PDA

View Full Version : Steelers getting it done

stillers4me
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM
No. 5 pick Chris Rainey agreed to terms on a 4-year deal. That's 2 picks done, 7 more to go.
Steelers Digest‏@SteelersDigest

Steelers Sign Fourth-Round Pick Alameda Ta’amu
The Steelers have signed their fourth-round draft pick from the 2012 NFL Draft, nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu (al-uh-MEE-duh tah-AH-moo). Financial terms of the four-year deal were not disclosed.
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Fourth-Round-Pick-Alameda-Ta’amu/73dedc38-ae89-49b3-961b-0a19bfcb5167

stillers4me
05-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Scott Brown‏@ScottBrown_TribAll drafted players, save for first-rounders, sign 4-year deals. First-round picks get 4-year contracts with a club option for a fifth year.

stillers4me
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Ed Bouchette‏@EdBouchetteTa'amu deal with #steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/search/%23steelers) worth nearly $2.5 M

stillers4me
05-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Steelers Depot‏@SteelersdepotChris Rainey 4year deal will total at around $2.282 million & include $182,000 SB. Base salaries are $390,000, $480,000, $570,000 & $660,000

stillers4me
05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Steelers Digest‏@SteelersDigest
Steelers agree to terms with No. 7a pick Toney Clemons. That's three picks done. 6 more to go, and it's only May 8

bayz101
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Well, they addressed the problem areas. NT had it's questions regarding Hampton's health and age. The Running Back's stable has always been large and talented, even without Mendy, but now with the signing of Rainey all uncertainties are now eliminated. Now Clemons? That'll secure Ward's vacancy. Good job Steelers!

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-08-2012, 04:34 PM
The fact that Bruce Irvin signed his 1st round contract yesterday, means that all the market has been set below him. Contracts will get done, there will be no rookie holdouts, this is all just part of the dog days of may.

ALLD
05-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I would take the money and buy real estate.

Chidi29
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
The fact that Bruce Irvin signed his 1st round contract yesterday, means that all the market has been set below him. Contracts will get done, there will be no rookie holdouts, this is all just part of the dog days of may.

The market has for the most part been set by the wage scale. Each pick has only so much wiggle room with the numbers.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
The market has for the most part been set by the wage scale. Each pick has only so much wiggle room with the numbers.

so, rookie signings are a foregone conclusion, kind of like grass growing and the sun setting daily. Amazing how its news.

Count Steeler
05-08-2012, 06:14 PM
so, rookie signings are a foregone conclusion, kind of like grass growing and the sun setting daily. Amazing how its news.

The only interest would be any holdouts (for what purpose, really) and how quickly the later round picks get signed. Impressed that Clemons already signed. Hopefully it was due to his "combat catches" during rookie camp.

86WARD
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Meh...it's not impressive. It's the way the league works now. Show me Wallace signed and Brown extended and I'll be impressed.

Galax Steeler
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
The only interest would be any holdouts (for what purpose, really) and how quickly the later round picks get signed. Impressed that Clemons already signed. Hopefully it was due to his "combat catches" during rookie camp.

I just wonder how this will play into the Wallace factor. If Wallace holds out could he be our 4th receiver or would someone else fill that roll. We know Brown, Sanders and Cotchery but then who.

Count Steeler
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Meh...it's not impressive. It's the way the league works now. Show me Wallace signed and Brown extended and I'll be impressed.

By impressed, I meant the quickness in which they signed Clemons. Maybe the rookies only have 2 options. Sign or sit.

I am thinking that when and who they sign, somewhat reflects the teams outlook on the player.

Who knows? Could be that some agents are on the ball and others are just taking it easy.

Chidi29
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
By impressed, I meant the quickness in which they signed Clemons. Maybe the rookies only have 2 options. Sign or sit.

I am thinking that when and who they sign, somewhat reflects the teams outlook on the player.

Who knows? Could be that some agents are on the ball and others are just taking it easy.

Again, most of the numbers are fixed. The only flexibility agents really have involve things like incentives and other smaller bonuses. The years are all four, five for girst rounders, and the money has to be in a certain range.

Count Steeler
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Again, most of the numbers are fixed. The only flexibility agents really have involve things like incentives and other smaller bonuses. The years are all four, five for girst rounders, and the money has to be in a certain range.

So we get DeCastro for five years. No need to worry about RFA after 3 years. Wow.

Chidi29
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
So we get DeCastro for five years. No need to worry about RFA after 3 years. Wow.

Yup, restricted free agency is eliminated sans for UDFAs who are still able to sign for three years.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-08-2012, 10:20 PM

Yeah, maybe he beat defenders that were defending every blade of grass. Wait...I think Omar Khan is going to unleash hell on player agents in the days to come.:zzz:

steelreserve
05-08-2012, 11:54 PM
This is SO much simpler now that they got rid of the free-for-all rookie contracts and everyone was waiting for the guy in front of him to sign.

stillers4me
05-09-2012, 05:09 AM
The Steelers came to terms with two more draft picks, including second-rounder Mike Adams.
Adams, an offensive tackle from Ohio State, reached his agreement Tuesday night on a four-year contract. He is the highest draft pick of the four who have come to terms..........

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/adams-clemons-in-fold-635004/

Buckinnuts
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers-sign-second-round-pick-mike-adams/article_8febd816-99e1-11e1-b3a8-0019bb30f31a.html

Count Steeler
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/decastro-spence-last-two-steelers-draft-picks-to-sign-635358/

J (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/decastro-spence-last-two-steelers-draft-picks-to-sign-635358/)ust 2 to go. DeCastro and Spence.