PDA

View Full Version : Players happy to be back at work

polamalubeast
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
It was back to work for the Steelers on Tuesday at the first day of OTAs at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex on the South Side, and it was a packed house, with the majority of the veterans on hand.

“It’s awesome to be here out, see all of the smiles again, run around with all of the guys, it was a good time,” said center Maurkice Pouncey. “Everybody is more locked in now, more organized.”

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger got his first chance to run Todd Haley’s offense on Tuesday, one that has him staying in the pocket more to try and avoid hits. He said it’s still going to take some getting used to.

“It’s frustrating,” said Roethlisberger. “You put high expectations on yourself. I know all of the quarterbacks do. It gets frustrating at times. We keep learning. It’s day one. We will get in the book and try to be a little better tomorrow. We just keep plugging away at it see where it goes.”

Roethlisberger said in some ways it’s like being a rookie again, learning things from scratch.

“I tried to tell the receivers don’t get frustrated because I know you guys are used to getting a lot more balls,” said Roethlisberger. “This is how it was my rookie year. I know what one guy does and I go to him and if he’s not open start scrambling.

“It’s going to be a challenge but that’s what makes it fun.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Players-happy-to-be-back-at-work/6ea20671-a841-410d-ac95-c9ece12c2791?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter