PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Rips George Steinbrenner, Draws Heat....

SteelerEmpire
07-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Radio host says ‘that cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires’

NEW YORK - Rush Limbaugh had his own view of George Steinbrenner.

"That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires," the radio commentator said Tuesday on his show after the New York Yankees owner died at age 80. "He fired a bunch of white guys as managers left and right."

Rev. Al Sharpton called Limbaugh's statements "repugnant and offensive whether they were intended to be facetious or tongue and cheek."

"For the last 20-years I have known George Steinbrenner and we have quarreled over diversity and community programs but I always found him fair, direct, and genuinely prone to do what he felt was right," Sharpton said in a statement. "He generated a lot of money for a lot of players as well as for baseball as a whole. ... Mr. Limbaugh and his broadcasters owe his family an apology."

LINK: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38238209/ns/sports-baseball/

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 09:55 AM
rush is a dumb ass piece of fat shit.

good thing only a minority of right wing whack jobs take what the hillbilly heroin addict says seriously. its the many who find him remotely funny or entertaining that is the scary part.

X-Terminator
07-14-2010, 10:14 AM
What did he say that was wrong, though? Did he not make a lot of African-Americans rich? Did he not fire a lot of white managers? As usual, his delivery sucks, but his point is spot-on, especially in light recent news and clips of hateful, racist remarks that were made by a member of the New Black Panther Party that have been released over the past week or so.

Do NOT confuse those remarks with following, believing or even liking Rush the Hypocrite. But IMO he didn't say anything incorrect on its face.

venom
07-14-2010, 10:39 AM
First off , Im no Rush fan . Secondly , I also see nothing wrong what Rush said . He made ALOT of people millions . He shouldnt have to apologize .

steeldawg
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
I didnt hear the show but his comments are usually taken out of context. This was said tongue and cheek im sure.

Vincent
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Going by what was quoted, I don't see the problem, in or out of context.

Last i checked, we are still free to speak and write, albeit with limitations for "hate speech". There was no "hate speech" in the quote.

If I may, I took the quote as praise for the deceased in the area of race in sports. If you're looking at this racially, the deceased did give "minorities" of all sorts the opportunity to play on the biggest stage and for the big bucks. And IMHO he did it to put the best product on the field, so race wasn't a factor. Isn't that the desired outcome?

Just in case nobody has said it today, go @#$% yourself Al.

7SteelGal43
07-14-2010, 02:45 PM

good thing only a minority of right wing whack jobs take what the hillbilly heroin addict says seriously. its the many who find him remotely funny or entertaining that is the scary part.

:sofunny: that's funny, tony, 'cause it's total bulls@#&

Shea
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
:sofunny: that's funny, tony, 'cause it's total bulls@#&

I don't see the bullshit at all.

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 07:15 PM
What did he say that was wrong, though? i didnt say he said anything wrong, just like nothing i said was wrong.

it was typical rush being rush, and race baiting like he always does. its his schtick. its made him millions. he is basically the white version of al sharpton or jesse jackson, only he has a larger congregation, he doesnt hide behind Jesus in his quest for money and fame.

i see rush working here. its a 2 pronged attack. not only does he want to get into a pissing contest with jesse jackson, he wants to say that if rappers can call their peers "niggaz" he has every right to call his wealthy white peers "crackers".

again, i get this tactic. i have used it on messageboards plenty of times. you make a tongue in cheek comment to prove a point because you know it will illicit a response. you know what that response will be and you already have a planned retort.

the only difference is the steinbrenner family hasnt even had a day to mourn before rush starts calling george a slave owner, simply to make a point, be controversial, get ratings, and take a jab at fellow african american 'peers in the business'.

im sure you all know what a "cracker' is. it is the derogatory term for the whites that is pretty much the reciprical of the "n"-bomb. it is diriven from the slave drivers who were 'cracking' the whips on the slaves. they were the crackers.

why didnt rush make this comment before george died (i mean other than the fact that he is a big fat chickenshit pussy)? would he ever say this on national radio were he stil alive? no.

would he say this the day after he died had jesse jackson not commented on dan gilbert and the lebron james situation? no.

rush = jesse jackson. so yes he was wrong, and by being the 2nd wrong he "proved" that jesse jackson was wrong. he proved that 2 wrongs do not make a right.

a jackass with an ounce of tact woulda atleast waited for the man to be buried.

the only thing funny about the whole mess is the completely different reaction amongst his disciples of him and jesse saying the EXACT same thing. for example-

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave.
Jesse Jackson thinks everything comes out in a racist way . He should look in a mirror .

"That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires," Secondly , I also see nothing wrong what Rush said . He made ALOT of people millions . He shouldnt have to apologize .

the irony and hypocricy is a constant source of amusement for me. thanks rush! :thumbsup: ...thanks for pointing out that it is so many others who need to take a look in the mirror. try not stepping on any graves with the next point you make, you classless turd.

X-Terminator
07-14-2010, 07:36 PM
it was typical rush being rush

Of course. You can certainly bash Rush's delivery and lack of tact, and I agree with you. But looking past that, he still didn't say anything that was incorrect.

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Of course. You can certainly bash Rush's delivery and lack of tact, and I agree with you. But looking past that, he still didn't say anything that was incorrect.as much as i disagree with sharpton, jackson, on many issues (or even obama for that matter) i would never drop the n-bomb on them, especially not on a national forum.

you are not saying that you think it was correct for rush to call george a "cracker" hours after he died, are you? (see bolded part of your quote)

even in jest i would never call art or dan rooney a "cracker" especially in light of what they have done being front runners in advancing equality in the NFL (to me that is demeaning to the the blacks they helped and employed by inferring they are/were slaves).

:noidea: but thats just me.

X-Terminator
07-14-2010, 08:02 PM
as much as i disagree with sharpton, jackson, on many issues (or even obama for that matter) i would never drop the n-bomb on them, especially not on a national forum.

you are not saying that you think it was correct for rush to call george a "cracker" hours after he died, are you? (see bolded part of your quote)

even in jest i would never call art or dan rooney a "cracker" especially in light of what they have done being front runners in advancing equality in the NFL (to me that is demeaning to the the blacks they helped and employed by inferring they are/were slaves).

:noidea: but thats just me.

That's why I said if you LOOK PAST that. He said Steinbrenner made a lot of African Americans rich. That's a fact. He said he also fired a lot of white managers. That is also a fact. Everything else is absolutely up for ridicule, which is why I've said for the third time now that his delivery and lack of tact were not and are not excusable.

NJarhead
07-14-2010, 08:05 PM
If Al Sharpton has a problem with it, then I don't.

silver & black
07-14-2010, 08:11 PM
If Al Sharpton has a problem with it, then I don't.

:drink:

A few of you sure do get your panties in a bunch rather easily. :toofunny:

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 08:15 PM

shut up, cracker.

your teams owner is the king cracker of all the crackers. :rofl:

NJarhead
07-14-2010, 08:19 PM

:drink: Yep.

shut up, cracker.

Umm, yep. lol

silver & black
07-14-2010, 08:21 PM
shut up, cracker.

My team's owner might be a cracker, but he sure isn't a racist cracker. First black head coach; first mexican QB; first mexican head coach; first woman in a position of power in the NFL. Al Davis may be a lot of things, but a racist isn't one of them... even if he is a cracker. :wink02:... :chuckle:

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
My team's owner might be a cracker, but he sure isn't a racist cracker. First black head coach; first mexican QB; first mexican head coach; first woman in a position of power in the NFL. Al Davis may be a lot of things, but a racist isn't one of them... even if he is a cracker. :wink02:... :chuckle:the best slave owner is a non racist slave owner. :drink:

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 08:24 PM
:drink: Yep.

Umm, yep. lol

easy there, ritzy.

:chuckle:

silver & black
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
the best slave owner is a non racist slave owner. :drink:

I got nothin'.

venom
07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Does anyone here think John Rocker should have apologized about the statements about New Yorkers ?

"I would retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the [Number] 7 train to the ballpark ( Shea Stadium ) , looking like you're [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing."

He had to apologize for that statement . I didn't think he should have . I live in NYC , its all true !!!!!

NJarhead
07-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Does anyone here think John Rocker should have apologized about the statements about New Yorkers ?

"I would retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the [Number] 7 train to the ballpark ( Shea Stadium ) , looking like you're [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing."

He had to apologize for that statement . I didn't think he should have . I live in NYC , its all true !!!!!

:rofl2:

My take:

1). Yes it's true.
2). What New Yorker really gives a shit what John Rocker says?
3). John Rocker was a douche'.
4). Didn't care if he apologized or not.

NJarhead
07-14-2010, 08:49 PM
the best slave owner is a non racist slave owner. :drink:

I got nothin'.

Yea, me either.

I mean, yep.

GitNoLuv
07-14-2010, 09:32 PM
As usual, this is all much ado about nothing. Rush is tactless and shameless in how he does things. Jess Jackson is tactless and shameless in how he does things. They're two sides of the same bullshit currency. Either way, it's a coin you really don't want to be caught holding.

Wallace108
07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I heard Rush's comment and didn't think that much about it at the time. It wasn't directed at Steinbrenner. It was a shot at Jesse Jackson regarding what he said about Dan Gilbert. As Rush says, he likes to "illustrate absurdity by being absurd." I don't always agree with Rush, but I got what he was saying. I certainly wouldn't have said it, but that's Rush ...

SteelerEmpire
07-14-2010, 09:46 PM
My team's owner might be a cracker, but he sure isn't a racist cracker. First black head coach; first mexican QB; first mexican head coach; first woman in a position of power in the NFL. Al Davis may be a lot of things, but a racist isn't one of them... even if he is a cracker. :wink02:... :chuckle:

Frederick Douglass "Fritz" Pollard (January 27, 1894 – May 11, 1986) was the first African American head coach in the National Football League (NFL).... He coached the "Akron Pros" in the 1920's. It would not be until the modern NFL era until there would be another black NFL head coach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Pollard

Stlrs4Life
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM

I second that. He's nothing but a big Hypocrite. Well, imagine that though, he's the leader of the Hypocrite party.

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 10:39 PM

john rocker?

http://itodyaso.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bwahahaha.jpg

who the hell is he??? he is a has been/never was, nobody peon scrub!

http://themixtapemonster.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/rocker2.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/images/2006/04/bigrockerjose.jpg

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/01/24/0124_john_rocker_getty-1.jpg
youre better off calling oj simpson to be an eyewitness for you in a criminal defense case!

"john rocker"! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

ricardisimo
07-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Tony: nice usage of the HCwDB pic.

The rest of you crackers I'm putting on ignore now.

Vincent
07-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Tony: nice usage of the HCwDB pic.

The rest of you crackers I'm putting on ignore now.

If two parties have each other on ignore and a tree falls in the forest, does either hear it?

silver & black
07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Frederick Douglass "Fritz" Pollard (January 27, 1894 – May 11, 1986) was the first African American head coach in the National Football League (NFL).... He coached the "Akron Pros" in the 1920's. It would not be until the modern NFL era until there would be another black NFL head coach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Pollard

C'mon man... surely you know I meant since the merger... right? :wink02:

Thanks for the link... interesting. You learn something new every day. :thumbsup:

Stlrs4Life
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Thought the Tea Baggers weren't racist:

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2010/07/15/case-closed-tea-party-leader-issues-racist-rant-in-colored-people-letter-to-abraham-lincoln/