PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rookie aims to be both scholar and athlete

stillers4me
05-04-2012, 04:36 PM
The most talented player attending this weekend's rookie orientation is not top pick David DeCastro, who pulled on Alan Faneca's old number 66 in his first practice with the Steelers.

It is not tackle Mike Adams, their second-round pick, nor is it halfback Chris Rainey, whose coach called him the steal of the NFL draft.

The most talented player on the field Friday at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex is himself a most complex man. His name is Myron Rolle and he is a 25-year-old strong safety trying to make his first NFL roster.

If he does, it might not rank as the most impressive item on his resume. That could be his masters degree in medical anthropology from Oxford -- the Oxford, not the University of Mississippi -- which he earned before the Tennessee Titans drafted him on the sixth round in 2010.

He also has that little humanitarian trip to the Congo, invited to be part of a group by former president Bill Clinton along with people such as Ashley Judd and Jeff Gordon.

Oh, and when Rolle's football career ends, whenever that is, he will begin medical school with the goal to be a traveling neurosurgeon..............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-rookie-aims-to-be-both-scholar-and-athlete-634432/?p=0

suitanim
05-05-2012, 06:43 AM
I didn't know he signed with us. He's an impressive kid. For what it's worth, he was considered a third round (and even better in some circles) talent when he first came out. I doubt anything comes of this, but I wish him luck...

ShutDown24
05-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Everything I've heard since we signed Rolle indicated that the team was considering trying him out at cornerback. Has anyone heard of the switch besides myself or is he strictly playing safety?

st33lersguy
05-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I did not know they signed him. He looks very impressive and I hope he does well

Austin87
05-07-2012, 06:04 AM
I will be rooting for this guy to make the team.