PDA

View Full Version : Could Jets steal Richardson from Browns?

polamalubeast
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
The popular pick for the Cleveland Browns at No. 4 is Alabama running back Trent Richardson. But what if he's not there?

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is hearing rumblings that the New York Jets might trade up to No. 3, one spot ahead of the Browns, to grab Richardson. Also, according to ESPNNewYork's Rich Cimini, Richardson said the Jets called him Sunday to verify correct contact info just in case they trade up for him.

This would be a costly move up from No. 16 for the Jets, although it won't be as drastic as the Atlanta Falcons jumping up 21 spots last year. The odds are probably against the Jets making such a move, but you can't discount it because the Jets have moved up in the past.

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/46687/could-jets-steal-richardson-from-browns

st33lersguy
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
From 16 to 3 has to be more than first round picks the next two years and this year's 2nd round pick. Probably next year's 2nd as well

ShutDown24
04-25-2012, 01:41 PM
I think it's a silly move for the Jets to make.

I'm not convinced the Browns even take Richardson. Everything I've been seeing is quietly pointing to Blackmon being their man.

Devilsdancefloor
04-25-2012, 04:16 PM
i wonder if they are going to try to use Revis as trade bait with the vikings?

SteelerFanInStl
04-25-2012, 05:20 PM
The Jets have already denied this. I don't see it happening.

BigNastyDefense
04-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I doubt it happens, but if it does I will just point and laugh at Clownie fans.

suitanim
04-26-2012, 05:37 AM
This is smoke.

Browns don't have a running back. Unless they are thinking of taking Doug Martin at #22 (and they might...he visited and worked out for them), I'm 98% sure they take Richardson at #4, and then take Kendell Wright or Michael Floyd at 22. The Jets have Shonn Greene who is emerging as a quality RB, and Tebow, who will play HB/RB/FB wildcat QB. They don't need Richardson...I'm not sure what their game is, though...maybe they are trying to bluff a division rival into thinking they want this guy or something to force their hand.

lilyoder6
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
the jets will do anything that gets them in the media.. i doubt that the browns will take blackmon that high, holmgren doesnt like taking wr's that high and i dont think blackmon is as good as a receiver as his draft status will make him.

lilyoder6
04-26-2012, 08:54 AM
the browns need so much help, that it wouldnt suprise me if not interested in richardson to try and trade down and get more picks to help that pathetic offense.. and extra 2nd in this yrs draft could be helpful to grab a later rb like wilson, miller

BigNastyDefense
04-26-2012, 08:36 PM
And the Browns got scared and traded up to #3 and selected Richardson.

Trent Richardson, welcome to the AFC North where you will get the living hell beaten out of you.

Godfather
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
And the Browns got scared and traded up to #3 and selected Richardson.

Trent Richardson, welcome to the AFC North where you will get the living hell beaten out of you.

Talk about going full retard.

Like the Vikings were going to use the third overall pick for a running back?

suitanim
04-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Talk about going full retard.

Like the Vikings were going to use the third overall pick for a running back?

I think they were afraid someone else was going to trade into the 3rd spot.