PDA

View Full Version : ESPN AFC North preview. We're no. 3! lol

zulater
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Don't know if any of you guys caught ESPN's NFL live tonight ? If you did you saw they previewed the AFC North. Trey Wingo hosted, with Marcellius Wiley, Herm Edwards, and Bill Polian. As I suspected it was a complete love fest for the Ravens. Suggs injury? Apparently meaningless. And somehow the Ravens defense isn't getting old ( hello Ray Ray, and Ed Reed) but the Steelers is! I'm not sure how that works?

Anyway at the end they all did their predictions.( except for Wingo) First they informed us that 2 teams from the division will make the playoffs. And then they did their predictions, and surprise surprise surprise! Each and every one of them predicted the poor old Steelers to finish 3rd. :horror:

Can't wait until we prove these morons wrong! :tt03:

st33lersguy
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Bunch of morons

steeldawg
05-22-2012, 08:28 PM
wow 3? Thats crazy our team is stronger than ever this year.

Chidi29
05-22-2012, 08:29 PM
I tried watching that and NFL Live at 4. Could not stomach it. "Analysts" still think we're a run first, three yards and a cloud of dust team that is ultimately concerned with our pass to run ratio. And our offense should be worried about how the defense is performing.

I'm right there with you guys. I'm getting more and more tired of ESPN and watching a lot less of it. I want to follow the intelligent discussion, not the mindless drivel.

SteelerFanInStl
05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Weren't we picked 3rd last year too? The anti-Steeler sentiment from them really isn't a surprise. It's the norm. I like it when everyone picks against us.

ALLD
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
The 2 AFC North teams most likely to make the playoffs will be the Steelers and Bengals.

tube517
05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Good, I don't like BSPN and I don't like being the "favorite". Let everyone pick against the Steelers. Even these blowhards. As Mike T said, "Regardless of our demise being reported, we expect to win..... We’re a little bit annoyed to be quite honest about our premature reporting of our death. "

X-Terminator
05-22-2012, 08:41 PM
The Steelers defense is getting old? Did they not pay attention when the Steelers let Farrior and Smith go? Do they not realize that 2 of their regular DL to start the season will be a 2nd and 3rd year player (Heyward and Hood) and another 3rd year player at NT in Steve McLendon? OK, they will still have Foote, Keisel and eventually Hampton starting, but they've gotten significantly younger on the DL, adding Taamu to the mix as well. Harrison is over 30, yes, but I doubt he will have lost a step, plus they still have Timmons and Woodley starting. There will be a new starting corner (either Allen or Lewis, both young) to go along with Troy, Ike and Clark. But yet, the Ravens' D with Lewis and Reed both getting old and have been injury-prone the past couple of seasons, plus the loss of Suggs for at least half the season won't be an issue?

This is why I never watch ESPN. Those hacks have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. If there is another team to be feared in the division, it's a young and talented Bengals team, not the Ravens.

polamalubeast
05-22-2012, 08:45 PM
US vs the world!

the power Ranking before the 2004 season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2004/week/0

ESPN had ranked the steelers 26th and the Steelers finished the season with a record of 15-1!!!!!

In 2010, the Steelers were 19th in power rankings before the start of the season(cowboys 4th)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2010/week/0

polamalubeast
05-22-2012, 08:50 PM
I disagree that the Bengals are better than Ravens

The Bengals have not won a game against a playoff team in 2011 and the last time they had two winning seasons in a row was in 1981 and 1982.

They have young talent, but they have a lot to prove

fansince'76
05-22-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.hathorizons.com/graphics/american_hats/us_mickeymouse.jpg

BigNastyDefense
05-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Fuck ESPN.

Well, when the Steelers are often considered to be on a downswing, they come out and "shock the world."

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for 7TH HEAVEN when we win the Super Bowl (again).

GBMelBlount
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Shrug

Chidi29
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
ESPN has been showing an empty chair LeBron James will be sitting in for his press conference right before the past two commercial breaks.

*facepalm*

Edman
05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
This is nothing new. The Steelers are left for dead or expect to drop off, and it never happens.

The Ravens are usually the sexy pick every year because of Ray Lewis hype. Even when they didn't win the division they were the division's hype machine and media darling.

The Bengals got the youth factor going for them, but they are mostly unproven.

Count Steeler
05-23-2012, 05:12 AM
All this drivel is for the fantasy leaguers anyways. Yes, the Steelers are not a sexy fantasy team. We just want to win football games.

stillers4me
05-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Now we are too young. :chuckle:

vader29
05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Sweet, I've got my t-shirt ordered. :tt02:

http://i49.tinypic.com/w0rs5v.jpg

Bluecoat96
05-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Blah blah blah. BSPN can suck it.

86WARD
05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
ESPN has been a waste for about 10 years now. I refuse to watch it...

86WARD
05-23-2012, 12:58 PM
As far as finishing third (which is possible) because of losing Farrior and Smith, is silly talk. I think the Bengals are moving in the right direction, but Pittsburgh is still a better team IMO.

steelreserve
05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I guess releasing all those old veterans just destroyed our team; never mind that they hardly ever played anymore. Just goes to show that some people aren't really paying attention.

polamalubeast
05-23-2012, 01:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/48677/sportscenters-afc-north-predictions

I understand now why that Bill Polian and Herman Edwards does not have a job right now

steel striker
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Thats BSPN for ya and, their so called experts will eat crow like usual in the end.

Chidi29
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Marcellus Wiley's comments today.

He liked the Ravens as the "window" still being open for them. He thought their defense was getting older but they had enough talent on offense to overcome that.

He said the window for the Steelers was closed. Because the defense is older. And I guess he doesn't think we have enough talent on offense despite having a better player at the majority of the skill positions, excluding RB.

And then he went on about how Todd Haley's offense won't be using Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown which is a total joke.

steeldawg
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Marcellus Wiley's comments today.

He liked the Ravens as the "window" still being open for them. He thought their defense was getting older but they had enough talent on offense to overcome that.

He said the window for the Steelers was closed. Because the defense is older. And I guess he doesn't think we have enough talent on offense despite having a better player at the majority of the skill positions, excluding RB.

And then he went on about how Todd Haley's offense won't be using Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown which is a total joke.

That is a joke, does he not remember haley was the coordinator for the cardinals and they threw the ball all over the yard. Why would we hire a coordinator who was not going to take advantage of the qb and recievers that we are building our franchise around. I swear these analyst need to do their research on the steelers , instead of giving the same generic "they are an old smash mouth team" garbage we have to hear every year.

X-Terminator
05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
That is a joke, does he not remember haley was the coordinator for the cardinals and they threw the ball all over the yard. Why would we hire a coordinator who was not going to take advantage of the qb and recievers that we are building our franchise around. I swear these analyst need to do their research on the steelers , instead of giving the same generic "they are an old smash mouth team" garbage we have to hear every year.

Exactly. He's obviously thinking of Haley's tenure with the Chiefs and how they were a run-first team. Um, they were a run-first team because their best player happened to be a RB and they didn't have any receivers other than Dwayne Bowe for their very average QB to throw to. When he was in Arizona, obviously their talent was in the passing game, so they threw the ball a LOT. Here in Pittsburgh, he has an elite QB, 2 elite receivers and an underrated TE to use in the passing game. And this moron thinks Haley won't use them? It's a miracle he figured out how to breathe.

Chidi29
05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Exactly. He's obviously thinking of Haley's tenure with the Chiefs and how they were a run-first team. Um, they were a run-first team because their best player happened to be a RB and they didn't have any receivers other than Dwayne Bowe for their very average QB to throw to. When he was in Arizona, obviously their talent was in the passing game, so they threw the ball a LOT. Here in Pittsburgh, he has an elite QB, 2 elite receivers and an underrated TE to use in the passing game. And this moron thinks Haley won't use them? It's a miracle he figured out how to breathe.

How he got into Columbia will forever be a mystery to me.

tube517
05-23-2012, 07:58 PM
:yawn: Another ex player talking out of his ass. Next.

Boomerang
05-24-2012, 06:50 AM
ESPN lose more credibility when they come out with predictions like this .

SMR
05-24-2012, 08:52 PM
ESPN lose more credibility when they come out with predictions like this .

Honestly, I wonder if ESPN had credibility in the first place.

O'Malley
05-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Weren't we picked 3rd last year too? The anti-Steeler sentiment from them really isn't a surprise. It's the norm. I like it when everyone picks against us.

^This!

steeldevil
05-24-2012, 11:42 PM
What? I thought we should have been #4...

At least we can all agree the Browns will be #1. Thats a gimmie there.