PDA

View Full Version : Oddsmakers' over/under totals for 2010 NFL season

LLT
07-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Oddsmakers' over/under totals for 2010 NFL season see Colts, Chargers with edge over Saints
01:10 Yahoo!
-- Sean Leahy

How many games will your favorite NFL team win this year? The handicappers at Bodog.com have released the over/under win totals for all 32 teams for the 2010 season.

Some interesting notes:

The Colts and Chargers both have a higher number than the defending champion Saints.
The Packers and Vikings and the Patriots and Jets all are set at 9.5 as their over/under, which could portend exciting races between the rivals.
At 8.5, the handicappers do not seem to be ruling out a run for the playoffs by the Steelers despite the loss of QB Ben Roethlisberger for at least four games.
The over/under on Donovan McNabb sank one game with his moving from the Eagles (8.5) to the Redskins (7.5)
Here are the over/under totals for all 32 teams:

Indianapolis Colts 11
San Diego Chargers 11
New Orleans Saints 10.5
Baltimore Ravens 10
Dallas Cowboys 10
Green Bay Packers 9.5
Minnesota Vikings 9.5
New England Patriots 9.5
New York Jets 9.5
Atlanta Falcons 9
Miami Dolphins 8.5
New York Giants 8.5
Philadelphia Eagles 8.5
Pittsburgh Steelers 8.5
San Francisco 49ers 8.5
Tennessee Titans 8.5
Chicago Bears 8
Cincinnati Bengals 8
Houston Texans 8
Arizona Cardinals 7.5
Carolina Panthers 7.5
Denver Broncos 7.5
Seattle Seahawks 7.5
Washington Redskins 7.5
Jacksonville Jaguars 7
Kansas City Chiefs 6.5
Oakland Raiders 6
Buffalo Bills 5.5
Cleveland Browns 5.5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5.5
Detroit Lions 5
St. Louis Rams 5

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/oddsmakers-overunder-totals-for-2010-nfl-season-see-colts-chargers-with-edge-over-saints/1

HometownGal
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Why in the hell does just about every oddsmaker out there rank the Chargers so high every season?????? They are the most overrated team in the NFL imho. I just don't get it.

I see the Steelers winning more than "8.5" games this season. While 11-12 W's would be great, I see them winning 10 in all probability and getting into the playoffs as a WC. Too early to predict anything, quite frankly, but I'm going with my gut here.

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Chargers get the high odds because they pretty much are gaurenteed 5 wins a year. 2 on the Chiefs, 2 on the Raiders, split with the Broncos. So then you just look to the out of division games, they draw the AFC South and NFC West. That's the Titans (win on paper) Jags (win) Colts (potential win since they own the Colts) Titans (potential win) then Rams, Seahawks, Wins, 9ers, potential loss, Cards toss up.

That's 11 wins if everything goes on paper as it should, and that doesn't include the games against Cincy or NE. So, I see the potential for it. On Paper. In reality, this is the season they miss the playoffs in my opinion.

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
As for the 8.5 on the Steelers, I'd take those odds. 9 wins won't be enough for the playoffs and they have to come out of the gates fighting mad to make up for not having Ben, so I see the reason for the 8.5, without Ben, people see 2-2 or 1-3 as our start. Also, with the Ravens and Bengals I imagine odds makers see a "split" in those games, and with our pathetic game against the browns last season, no longer can the odds makers give us those two games as wins.

However, I like our chances at getting past the 8.5. I'm calling my bookie.

BnG_Hevn
07-13-2010, 11:44 AM
how do the odds work? How do you place a bet on those figures?

LLT
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
how do the odds work? How do you place a bet on those figures?

You bet on if you think the Steelers will be Over or Under 8.5 wins.

LLT
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
There is some money to be made on the Saints....NO WAY they win 11 games this year.

venom
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
San Diego is an easy pick for 11 . They have to play the Raiders and Chiefs for a total of 4 games. Those are easy games to win , umm , huh ?

Steelers 11-5