PDA

View Full Version : Fire destroys local Steelers bar

salamander
05-01-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm putting this here because it's a Steelers bar. This is a local Steelers bar about 2 miles away from me. I was devastated when I found out about this.

Fire scorches Exeter bar, destroys memorabilia

By Bob Kalinowski (Staff Writer)
Published: May 1, 2012

EXETER - A sports memorabilia collection that took Francesco Stuppino a lifetime to amass was ravaged in minutes Monday afternoon as a fire tore through his popular Susquehanna Avenue sports bar.

"I lost everything," a tearful Stuppino, 67, said as friends tried to console him outside Cuz's Susquehanna Grill and Bar. "How do you replace what we had?"

more: http://citizensvoice.com/news/fire-scorches-exeter-bar-destroys-memorabilia-1.1308342#axzz1tepfeukH

fansince'76
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
How terrible. I really feel badly for the owner who lost all that memorabilia - insurance can't replace that.

Godfather
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
How terrible. I really feel badly for the owner who lost all that memorabilia - insurance can't replace that.

That does suck.

The upside is when the Steelers, current and past, hear about it, they'll rebuild his collection for him.

ShutDown24
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM

That's the first thing I thought of too. That's awful.

suitanim
05-02-2012, 05:31 AM
That does suck.

The upside is when the Steelers, current and past, hear about it, they'll rebuild his collection for him.

I hope so...

SMR
05-02-2012, 05:09 PM
That does suck.

I hope so too!!

stillers4me
05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
A truly great loss. I know how much our own local Steelers bar means to all of us displaced fans in Cinci.....our home away from home. We have the only bar in town with a Jerome Bettis fathead above the bar! I hope he rebuilds and gets alot of memoriblia donated to the cause.

salamander
05-17-2012, 06:22 PM
UPDATE: Just got word that the Steelers will be donating stuff to the owners of the bar and someone from the team will be making a visit to the bar once it's rebuilt! I was thrilled when I found this out! I will keep everyone updated as I hear more.

steelerdude15
05-17-2012, 06:30 PM
UPDATE: Just got word that the Steelers will be donating stuff to the owners of the bar and someone from the team will be making a visit to the bar once it's rebuilt! I was thrilled when I found this out! I will keep everyone updated as I hear more.

And this is why the Steelers are the greatest sports organization in the world. Yes, the world.