PDA

View Full Version : One step closer to a playoff system...

suitanim
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Schools are basically getting sick of bowl games gouging them for profit.

This is rather long, but a very good read...I don't care how they get to a playoff system just as long as they get there...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--bowls--extravagant-revenues-are-closely-examined-as-the-ncaa-mulls-a-playoff-system.html

Godfather
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Playoffs??? Playoffs? Are you kidding me??? PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS?!

suitanim
05-02-2012, 05:27 AM
I think it's gonna happen...betcha Obama takes credit for it.

"Last night, under my authorization, I signed a deal for the BCS to institute a playoff system. This will replace the controversial and unsuccessful system that existed under my predecessor, a failed system that also met the approval of Osama bin Laden. Under my leadership, I have fixed college football."

tube517
06-27-2012, 12:03 AM
4 Team playoff is here. And the debate begins.

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

43Hitman
06-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Its a start. Eventually we'll get to an eight or twelve team playoff, then the games are going to be awesome.

86WARD
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Hopefully...otherwise it's just 12 more years of garbage.

Godfather
06-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Its a start. Eventually we'll get to an eight or twelve team playoff, then the games are going to be awesome.

I'd like to see 12 teams. First, take the ranked conference champions. Then take the top wild cards to fill out the field. That way, you balance two concerns. You have a quality control because teams have to be ranked, so there are no garbage teams like 8-4 Uconn. Second, every team has a mathematical chance at the beginning of the year. If you run the table, you'll be a conference champ and you'll be ranked.

Of course, you need a Notre Dame rule :banghead: so if the highest ranked independent is in the top 12, they're considered a conference champ for seeding purposes.

The first two rounds would be played at the higher seed's home field. This cuts down travel and makes a lot more late season games important, since teams are fighting for a home game or first round bye or wild card berth (there will usually be 2 or 3 of those since the Sunbelt and WAC champs will almost always be terrible).