PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland fans in the dawg pound

mark0933
05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi guys, looking for this year's vacation game, and although I'd love to hit the Raiders or Denver, ticket prices are stupid for either game. I found some tickets at a reasonable price (its all relative right) in the Dawg Pound (row 1) but am a little reluctant to pull the trigger. We dress full black and gold to all the games and we have a 6 year old son - will the dawg pound respect the "kids don't get mocked and hassled" unspoken rule or should I pass and keep looking for the other endzone?

Mark

PS - weather is not a concern as we can handle the cold (we were at the Pitt/Jets AFC champ game and my Beer froze but I didn't.

suitanim
05-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi guys, looking for this year's vacation game, and although I'd love to hit the Raiders or Denver, ticket prices are stupid for either game. I found some tickets at a reasonable price (its all relative right) in the Dawg Pound (row 1) but am a little reluctant to pull the trigger. We dress full black and gold to all the games and we have a 6 year old son - will the dawg pound respect the "kids don't get mocked and hassled" unspoken rule or should I pass and keep looking for the other endzone?

Mark

PS - weather is not a concern as we can handle the cold (we were at the Pitt/Jets AFC champ game and my Beer froze but I didn't.

There's no need to sit in the dawg pound. They are a bunch of drunk animals, and we're talking lowest common denominator mentality here...they are virulently jealous and that jealousy manifests itself as drunken hatred towards all Steelers fans, and I mean ALL Steelers fans...the'll pick on your 6-year-old because he's small and weak. That's just who they are....

The game is Thanksgiving weekend. The Browns will have already been mathematically eliminated from playoffs, and fan apathy will be very high. There will be a flood of people dumping off their seats for face value...Hell, I sat in the lower bowl on the 50 two years ago for practically free. The last three Steelers/Browns games in Cleveland was at least a 50/50 split of fans. You'll have no trouble getting very good seats affordably.

mark0933
05-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, bought my tickets today for my wife's mothers day present. Section 146 row 1 (other end from the dog pound)

Hope to see lots of you there too.

This knocks another team (and stadium) off my list. We've covered Cincinnati, Tennessee, Atlanta, Dallas, the Jets, Arizona, KC, Detroit, Buffalo, Pittsburgh so far.

BigNastyDefense
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Glad to see that you didn't get Dawg Pound seats. You'd end up covered in beer, berated, and even possibly assaulted.

suitanim
05-10-2012, 09:57 AM
No offense, but I would have waited. You could probably walk up and get 4 on the 50 from scalpers the day of for $100...

mark0933
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I know I could get on the 50 later (and cheaper), but we've come to really like getting front row endzone, and they go quickly. We would rather the opportunity of something special (like a game ball or autograph/souvenir from a Steeler in pregame) than a great "view" from the 50 but really no action (I can get that exact same view at home on the couch)

Just our preference and to each his own.

Mark