PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley Likes Using Running Backs In The Passing Game

polamalubeast
05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/05/todd-haley-likes-using-running-backs-in-the-passing-game/

steelerdude15
05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
It seems a lot of people have compared Chris Rainey to Darren Sproles. If this report is true in that Haley likes to use running backs in the passing game, Chris could be like Sproles which I would like. This could potentially add another dimension to our offense.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-09-2012, 04:31 PM
He also likes to yell at players and also likes to run sprint draws. Uh oh.

tube517
05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
He also likes to yell at players and also likes to run sprint draws. Uh oh.

:rofl2: I know you have some pitchforks in your shed, El Gonzo.

ALLD
05-09-2012, 04:52 PM
A bucket on the end of a mop would be an upgrade over BA.

Count Steeler
05-09-2012, 04:54 PM
It seems a lot of people have compared Chris Rainey to Darren Sproles. If this report is true in that Haley likes to use running backs in the passing game, Chris could be like Sproles which I would like. This could potentially add another dimension to our offense.

I'm sure Haley had a hand in picking Rainey. Haley has to feel like a kid in a candy store. He has an elite QB, an Oline that may well be the envy of the league in a year or 2, an exciting WR corps, a solid TE, some versatile RBs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-09-2012, 06:49 PM
:rofl2: I know you have some pitchforks in your shed, El Gonzo.

Yup, the ones I used to run off the Arian-nation are still next to the snow shovel. Gotta get some new lampwick and kerosene for the torches though....but not till after preseason.:flame:

86WARD
05-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Rainey has potential to be sick in Haley's offense...

ShutDown24
05-10-2012, 01:48 AM

I love him as a player, but have you heard any interviews of this kid? He makes Santonio sound like the most sophisticated man in the world. It's quite funny actually, and I hope it stays that way. I could really see him having a Holmes-like tenure with the Steelers. On the field, I think he has potential to be not just good - but superstar good. But off it... He seems a little misguided. Like I said, it's humorous now. I just hope it stays that way.

suitanim
05-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Tossing lots of balls to RB's worked wonders for the Eagles for years, and sure hasn't sucked for the Saints lately. That IS one area I wish Arians had put more emphasis on...

LLT
05-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Tossing lots of balls to RB's worked wonders for the Eagles for years, and sure hasn't sucked for the Saints lately. That IS one area I wish Arians had put more emphasis on...

Outside of Rainey...we need to remember that Baron Batch also has soft hands and the ability to catch out of the backfield.

suitanim
05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Outside of Rainey...we need to remember that Baron Batch also has soft hands and the ability to catch out of the backfield.

Mendy caught 34 passes out of the backfield in his last year at Illinois.

Something that surprised me was how little GT used Dwyer as a receiver in that spread. I'm curious what his hands are like...

NJarhead
05-10-2012, 09:47 AM

From what I've read, he seems to be a replacement for M. Moore on third downs (especially 3rd and long) with his ability to catch out of the backfield AND play slot (this is my own opinion based on the abilities for which he was recruited/drafted). I guess he'll also step up to supplement the return game.

Bluecoat96
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM

I wonder if having a healthy Pouncey and more mobile guard in DeCastro will help this. Just think of those two in the second level blowing up defenders to clear a path for whoever is the RB catching the ball.

I remember when we played KC last year and they had that crazy fast gameplan to start the game that left our defense reeling, even with Palko leading the charge. Of course, Palko eventually showed his true colors against our defense. With the speed on our offense, and with Ben seemingly committed to at least getting into better shape than in past years, it should be interesting to see if we can employ some of the same tactics to slow down a defense like the Ratbirds.

sgtrobo
05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
A bucket on the end of a mop would be an upgrade over BA.

totally ridiculous and unfounded statement.

In what world do you live in, that you actually believe this?

A Mop alone would be an upgrade over BA.

The bucket is completely unnecessary.

sheesh...some people... :horror:

tube517
05-11-2012, 12:42 PM

He better or he's going to get yelled at :uhoh: :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
05-11-2012, 04:21 PM

Rainey is explosive and could be a great 3rd down back.

A stout line, Ben's scrambling, three explosive receivers AND Rainey catching passes out of the back field.

That could be very nice.

SteelGhost
05-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Rainey is explosive and could be a great 3rd down back.

A stout line, Ben's scrambling, three explosive receivers AND Rainey catching passes out of the back field.

That could be very nice.

Me likey ! I looks like a SCARY offense.