PDA

View Full Version : Petition to erect a statue of Chuck Noll at Heinz Field

BigNastyDefense
05-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey everyone, I was invited to do this via an event of Facebook, so I decided to come here and spread the news.

I think this is a wonderful idea. Chuck Noll is a legendary coach, and I feel he deserves a statue outside of Heinz Field.

Here is a link to the online petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/erect-a-chuck-noll-statue-at-heinz-field1.html

If this can possibly be pinned to the top, that would be awesome! Thank you!

Pristas
05-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I will not sign it. Art Sr. is enough. Next thing you know they will start doing players, then we won't be able to get in for all the bronze surrounding the stadium. Plus, no one man was greater than the whole. That's the philosophy of the team.

Devilsdancefloor
05-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I signed it without him Art Sr would probably not have that staute outside Heinz

sgtrobo
05-20-2012, 01:50 PM
definitely signed that one. his ability to evaluate talent and build the greatest NFL dynasty from the depths of what the Steelers' franchise was is, in my opinion, completely underrated. Best coach of the Super Bowl generation.

BigNastyDefense
05-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I will not sign it. Art Sr. is enough. Next thing you know they will start doing players, then we won't be able to get in for all the bronze surrounding the stadium. Plus, no one man was greater than the whole. That's the philosophy of the team.

Without Chuck Noll, then Art Sr. isn't a Hall of Fame owner and the Steelers likely aren't around today. Before Noll, the Steelers were one of the worst teams in NFL history and The Chief wasn't making much if any money. If Noll doesn't come in and draft and coach as amazingly as he did, the Steelers probably fold or are sold and moved during the 1970's instead of winning four Super Bowls.

Now I know Rooney wasn't in it for the money, but if you aren't making any (and especially if you are losing money), then you either sell the business or it folds.

Without Chuck Noll, the Steelers at best stay one of the worst teams in NFL history throughout the 1970's and further.

Also, it would be just the second statue outside of the stadium. You make it out like there's already several out there. I think Noll is very deserving of the honor.

steeldawg
05-20-2012, 08:30 PM
How about Chuck Norris?

fansince'76
05-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I will not sign it.

Eh. I have yet to ever see an online petition actually get anything changed, which is why I'm not even going to bother.

steelreserve
05-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I want a statue of Chuck Noll's erection outside Heinz Field.

steeldawg
05-20-2012, 10:36 PM
I want a statue of Chuck Noll's erection outside Heinz Field.

1970's chuck noll or present day?

steelreserve
05-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh, you'd definitely have to go present day. I mean, if you're even going down that road to begin with, you gotta go all the way.

SMR
05-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh, you'd definitely have to go present day. I mean, if you're even going down that road to begin with, you gotta go all the way.

Rofl...my dinner ALMOST came up.

ALLD
05-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Second in greatness, only to the coach for whom the Super Bowl trophy is named. Unfortunately, the petition reads like an obituary. It would be a good idea to begin a series of statues for picture taking and to remind future generations of the greatest members in the history of the team. A ground level "Mount Rushmore".

86WARD
05-21-2012, 08:26 PM
IN