PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: Expect lots of no-huddle

polamalubeast
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers said they wanted to run the ball more often when they parted with former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians this offseason, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger hasn't noticed too much of a change with new OC Todd Haley, the Pro Bowler told NFL Network's Rich Eisen.

"I get a little confused at times because so much has been made about us, quote-unquote, throwing the ball too much, or going back to Steeler football and running the ball more," Big Ben said on the Rich Eisen podcast, which airs on the NFL Network Thursday, 1:30 p.m. ET

"In these meetings I've had with coach Haley, he's all about the no-huddle and using our wide-receiver weapons and throwing the ball and stuff like that," Roethlisberger said.

The quarterback made headlines this offseason after he said he was upset that the team didn't renew Arians' contract. Arians is now the offensive coordinator of the Indianapolis Colts.

"People made such a big deal about us being so upset and hissy fits," Roethlisberger said. "Nothing like that happened. You hate to see anybody that's your family leave. So that was the tough part."

Roethlisberger, who earned a degree from Miami University over the weekend, also spoke to Eisen about some of his recent coursework, including writing an essay for class on Tibet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f40dc/article/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-expect-lots-of-nohuddle?module=HP11_headline_stack

86WARD
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm good with it. The offense has had a lot of success with the no huddle...a lot...

Count Steeler
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I think I'm more excited about this season than last. If the O Line improves to even cutting Ben's sacks in half, it will be a great step.

I think Ben is on the verge of a monster, fun, year. If the young money crew stays healthy and Cotch and Miller stay solid, Ben is going to have a lot of fun.

Galax Steeler
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Who knows what will happen if Ben has time to throw. With the addition of Decastro this will help give Ben time I think this is going to be an exciting year.

polamalubeast
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm good with it. The offense has had a lot of success with the no huddle...a lot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuaSJWjH_8M

Galax Steeler
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuaSJWjH_8M

Damn I could watch that vid a 1,000 times over what a game that was.

X-Terminator
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
What's this? The Steelers are going to play to their strengths and...throw the ball a lot??? Blasphemy!

"Fire Haley" cat calls in 5...4...3...2...1...

SteelGhost
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I can live with it :chuckle:

tube517
05-08-2012, 08:42 PM
What's this? The Steelers are going to play to their strengths and...throw the ball a lot??? Blasphemy!

:rofl2:

Has Haley been fired yet? He's about due. I heard pitchforks in Pennsylvania went on sale. :chuckle:

Shoes
05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
:rofl2:

Has Haley been fired yet? He's about due. I heard pitchforks in Pennsylvania went on sale. :chuckle:

This might be the ringleader. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eLmDhsQfW0

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-08-2012, 10:17 PM

That wont happen until its 3rd and 2 and he goes empty backfield...pass incomplete.

siss
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Whatever brings home the Lombardi's!

ShutDown24
05-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I feel like Ben has been claiming we're going to run more no-huddle for seven years now and it never happens.

steelreserve
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
FIRE HARLEY

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-09-2012, 09:25 AM
I feel like Ben has been claiming we're going to run more no-huddle for seven years now and it never happens.

Yeah, I think that started the same year the "pony backfield" was going to happen.

suitanim
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
We don't need to run more. 55/45 is plenty.

But I have to wonder, will Ben still get credit for calling the plays that work, and Haley the blame for the plays that don't? And what happens if we DO run a lot more no-huddle? Because the pass/run ration is more like 70/30 in the no-huddle. Who do we blame? Ben? Haley? Bush?

Count Steeler
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
How about we forget about a percentage and just be effective, especially in the red zone. Injuries aside, middle of the pack in scoring would be a disappointing result from the talent on this team.

No more excuses. O line is addressed. Good (not great) weapons at RB. Solid WR. New OC. Elite QB. The potential is there for a top 5 finish in scoring. Let's get er done.

NCSteeler
05-10-2012, 11:44 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^THIS

I've heard it just about every off season, just about every preseason.........and it has not yet been true.