PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers, The Tackle Position, Willie Colon, and His Future Status

stillers4me
05-06-2012, 11:40 AM
I am not going to lie to you readers, the fact that Pittsburgh selected two “top-tier” Offensive Linemen in the first two Rounds of last week’s Draft made me an extremely happy camper. The Steelers’ recent efforts to stockpile and develop young talent along their Offensive Line has illustrated the concerted efforts of a franchise hell-bent on protecting their $100+ million Quarterback as he enters his 30′s. Yet with all of the new and talented faces in town, there is one once-starting member of the Steelers’ Offensive Line whose current status is a bit “up in the air” and multiple questions will likely surround in the coming months: Willie Colon.

Colon’s Career So Far, Injuries, and Growing Uncertainty

Willie Colon may have started over 3 plus seasons in a row for the Steelers, and he indeed signed a 5 year $29 million dollar contract before the 2011 season began as well. However, Colon enters the 2012 season as more of a question mark than an answer along an Offensive Line with a core of young, developing, and potentially fantastic talent. And the biggest reason for the uncertainty surrounding Colon has to be his overall health and the reliability of his body to hold up over a 16+ game marathon of a season.........

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/05/05/the-steelers-recent-acquisitions-willie-colon-and-his-future-status/

ShutDown24
05-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I think you have to give him another shot. Or two. When healthy Colon has been probably our best offensive linemen since Marvel left, with maybe the exception of Pouncey. I love the physicality he brings to the right tackle position. I know it's been suggested a million times, but I'd love to see him moved back to guard when Adams is ready to play.