread is going"?

Shea
07-20-2010, 04:41 PM
until YOU whined about it.

Funny, how you took my original response to this thread. And you call me the drama queen??

I've had enough contact with Vincent, to the extent that we don't take each other too seriously, and I'd actually call him a friend. I might not agree with him politically, but he's a sweetheart and a funny dude to boot.

He wasn't offended, so why the hell should you be?

the good thing is we now have the "anti-obama" forum to house all the anti-obama threads, otherwise the BS'ing forum would pretty much suck and be full of rubbish (i.e carbon copy of the "locker room" at the old place.

EXACTLY!

NJarhead
07-20-2010, 04:43 PM

Meow HISS! HISS!

Saucer of milk at table one baby.
http://steciuk.com/images/AustinPowers.jpg

You're whining. I was just trying to get you to understand. Continue with your tantrum I guess as I couldn't care less either.

:coffee:

X-Terminator
07-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Forget it. I'm in an incredibly pissy mood right now and I really don't want to argue over this shit.

HometownGal
07-20-2010, 08:13 PM

in a sense this forum is like its own thread. most of the posts, opinions, jokes, pictures are all parroted sqwacks from either the old board or other ones. its easy enough to ignore the majority of the threads if not the entire forum itself.

"oooohhh an abortion thread... i wonder where this thread is going"?

Whelp - Obaaaaaama is the POTUS and when he shits the bed, he's going to be under scrutiny, the same as you know who was. There may not have been a gazillion anti-Georgy Porgy threads over at Shithole Forever, but enough of the political threads were hijacked with the never-ending bu, bu, bu Bush rhetoric whenever anyone dared to criticize Obamie or any of his words or actions. This is an indisputable fact hipcheese.

As for the never-ending hoo-booing that this (as well as SF) is a "Steelers/Republican" board, all I can say is that nowhere in our registration form is there a request for political party affiliation. It isn't our fault or our doing that we have a larger right base here than a left. If I really wanted this to be a "Steelers/Republican" board by choice, I could drag an assload of my extreme right wing kookball friends over here (some of whom are NOT Steelers fans) but I'd really hate to clean up all of the carnage. :heh: ;)

Seriously, though - since this thread has been hijacked to East Bumfuck and back and the topic posted by the OP has long since been forgotten, I think it's time we :rip: it.

I am making an honorable request here that the mudslinging and bad feelings generated in this thread not be carried over to other threads in this forum. I'd greatly appreciate it as would the other Admins and Mods. Thanks! :hug: