PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger talks about head injuries, graduating college

polamalubeast
05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined the show to talk about graduating from recently Miami (Ohio) and his offseason.

Roethlisberger talked about what it mean to graduate. ”It was very important,” Roethlisberger said. “I made a promise to myself and my parents a long time ago. I feel pretty proud about it.”

Roethlisberger weighed in on Kurt Warner’s statements about not wanting kids to play football. Ben said he would let them play, but he wouldn’t let them put on pads until fifth or sixth grade.

Dan asked Roethlisberger if he worries because of his style of play. ”When I’m out playing,” Roethlisberger said. “I don’t think about it. I only know one way of playing, and that’s all out.” Roethlisberger said that he’s suffered less head injuries since he switched to a new helmet.

Dan asked Roethlisberger if the playoff loss to the Broncos is still with him. ”It’s already gone,” Roethlisberger said. “You hate to lose. But you gotta get ready for this year.”

http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/05/09/ben-roethlisberger-talks-about-head-injuries-graduating-college/

suitanim
05-10-2012, 05:28 AM
He only knows one way to play.

It ain't changing, either...

Count Steeler
05-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Dan asked Roethlisberger if he worries because of his style of play. ”When I’m out playing,” Roethlisberger said. “I don’t think about it. I only know one way of playing, and that’s all out.” Roethlisberger said that he’s suffered less head injuries since he switched to a new helmet.

Off topic, but interesting. Helmets do make a difference. Makes sense for the NFL to persuade players to go to safer helmets, while they continue to study the effectiveness of said helmets.