PDA

View Full Version : Steelers draft choice back with 'brother'

stillers4me
05-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Life got off to a tough start for Steelers draft pick Chris Rainey, born while his mother was locked up in a Florida jail.
He would live with a grandmother, and with his mother once she left prison. He came from what generally is described as a broken home.

Lisa and Rob Webster changed all that for Rainey when he moved in with their family early in high school. The family included twin brothers named Maurkice and Mike Pouncey, who think of Chris Rainey as a brother...........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-draft-choice-back-with-brother-633867/?p=0

GoSlash27
05-01-2012, 06:27 AM
If only we could reunite the whole clan... :(

Bluecoat96
05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
If only we could reunite the whole clan... :(

Good Lord....think about that interior line- DeCastro, Pouncey, Pouncey. That wouldn't even be fair. I know it's not happening, but damn...

Iron Steeler
05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
That would be amazing. To take the thread more off topic how do we see our oline panning out. Gilbert, Decastro, Pounce, Colon, Adams...

Adams is said to have great lateral movement so he might ne better at LT then gilbert

Godfather
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Sounds kind of like the Blind Side.

Bluecoat96
05-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Let's just hope that being around Pouncey will keep him focused. Pouncey's talk with Gilbert produced some pretty good results, I'd say.

ALLD
05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Miami might be willing to trrade Pouncey. They traded Wes Welker to the Pats and traded their entire offense, Brandon Marshal, away.

ShutDown24
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
That would be amazing. To take the thread more off topic how do we see our oline panning out. Gilbert, Decastro, Pounce, Colon, Adams...

Adams is said to have great lateral movement so he might ne better at LT then gilbert

While I think Adams has good footwork, I like Gilbert at left tackle. At least for now.

I like the line playing out as

Gilbert - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Colon

and maybe later in the year..

Gilbert - Foster or Colon - Pouncey - DeCasteo - Adams

Count Steeler
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Hmmm. Wonder if Pouncey had any influence on Rainey's pick. He did influence the front office to take Gilbert. Pouncey is emerging as quite a leader.

Psycho Ward 86
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
if you look at any Chris Rainey highlights, a lot of it isnt just his talent, a lot of it is the Pouncey brothers' show. They worked really well together

SteelGhost
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Great story, I hope Chris contribute a lot in the offense and ST.

ALLD
05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Of course they picked him up because of the Pouncey relationship just like Indy picked up Standford's TE after they drafted Luck.

And Adams will most likely be a starter.

YoungMoneyFam
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
While I think the Pouncey to Rainey relationship had some influence on the pick, I think he was decent value at that pick in general. Makes for an easy decision if you ask me.