PDA

View Full Version : Players adjusting to Haley's offense

polamalubeast
05-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Steelers’ players have gotten their first look at offensive coordinator Todd Haley’s playbook and so far they have been picking it up with ease.

“He has been making it simple for guys to understand,” said wide receiver Antonio Brown. “It’s been really fun. It was great to get out and start to run some of the plays. It’s going to be great when guys get on the same page and start executing it.”

Brown and fellow wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders have already dug deep into the playbook, and while they have work ahead of them, things are moving along well.

“It’s going to be a good year,” said Sanders. “I am loving the offense right now. It’s based off of play action. We have a lot more of the offense to put in, but right now we are heading in the right direction.”

One player who is going to be called to execute it right away is Isaac Redman, who will be the Steelers starting running back when the season opens with Rashard Mendenhall still working his way back from an ACL injury.

“For me, being in the league a couple of years now, I am picking it up faster than the younger guys,” said Redman. “It’s not too difficult for us. Everybody is out here working together, helping each other out, discussing things so that when the season comes around we should be clicking on all cylinders.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Players-adjusting-to-Haleys-offense/bbdf40e4-c426-4c66-b1e8-57e7d8621c4f

stillers4me
05-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Quick!! Somebody tell Ben!

Burghfan58
05-24-2012, 06:33 AM
I watched the interviews on Steelers.com yesterday and Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all said they were happy with the progession so far and looking forward to game action with this new offense.....and then came Ben. Frustrating,we'll see how it goes, feel like a rookie. Ben, quit making yourself look like a dumb ass and say something positive.

X-Terminator
05-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Yep, the sharks are out in full force. God help Ben if he struggles even a little bit this season...

The Duke
05-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Yep, the sharks are out in full force. God help Ben if he struggles even a little bit this preseason...

fixed

Burghfan58
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Yep, the sharks are out in full force. God help Ben if he struggles even a little bit this season...

Whether Ben struggles or not, the point is that he needs to act like a leader on this team which is what he's supposed to be.

steelerdude15
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm sure if Ben struggles this season, people are going to be calling for his head. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Whether Ben struggles or not, the point is that he needs to act like a leader on this team which is what he's supposed to be.

So he's not a leader because you don't like what he says?

polamalubeast
05-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Ben is not a leader?!

LOL

Ravens vs steelers when the ravens lead 21-7(2010 playoffs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjOCLw757C0

Burghfan58
05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Didn't say he wasn't a leader. Said in this instance with the new offense he needs to make just one positive statment like his teamates have and quit the woh is me attitude. Don't pull out some video from 2 years ago. I'm referring to the present situation.

zulater
05-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Didn't say he wasn't a leader. Said in this instance with the new offense he needs to make just one positive statment like his teamates have and quit the woh is me attitude. Don't pull out some video from 2 years ago. I'm referring to the present situation.

Guess what. Ben is going to say what he wants to say, when he wants to, and how he wants to say it. He really doesn't need any of our approval before he speaks. :coffee:

Burghfan58
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Guess what. Ben is going to say what he wants to say, when he wants to, and how he wants to say it. He really doesn't need any of our approval before he speaks. :coffee:

Of course he is and we as fans can voice our opinion on what he says or doesn't. Right?? Isn't that what this forum is about?

Count Steeler
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I watched the interviews on Steelers.com yesterday and Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all said they were happy with the progession so far and looking forward to game action with this new offense.....and then came Ben. Frustrating,we'll see how it goes, feel like a rookie. Ben, quit making yourself look like a dumb ass and say something positive.

Perhaps he is of the school of reverse psychology. I'd prefer other teams to think we are idiots and we don't know what we are trying to do.

zulater
05-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Of course he is and we as fans can voice our opinion on what he says or doesn't. Right?? Isn't that what this forum is about?

It's out of our control so why bother? Ben's filter isn't the same as everyone else's. Looking at this through the prism of his eyes he still thinks that he and Arians were on the right track. You get the sense he feels as if it wasn't broke, therefore it didn't need fixing. I think these are just his final frustrations from that being voiced. He'll come around in time. By the time preseason starts this will be in the rear view window.

In essence when the games start to count Ben will answer the bell and find his way in Haley's offense. And to me that's all that matters in the end. I'm not worried about the minutia.

X-Terminator
05-24-2012, 06:17 PM

In between all of the comments you are bellyaching over, he has said that he was looking forward to the challenge of learning the new offense. In fact, he has said that on more than one occasion. But if you want to ignore that, that's cool. Once he becomes more familiar with the new offense, everything will be fine, and the fans will move on to something else to bash him for.

Burghfan58
05-24-2012, 06:35 PM
In between all of the comments you are bellyaching over, he has said that he was looking forward to the challenge of learning the new offense. In fact, he has said that on more than one occasion. But if you want to ignore that, that's cool. Once he becomes more familiar with the new offense, everything will be fine, and the fans will move on to something else to bash him for.

No bellyache here. My stomach is fine. I'm not losing any sleep over what Ben says. Simply commenting on what appears to me and a good many Steeler fans that Ben is sounding a bit whiney. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hell no. I'll still root for the Steelers on gameday and good or bad voice my opinion again just as I'm sure you will.

X-Terminator
05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
No bellyache here. My stomach is fine. I'm not losing any sleep over what Ben says. Simply commenting on what appears to me and a good many Steeler fans that Ben is sounding a bit whiney. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hell no. I'll still root for the Steelers on gameday and good or bad voice my opinion again just as I'm sure you will.

Of course. :drink:

At any rate, I am trying to point out human nature, and humans in general are resistant to change when they don't feel it's necessary. That is where Ben is right now. It doesn't matter if we, as fans, think it's time for a change. We're fans...we aren't as close to the situation like Ben is. Ben is an athlete, but he's also human - he didn't lose that when he became a professional. Give him time in the new scheme, and I'm sure you will hear more of the positive statements you are looking for.