PDA

View Full Version : Rolle prepared to make impact for Steelers

stillers4me
05-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Myron Rolle has had conversations with Jesse Jackson and rubbed elbows with Bill Clinton during a humanitarian trip to the Republic of Congo last summer.

He graduated Florida State’s pre-med program in 2˝ years with a 3.75 GPA; he has scrubbed in for surgeries as a shadow; was awarded a prestigious Rhodes Scholarship; and received a master’s degree from Oxford University in medical anthropology.

But that just scratches the surface for this 25-year-old.

Rolle has had his own foundation for three years, he’s in the process of obtaining funding to open a free health services clinic and sports complex in his parents’ native land of the Bahamas and plans on finishing his medical degree and becoming a philanthropic neurosurgeon.

But the one thing that the Steelers safety has yet to accomplish is what drives him the most – making an NFL roster...........

read more @ http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1292918-85/rolle-steelers-football-safety-think-chance-shape-titans-coach-field

Count Steeler
05-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Sure would be nice if his smarts translated onto the field. Another quality individual.

SteelerFanInStl
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
He has so much going for him outside of football that I just don't see him being successful in the NFL. This young man has a very bright future but I don't think it's in the NFL.

Devilsdancefloor
05-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Id love to see him make it onto the roster

Godfather
05-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I hope he makes it. He's the kind of person who deserves it, and as a bonus being an NFL player will give a boost to his philanthropic efforts.

Steeldude
05-05-2012, 03:08 PM
No one can doubt his intelligence, but from what I remember hearing he is very slow for a S.

Nadroj 20
05-05-2012, 04:11 PM
What an impressive person. It is amazing what he has to fall back on if football doesn't work out or for after a decent career.

I'll be cheering for this guy! It's too hard not to.

BigNastyDefense
05-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I was hoping we'd draft him a few years ago.

He's kind of slow for a S, but I think he'd be a good backup and special teams player. He wasn't much of a ball hawk at Florida State, but he was a pretty good tackler. As a backup, I don't care so much about him being able to get the pick but instead being a sure tackler. The problem with so many backups is they'd rather make the big play rather than the smart/right play and get burned because they go to jump the route for the big interception...or the knockout blow that instead is a whiff or causes a personal foul penalty when a simple pass defense would have caused a fourth down or 3rd-and-long.