PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Wallace unhappy, waiting to sign RFA contract "until he has to"

steelreserve
04-22-2012, 07:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7842244/sources-pittsburgh-steelers-mike-wallace-prepared-sit-offseason-drills-start-training-camp

My question is: Waiting for what, exactly? It makes no difference whether or not he signs the 1-year deal. He wants a big contract with the Steelers, that can be worked out whether or not he's signed the RFA tender. He wants a trade and a big contract with another team, that also can be worked out whether or not he's signed the tender. All he's doing now is making himself look like an asshole who complains a lot and doesn't want to practice.

steelerdude15
04-22-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to like him a little bit less and less. I understand the strategy, but to say the things he's said. I'm getting the vibe he doesn't want to be a Steeler anymore.

polamalubeast
04-22-2012, 07:32 PM
The Steelers need to prepare to play the 2012 season without Wallace as they have done in 2010, when the Steelers were to be prepared to play without Roethlisberger in early season

stillers4me
04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I do not see a direct quote from Wallace anywhere. :noidea: Just "someone said"....yada yada.

Chidi29
04-22-2012, 08:02 PM
The Steelers need to prepare to play the 2012 season without Wallace as they have done in 2010, when the Steelers were to be prepared to play without Roethlisberger in early season

But we knew Ben was going to be gone.

Wallace will sign his tender by June 15th.

steeldawg
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM

why would they play the season without him?

sojumaster
04-22-2012, 08:13 PM
I think someone needs to sit down with Mike and explain the business side of the NFL. This is not baseball where you can spend endless money on a team.

polamalubeast
04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
why would they play the season without him?

holdout=hamstring injury

zulater
04-22-2012, 08:18 PM
It's April. I don't really care what he says or does at the moment. He'll be in camp before the first preseason game. I'm pretty sure Haley can get him caught up by the time the games start to count.

This is the dance of the player who outperformed his first contract. No reason to take it as a personal affront. It will get worked out in it's own time. :coffee:

steeldawg
04-22-2012, 08:18 PM
holdout=hamstring injury

he is not going to holdout or fake an injury the season before he becomes a free agent, not a chance.

BigNastyDefense
04-22-2012, 08:21 PM
That's fine...wait as long as you'd like...but eventually June 15th will come and he's going to have to make a choice. Sign the tender and play at the tender originally offered or don't sign it and risk the Steelers choosing to cut the amount paid down to in the $500k range. And if he doesn't sign by then, I think the Steelers will wait a little bit before cutting the salary down. However if he doesn't sign it I would say within a week or so after June 15th, I think they cut the money down.

I am starting to honestly think that he will not be a Pittsburgh Steeler in 2013. I think he's more interested in making the most money possible than competing for championships. So if a constant loser offers him the biggest contract in free agency, I think he would go there. Hell, if we get a good offer for him at the trade deadline, I say we take it.

fansince'76
04-22-2012, 08:26 PM
holdout=hamstring injury

He'd be cutting off his nose to spite his face if he held out.

he is not going to holdout or fake an injury the season before he becomes a free agent, not a chance.

Exactly. Especially in light of his second half disappearing act this past season and his failure to step up in the postseason thus far. He needs to play to prove his worth.

JayC
04-22-2012, 08:27 PM
if he's pissed he should be pissed at every other team thinking their unknown 1st round pick > proven wallace

polamalubeast
04-22-2012, 08:35 PM
I not speak of a fake injury

Often, the players they have made ​​a holdout had a hamstring injury after ... like Darelle Revis in 2010

Shoes
04-22-2012, 09:54 PM
I do not see a direct quote from Wallace anywhere. :noidea: Just "someone said"....yada yada.

"someone said" is kin to "they say" :chuckle: I agree Sue ......I don't think there was a direct quote from Wallace at anytime. All I keep hearing is the Rooney's want to sign him long term....and I get the feeling they will.

tube517
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
More "sources " at bspn blah blahblah :yawn:

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

XxKnightxX
04-23-2012, 06:08 AM
if he's pissed he should be pissed at every other team thinking their unknown 1st round pick > proven wallace

In the new NFL, unproven 1st round pick is cheaper than Wallace right now.
Sorry buddy, you can bitch and moan all you want, but you dont control the situation. Part of me thinks its just fabrication, but who cares, either 2.1 million or 500k. Youll get your extension but you arent helping your cause right now.

Count Steeler
04-23-2012, 07:12 AM
He has a bad agent. Nothing but bad PR since this fiasco started.

Only 1 twitter from Mike, "Don't believe everything you hear"

Don't know if he has commented since then.

suitanim
04-23-2012, 10:08 AM
He may just want to sit out camp. A lot of these guys hate it...

steel striker
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Let's see a WR's that is unhappy sounds like par for the course and, don't get me wrong about Wallace he can be a game breaker. There have been several games that for whatever reason he is a non factor. Let's hope for the best.