PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger Needs to Stop Complaining About Pittsburgh Steelers Playbook

polamalubeast
05-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has twice mentioned to the media that new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's playbook is like the "Rosetta Stone," the ancient stone written in three languages that helped archaeologists decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics.

While Roethlisberger was clearly being hyperbolic in his assessments, these comments indicate he's not yet comfortable with the changes that his offense has undergone this offseason.

But, with OTAs scheduled to begin on Tuesday, Roethlisberger would better serve both himself and his team by keeping quiet about his issues and focusing on learning that new terminology.

While the Steelers' offense won't appear that changed to the average eye come gameday—the schemes may change but the plays will be similar, and the team will likely continue to rely heavily on the pass rather than what's going to be a more efficient running game—the language that Haley uses is different from that of longtime Steelers coordinator Bruce Arians.

It's not easy to learn a whole new system's worth of terminology and thus it should take a little time for Roethlisberger to get up to speed. But his repeated public comments about the playbook's complexity simply must stop.

read more

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1190562-ben-roethlisberger-needs-to-stop-complaining-about-pittsburgh-steelers-playbook

The Duke
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking of writing an article along the lines of "People need to stop complaining about Roethlisberger complaining about the playbook"

fansince'76
05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm thinking of writing an article along the lines of "People need to stop complaining about Roethlisberger complaining about the playbook"

This. Sick of hearing about it already. Especially from dipshit bloggers who don't know what the hell they're talking about.

stillers4me
05-21-2012, 02:04 PM
You literally took the words right out of my mouth.

Can we just ban all reports from bleacher report?

zulater
05-21-2012, 02:09 PM

:applaudit: Perfectly stated!

polamalubeast
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
You literally took the words right out of my mouth.

Can we just ban all reports from bleacher report?

it's okay

I will stop to put the articles of the bleacher report in this forum

zulater
05-21-2012, 02:20 PM
it's okay

I will stop to put the articles of the bleacher report in this forum

That's ok. Occasionally they get one right, and even when they don't sometimes it promotes good discussion.

polamalubeast
05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
That's ok. Occasionally they get one right, and even when they don't sometimes it promotes good discussion.

Sometimes, he has the articles that makes me laugh!

As last week, the article that he said that the Colts should signed Terrell Owens!!!

Hindes204
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
saw bleacherreport...did not read.

There will be growing pains of course, but I think too many people are making way too much of the relationship between Ben and Haley. Not even sure if this is relevant to the article, I didnt read it, hahahaha.

tube517
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Clorox Report. :yawn:

st33lersguy
05-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I did not read this because the hyperlink revealed it was from bleacherreport. Let me guess, it was a garbage article and an attempt to make a story out of nothing

86WARD
05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Where has Ben "complained?"

steeldawg
05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
The way i see it , is ben has 2 superbowls and a 100 million dollar contract, he can call the playbook whatever he wants.

X-Terminator
05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
To the author of the article (that I did not read)...Ben was talking about "Rosetta Stone," the language software, not the Rosetta Stone of Egyptian lore. Once again proving that an idiot with a blog doesn't make you any less of an idiot.

In the past I'd have said ban Bleacher Report, but I say keep posting them. We can use the comedy relief around here.

GBMelBlount
05-21-2012, 07:08 PM

LOL!!!!

While I agree there are alot of redundant steelers articles / threads in the offseason it sure beats boredom to the point of drifting down to the soap box...

Nothing wrong with posting these PB. It's our choice to read and post.

Iron Steeler
05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't know imo I wished Ben handled this situation differently. I don't think that he understands that a lot of other teammates are going to follow his actions. Quarterback is a position that demands leadership, what is he telling his fellow teammates with these remarks?? Its almost like he trying to make a built in excuse just in case he doesn't do very well next season.

I wish he embraced it and truly tried to spear head this thing. I am definitely up for the opportunity to make or team better and myself better. If the front office and the coaching staff feel like we can improve from this new playbook then I am all for it, and I encourage my other offensive teammates to perfect it with me... is what I wish he did say and meant it.

X-Terminator
05-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Except he's never said he didn't embrace it, or complained about it. People are reading WAY too much into this. BTW, Antonio Brown said he was going to break out the flash cards when learning the new offense, in a joking fashion just as Ben did with the Rosetta Stone comment. Where's the righteous indignation toward his comments?

SteelGhost
05-21-2012, 08:13 PM
The BAD ole bleacher strikes again :lol:

tube517
05-21-2012, 08:51 PM
To the author of the article (that I did not read)...Ben was talking about "Rosetta Stone," the language software, not the Rosetta Stone of Egyptian lore. Once again proving that an idiot with a blog doesn't make you any less of an idiot.

In the past I'd have said ban Bleacher Report, but I say keep posting them. We can use the comedy relief around here.

:rofl2: Didn't even read the article but that's funny. Clorox Report is definitely comic relief

tube517
05-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Do it, Duke. :applaudit:

Iron Steeler
05-21-2012, 10:27 PM
The way I feel has really nothing to do with the bleacher report. I felt this way with his comments at the pro bowl. The questioning of the rooneys decision. The Rosetta stone comment. All of the above puts a bad taste in my mouth. He knows more then anyone else that the media will make a big deal out of nothing in the off season... why give them anything to work with?

He obviously did not want ariane to go. Now to me he is acting like a spoiled kid that didn't get he's way.

Iron Steeler
05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
And X. You brought up Antonio brown and his flash card comments... and why I didn't direct my comments toward him. It derives from my original comment. Ben may not be used to it but he is one of the older guys on the team and as the QB assigned leader of the offense. Other guys look to him for guidance and he is inviting this behavior.

Either 2May things will happen... everything will click and all will be well in the world. Or dissension will be the demise of the offense.

Yes I may be reading to far into this but it all strives from the behavior of my franchise qb. I wish he gave me nothing to read into.

fansince'76
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Gotta love the offseason...

X-Terminator
05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
And X. You brought up Antonio brown and his flash card comments... and why I didn't direct my comments toward him. It derives from my original comment. Ben may not be used to it but he is one of the older guys on the team and as the QB assigned leader of the offense. Other guys look to him for guidance and he is inviting this behavior.

Either 2May things will happen... everything will click and all will be well in the world. Or dissension will be the demise of the offense.

Yes I may be reading to far into this but it all strives from the behavior of my franchise qb. I wish he gave me nothing to read into.

Here, read this... http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/05/roethlisberger-says-hes-lost-weight-thinks-wallace-needs-to-get-his-fair-market-value/

...and put away your fears once and for all. You have been worrying over nothing.

zulater
05-22-2012, 05:48 AM

One of the sources of the quotes from Ben was an interview he did on Rich Eisen's podcast show. If you take a quote here and there from that interview and run with it, which was done multiple times by various media outlets, it can come across as one thing. But if you actually take the time to go to Eisen's podcast page and listen to the entire interview and hear the quotes in context his remarks come off as quite innocuous. If anything I think when Ben does an interview he likes to throw in a little glib line here and there, so as not to come across as just another dumb robotic jock going through the motions to appease the press. The truth is Ben's a pretty good listen when he does this sort of thing, and unlike many if not most athletes isn't just using the media to sell his latest product endorsement.