PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Quip Lindsey agitated, motivated

Count Steeler
05-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Brandon Lindsey likes the way he looks in black and gold.

He envisions himself wearing a Steelers' uniform in games that count.

It would be a dream come true to play for the team he and his family root for every weekend during the NFL season.

But for that to happen, the former Aliquippa High School star must overcome long odds.

For starters, he's an undrafted free agent.

He also signed with a team well-stocked at outside linebacker.

"I have my foot in the door," said Lindsey, who'll be at team headquarters again today for the third and final session of the Steelers' rookie mini-camp. "But now I have to do the work. I have to do everything in my power to make this team."

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/ex-quip-lindsey-agitated-motivated/article_59e28ed0-57e4-5399-928c-061db953fc90.html

LLT
05-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I find myself cheering for guys like Lindsey...then I look at the depth chart and realize that I also cheered for Carter and Worilds.

What a homer.

GBMelBlount
05-06-2012, 07:47 AM
I find myself cheering for guys like Lindsey...then I look at the depth chart and realize that I also cheered for Carter and Worilds.

What a homer.

Agreed. These are great stories if they pan out but the UDFA's are always very long odds.

Good luck Lindsey...

Psycho Ward 86
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
remember, he was supposed to be drafted between the 3rd-6th rounds, he's got more talent than his undrafted status will tell you

BigNastyDefense
05-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I am rooting for him, but for him to make the team he's going to have to show that he can be used on special teams. That's what wins most UDFA's that make a roster the roster spot.

steeldevil
05-06-2012, 11:37 AM
If we keep 9 LBs he has a shot. 8? Don't see it. He would have to beat out Carter if so. But we usually keep 9 unless I'm mistaken.

LLT
05-06-2012, 12:06 PM
If we keep 9 LBs he has a shot. 8? Don't see it. He would have to beat out Carter if so. But we usually keep 9 unless I'm mistaken.

In 2010 and 2011 we kept 8 on the active roster. I think you are counting Chris Carter who was on injured reserve. I made the same mistake.

Michael
05-06-2012, 04:36 PM
My advise is get some film of Donnie Shell's rookie year and Shell's special team play. . Lock himself in a room every day till camp ends. Watch the film and boom in "The Eye of The Tiger" and " Renegade " Buy Donnie Shell dinner and always "remember the Quips". He will make it . Fellow Quip from way back 1962.

P S check in with Revis and Ty Law.