PDA

View Full Version : The Top 10 NFL front offices

polamalubeast
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
the steelers are ranked 3rd behind the Giants and Packers

3. Steelers: Regarded as having one of the best owners in the Rooney family and one of the best (if not most underrated) GMs in Kevin Colbert, the Steelers continue to win division titles, conference crowns and the occasional Super Bowl. Since Colbert took over his job in 2000, in the midst of Bill Cowher's 15-year run as head coach, Pittsburgh has put together eight seasons of double-digit victories. You talk about consistency, the Steelers are consistent with a GM that's been in the job for 12 years and only three head coaches in the last 42 seasons. Now, there was some talk about possible friction between the ownership and coach Mike Tomlin this offseason based on assistant coaches, but there is obviously a system in place in that organization. And the Steelers have stuck to it forever to great success

read more

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19068484/the-top-10-nfl-front-offices

zulater
05-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Honestly I think the Steelers deserve to be 1st. Since the AFL- NFL merger in 1969 the Steelers are the most successful team by every meaningful measure.

ALLD
05-21-2012, 12:18 PM
It is interesting to see that the Cowboy's GM was not listed. Possibly, if there was a bottom 10 list he would make it.

SMR
05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I would put the Steelers at #1, by far.

SMR
05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Honestly I think the Steelers deserve to be 1st. Since the AFL- NFL merger in 1969 the Steelers are the most successful team by every meaningful measure.

I second that.

XxKnightxX
05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
I think what gives the nod to Ted Thompson and the Packers GM is simple. They got rid of Favre, they started a brand new page, and 3 years into it they got a ring and had one of the most explosive teams last year, (and one of the youngest). I say we should be 1st/2nd, and the Giants at 3rd.

Butch
05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Why get worked up over someone else's opinion???

We don't need to have the best players, coaches, front office, stats or even the most elaborate stadium, just WIN!!!

silver & black
05-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I gotta disagree with #3. As much as I'm NOT a Steelers fan, I always cite the Steelers as the best run organization in all of pro sports. The blueprint for success is in Pittsburgh; I've never understood why no one will follow it.

BigNastyDefense
05-21-2012, 07:01 PM
I am sorry, no disrespect to the Giants or Packers because both are exceptionally run organizations and are legendary in the league, but the Steelers are the best run team in not just the NFL but probably all of sports.

Every time someone mentions the "Patriot Way" and that some people even say that the Steelers copy the Patriots' way of doing things, I want to punch them right in the jaw. The Steelers have been doing those things since 1969 when Chuck Noll took over.

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1969, the Steelers have been the most successful team in the NFL. Six Super Bowl titles, more than any other team in the NFL. Eight Conference Championships, I think that's tied with the Cowboys for the most. They've had more wins (or close to it) than any other team in that time span. Just three head coaches since 1969, the Steelers are the ONLY team that can say that.

Tell me, how many first round busts have the Steelers had since 2000?

2000: Plaxico Burress - While things ended on a sour note, I damn sure wouldn't call him a bust.
2001: Casey Hampton - Has been one of, if not the best 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL since he was drafted.
2002: Kendall Simmons - Career ended due to back injury, but he was a very good guard and an absolute road grader in the run game.
2003: Troy Polamalu - 'Nuff said.
2004: Ben Roethlisberger - Top 5 QB in the NFL.
2005: Heath Miller - One of the most underrated tight ends in the NFL
2006: Santonio Holmes - Super Bowl 43 MVP, big play guy. Even if he wasn't a pothead, he had priced himself out of the Steelers anyhow.
2007: Lawrence Timmons - Drafted to play OLB, ended up at ILB and is a damn good player.
2008: Rashard Mendenhall - Underrated back with multiple 1000 yard seasons, I wouldn't constitute him being a bust at all.
2009: Evander Hood - Does his job well, but due to the defensive scheme you won't hear his name much. Very, very solid pick.
2010: Maurkice Pouncey - One of the top two centers in the AFC and/or NFL.
2011: Cameron Heyward - Didn't play very much as a rookie, but will see his playing time increase this season. Is going to be the next Aaron Smith on the Steelers' defensive line IMHO. Incomplete grade so far, he has only been in the league one year.
2012: David DeCastro - Best guard prospect in the draft since Steve Hutchinson. Highly doubtful that he's going to be a bust.

I don't see a single bust in there.

Not to mention the Steelers' consistency. It's almost a guarantee that the Steelers are going to be contending for the division and normally makes a pretty deep playoff run.

SMR
05-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I am sorry, no disrespect to the Giants or Packers because both are exceptionally run organizations and are legendary in the league, but the Steelers are the best run team in not just the NFL but probably all of sports.

Every time someone mentions the "Patriot Way" and that some people even say that the Steelers copy the Patriots' way of doing things, I want to punch them right in the jaw. The Steelers have been doing those things since 1969 when Chuck Noll took over.

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1969, the Steelers have been the most successful team in the NFL. Six Super Bowl titles, more than any other team in the NFL. Eight Conference Championships, I think that's tied with the Cowboys for the most. They've had more wins (or close to it) than any other team in that time span. Just three head coaches since 1969, the Steelers are the ONLY team that can say that.

Tell me, how many first round busts have the Steelers had since 2000?

2000: Plaxico Burress - While things ended on a sour note, I damn sure wouldn't call him a bust.
2001: Casey Hampton - Has been one of, if not the best 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL since he was drafted.
2002: Kendall Simmons - Career ended due to back injury, but he was a very good guard and an absolute road grader in the run game.
2003: Troy Polamalu - 'Nuff said.
2004: Ben Roethlisberger - Top 5 QB in the NFL.
2005: Heath Miller - One of the most underrated tight ends in the NFL
2006: Santonio Holmes - Super Bowl 43 MVP, big play guy. Even if he wasn't a pothead, he had priced himself out of the Steelers anyhow.
2007: Lawrence Timmons - Drafted to play OLB, ended up at ILB and is a damn good player.
2008: Rashard Mendenhall - Underrated back with multiple 1000 yard seasons, I wouldn't constitute him being a bust at all.
2009: Evander Hood - Does his job well, but due to the defensive scheme you won't hear his name much. Very, very solid pick.
2010: Maurkice Pouncey - One of the top two centers in the AFC and/or NFL.
2011: Cameron Heyward - Didn't play very much as a rookie, but will see his playing time increase this season. Is going to be the next Aaron Smith on the Steelers' defensive line IMHO. Incomplete grade so far, he has only been in the league one year.
2012: David DeCastro - Best guard prospect in the draft since Steve Hutchinson. Highly doubtful that he's going to be a bust.

I don't see a single bust in there.

Not to mention the Steelers' consistency. It's almost a guarantee that the Steelers are going to be contending for the division and normally makes a pretty deep playoff run.

Well done, sir. Very well done.

NCSteeler
08-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Saws this tidbot today on the cut lists........LB Jermaine Cunningham. The 12th (!) second round pick of the Bill Belichick era not to get a second contract.

jb500ex
09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
I gotta disagree with #3. As much as I'm NOT a Steelers fan, I always cite the Steelers as the best run organization in all of pro sports. The blueprint for success is in Pittsburgh; I've never understood why no one will follow it.
Sorry not the best in all of sport they were a complete joke for many years when organizations like the Yankees and lakers always win

Dwinsgames
09-01-2013, 02:53 PM
lists suck ... just like " titles " per example Americas team ...

greatest of all time lists as particularly bad because many of the guys in todays game would have done squat in this game 30 years ago because they could not have survived the rules of that era