PDA

View Full Version : I would like to dedicate this 23,000th post

Galax Steeler
04-25-2012, 03:40 AM
I would like to take this time to dedicate this 23,000th post to a great friend and a great person. Her name is Marianne and without her this board wouldn't have been the same. She was fun to talk to and joke and carry on with. She will be truly missed around here. I all so want to say thanks to XT and Fansince for a great board. Hope we have years of enjoyment here. Thanks to everyone and the Mods what a great group of members we have here.:grouphug: We love you Marianne.

Count Steeler
04-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Well said Galax and a fitting tribute for your 23,000th post.

:applaudit:

cakmakli
04-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Well said.

86WARD
04-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Props GS!

steelerdiva
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I haven't been on as much recently and just found out today.

Let me just say one thing: I HATE CANCER! :mad2: It has taken waaaay too many people I have loved and respected and it tried to take out my dad.

We owe the existence of this board to her (along with XT and FS76, of course)

Thanks for everything, HTG! Love you much...

fansince'76
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Very nice post, Galax. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. She is and will continue to be very sorely missed.

venom
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Is there any way the Admins/Mods can put " HTG " on the Steelers banner above ? Something like " in memory of HTG " or her Screen name ?

salamander
04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Very nicely said, Galax.

Godfather
04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Is there any way the Admins/Mods can put " HTG " on the Steelers banner above ? Something like " in memory of HTG " or her Screen name ?

I made a memorial banner:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/godfatherLSU/htg.jpg

If XT and FS76 want to make any changes to it or already have something in the works, I won't be offended.

ETA: Obviously it's too big as is, but I did that so it would be easier to make alterations.

fansince'76
04-25-2012, 01:37 PM

If XT and FS76 want to make any changes to it or already have something in the works, I won't be offended.

I love it! Thanks, Godfather!

venom
04-25-2012, 03:41 PM

ETA: Obviously it's too big as is, but I did that so it would be easier to make alterations.

Excellent

Devilsdancefloor
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM

that is great!!! thank you

Galax Steeler
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Looks great to me.

SteelerFanInStl
04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I haven't been on as much recently and just found out today.

Let me just say one thing: I HATE CANCER! :mad2: It has taken waaaay too many people I have loved and respected and it tried to take out my dad.

We owe the existence of this board to her (along with XT and FS76, of course)

Thanks for everything, HTG! Love you much...

I've been on here but somehow I missed this news. That's terrible. :cry02: I've also lost many friends and family including my dad to cancer.

HTG will certainly be missed.

SMR
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Nice thread GS. Kudos!

Your presence, Marianne (or lack of), is very strong here. We miss you!

SteelGhost
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
I've been on here but somehow I missed this news. That's terrible. :cry02: I've also lost many friends and family including my dad to cancer.

HTG will certainly be missed.

I missed these news too, sorry to know HTG will not be posting anymore, but she will be in these boards forever.

silver & black
04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
I would like to take this time to dedicate this 23,000th post to a great friend and a great person. Her name is Marianne and without her this board wouldn't have been the same. She was fun to talk to and joke and carry on with. She will be truly missed around here. I all so want to say thanks to XT and Fansince for a great board. Hope we have years of enjoyment here. Thanks to everyone and the Mods what a great group of members we have here.:grouphug: We love you Marianne.

I don't do well with things of this nature.... I'm too emotional.

HTG was always very welcoming and accepting of me, even though I'm a rival fan. I will miss her around here. Her family and the people on this forum that knew her and were close to her have my deepest condolences.

Please, don't take this the wrong way, but, I'm going to acknowledge HTG and her kindness toward me with a big Raiders Jolly Rodger salute. :jolly:

fansince'76
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
X-T informed me of Marianne's request to have a smaller banner out on the home page. I shrunk Godfather's banner down a bit and put it out on the home page in accordance with her wishes.

You are dearly missed, Marianne. This place isn't going to be the same without you. :hug:

steelerdude15
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
I'd like to dedicate this song to you Mama M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTwUgs

crcsnail
04-26-2012, 12:37 PM
i to have only just noticed this thread for HTG . i am a 48 year old brit sitting here in the uk with tears in my eyes . thx for the pm,s HTG . i will miss u .

Mamaduck43
04-26-2012, 12:41 PM
The banner is magnificent!!!! Well done.....