PDA

View Full Version : The Pittsburgh Steelers Will Have the AFC North's Best Offense in 2012

Count Steeler
05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
All four teams in the AFC North are set to have much-improved offenses in 2012, but the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers) will remain the best on that side of the ball. In both the passing and running games, the Steelers will look a bit different, but that will only serve to make one of the league's strongest offenses that much stronger.
The Steelers finished the 2011 season 10th overall in average passing yards per game and 14th overall in rushing yards. The latter number was a bit of a disappointment for a team that has historically been known for its running attack. However, their successes in the passing department mitigated that downturn well enough to help the team have yet another playoff year.

read more @ http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1184577-the-pittsburgh-steelers-will-have-the-afc-norths-best-offense-in-2012

You heard it here first!

ALLD
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
The one area in which the Steelers were even more disappointing last year was in points per game. The Steelers averaged 20.3 points per game—good for 21st in the league—while both the Cincinnati Bengals and the Baltimore Ravens outscored them by one and two points per game, respectively.

The Steelers relied a bit more heavily on their top-notch defense to keep opponents' scores low, rather than making a splash in the end zone of their own. Pittsburgh clearly struggled in the red zone last year, scoring touchdowns just over 50 percent of the time for the season. That number dips to 41 percent of the time in away games.

The Steelers' relatively minor offensive struggles last season could be blamed on a few factors—mainly the offensive line and the play-calling of coordinator Bruce Arians.

The offensive line suffered from a number of injuries that required the Steelers to field 25 different combinations of linemen last season, so it's no surprise that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was sacked 40 times or that the run game struggled to take off. Combine that with Arians' penchant for slow-developing plays and predictable calls when in the red zone, and it's easy to see why the Steelers didn't perform as well as players' individual statistics would indicate.

Can't deny the facts. It is simple arithmetic: -(BA) = +3 PPG

Pristas
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
"In 2012, the Steelers offense should be not only stronger than it was last season, it should also be more well-balanced. Thanks to Roethlisberger, their receivers and a revitalized run game helmed by a new coordinator, Pittsburgh should emerge as the top offensive team in the AFC."

FTFY.

Austin87
05-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Can't deny the facts. It is simple arithmetic: -(BA) = +3 PPG

QFT

BnG_Hevn
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Well now, with competition like the Bengals and Ravens (Cleveland isn't in the equation) that is one BOLD statement.

suitanim
05-16-2012, 11:46 AM
I sincerely look forward to the day when the empty and vapid narrative of simply scapegoating Arians finally dies. I refuse to even look in the other thread blaming everything on his playbook (which may be perhaps the stupidest argument on the subject yet, and that's no mean feat)...time to let go, people, and finally move along...there are other OC's to blame now...

tube517
05-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Talk is cheap. Let's check back to this thread in November. Or for the pitchfork and torches crowd, check back in the 1st quarter/1st offensive play of the Denver game. :chuckle:

The Duke
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Talk is cheap. Let's check back to this thread in November. Or for the pitchfork and torches crowd, check back in the 1st quarter/1st offensive play of the Denver game. :chuckle:

nah, first preseason game

I mean if the backups suck then Haley sucks!

steelerdude15
05-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Way too early to be predicting this.

O'Malley
05-16-2012, 03:29 PM
I sincerely look forward to the day when the empty and vapid narrative of simply scapegoating Arians finally dies. I refuse to even look in the other thread blaming everything on his playbook (which may be perhaps the stupidest argument on the subject yet, and that's no mean feat)...time to let go, people, and finally move along...there are other OC's to blame now...

The "Bubble Screen" or "WR" screen, has been with the Steelers since the Swann, Stallworth days... But IMO, Haley will breath new life in to the Steelers offense this season.. Fingers crossed.

Psycho Ward 86
05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
"Pittsburgh should emerge as the top offensive team in the AFC."

i tired of the shoulda, coulda, woulda's. Let's live up to our potential for once!