PDA

View Full Version : Transition Is Hard, but the Pittsburgh Steelers Won't Miss Bruce Arians in 2012

polamalubeast
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Change is inevitable in the NFL, even for a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers that doesn't see much of it.

This has been a tumultuous offseason for the Steelers. Not only did they cut many of their veteran starters in order to get under the salary cap, the team chose to move on from long-time offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, hiring Todd Haley in his place.

While the removal of Arians had many Steelers fans sighing with relief, it's not so cut-and-dry for the players who have been relying on a familiar system since 2007, when Arians was promoted to offensive coordinator after serving as wide receivers coach.

It's especially rough for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who is still admittedly confused by both Haley's new playbook and Haley's plans for the offense as a whole.

read more

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1185842-transition-is-hard-but-the-pittsburgh-steelers-wont-miss-bruce-arians-in-2012

Count Steeler
05-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Will never be a fair comparison. Haley has the benefit of a revamped and a supposedly much improved O Line. With all the tools in his arsenal, Haley should finish with at least a top 10 offense. Barring injuries of course.

Chidi29
05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Saw BleacherReport.

Stopped reading.

ALLD
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG2Acg8n60

X-Terminator
05-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Yet another Arians-bashing thread.

:yawn:

As Ed said in another thread - it's time to focus on who is on this team rather than who isn't. BA is not here anymore, so there is no need to have a 1000 freaking threads about him.

steelerdude15
05-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Yet another Arians-bashing thread.

:yawn:

As Ed said in another thread - it's time to focus on who is on this team rather than who isn't. BA is not here anymore, so there is no need to have a 1000 freaking threads about him.

I heard that.

The Duke
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
If Haley sucks as a coordinator then I will miss Arians, even if I wasn't a huge fan of the man

that simple

SteelGhost
05-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Saw BleacherReport AND BRUCE ARIANS

Stopped reading.

A little addition Chidi :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-17-2012, 09:46 PM
This isnt true. There are many on this board that will miss him and had a difficult time with his departure. Just another example that the Steelers front office doesnt listen to all the so called experts on this forum.

suitanim
05-18-2012, 05:44 AM
This isnt true. There are many on this board that will miss him and had a difficult time with his departure. Just another example that the Steelers front office doesnt listen to all the so called experts on this forum.

Nonsense. I'm no expert, never claimed to be anything even remotely CLOSE to an expert. But I do like to point out people with no credentials who ACT like they have credentials who make official sounding posts when they really have little idea what they are talking about.

I also like to point out duplicity, hypocrisy, and sometimes downright stupidity regarding the matter.

I've 100% moved on. Seems to me the haters are the ones who can't let go, and keep posting Arians bashing article after Arians bashing article...

Even now people can't let go and have to make smug little smart-assed digs about it...

st33lersguy
05-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Note to Bleacherreport, Steelers benefit without Arians

Texasteel
05-19-2012, 05:42 AM
It seems that there are still some that can not let BA go peaceably. I have caught the inference that those that supported BA is some how less intelligent, and have less football Knowledge than others. I have also caught some comments pointed the other way. This is a touchy subject and I am going to ask everyone please if you have something to say about it, say it for a reason other than to just get under someones skin.

Steeldude
05-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I see some people are still too sensitive with articles on Arians. Let it go...

X-Terminator
05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
We're done here...