PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2012 Offensive Line Taking Shape.

LLT
05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
With the news that Willie Colon will be moved to Left Guard, it is pretty easy to imagine what the Steelers 2012 will look like. Perhaps the best word to describe it, is a word that we are not used to when talking about our linemen.....young.

With the interior of the line having been somewhat established with Decastro at RG...Pouncy at OC...and Colon at LG....its just a matter of figuring out what the FO has planned for the OT positions. The two front runners are of course, Gilbert and Adams, and the argument can be made for either of them playing on either side. Personally I think we may see Gilbert on the left side, but a first round talent like Adams is EXPECTED to start early. And lets all be aware that Adams is a natural Left Tackle.

I was a huge cheerleader for us drafting Gilbert a couple of years ago and said at the time that I thought we might start him on the right side initially and then eventually move him to the left side. His skill set is such that he can adequately play both sides. That being said, all of this was predicted before we picked up Adams who is much more than "adequate" to play on the left....he is a natural Left Tackle who, when motivated, is dominate at the position.

The ceiling on both is such that we are in the enviable position to have two young Tackles who have pro bowl potential. Wait...strike that....For the first time in most of our memories...we have FIVE offensive linemen with pro bowl potential.

Thats right...I said it.

Texasteel
05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I feel like its my birthday. Remember I had visions of Adam, Zeitler in our line, and we end up with Adams DeCastro. My letters finally go to the front office.

ShutDown24
05-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Wait, who is going to start at right guard? Adams? Ugh. Kind of early to be handing that to him.

LLT
05-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Wait, who is going to start at right guard? Adams? Ugh. Kind of early to be handing that to him.

Decatro has already been slotted to play RG.

LLT
05-16-2012, 01:59 PM
I feel like its my birthday. Remember I had visions of Adam, Zeitler in our line, and we end up with Adams DeCastro. My letters finally go to the front office.

Good to know that your posts are read by more that Mayock....isnt it?

ALLD
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
It was either draft some blue chip talent for the OL or put up traffic cones and fit Ben for a body bag. Unfortunately, the previous coordinator did not put enough emphasis into protecting the QB- except with the bubble screen.

The Duke
05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
If both Adams and Gilbert start then I can see JScott sticking on the roster as the swing tackle

if either gets hurt I doubt they would move Colon and have changes in two positions. That's precisely what's has gotten us in so much trouble

LLT
05-16-2012, 02:47 PM
If both Adams and Gilbert start then I can see JScott sticking on the roster as the swing tackle

if either gets hurt I doubt they would move Colon and have changes in two positions. That's precisely what's has gotten us in so much trouble

Essex and Foster as backup OG/OT...Legursky as backup OG/OC ..and Scott as backup OT? Chris Scott might knock one of them off the roster and the resigning of Starks, at Vet minimum, isnt out of the question either.

steelerdude15
05-16-2012, 03:12 PM

How about we just get rid of Scott....

Pristas
05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
How about we just get rid of Scott....

I'll second this. I haven't seen a player so inept as I did watching Scott last season.

polamalubeast
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM
I'll second this. I haven't seen a player so inept as I did watching Scott last season.

100% agree

Scott has made ​​almost lose the game against the Colts by itself!

ShutDown24
05-16-2012, 10:44 PM

Meant to say tackle here lol.

I just don't want to see the job handed to Adams like it was at Ohio State. I would love for him to come out in camp and win it outright, but I'm thinking it might be great to see a guy like Essex win the job and show Adams up to make him want it more for next season.

Steeltreal
05-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Foster(LG) + Colon(RT) > Colon(LG) + Essex(RT) ≠ Colon(LG) + Adams(RT)±1 > Foster(LG) + Colon(RT) || Colon(LG) +Adams(LT)±1