PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine.

one side only
04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Ohio State OT Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine. Adams has already reportedly completed a counseling program. La Canfora says Adams is likely to be a mid 2nd round selection. Adams had been linked to the Steelers; a month or so ago some mocks had him penciled in as the 24th overall pick.

st33lersguy
04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Steelers front office: STAY AWAY from Mike Adams

ALLD
04-19-2012, 03:10 PM
A blocking Santonio Holmes. I don't understand how kids can not stay off drugs to make millions of $ and play a game.

suitanim
04-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I had a lot of reservations about him even before this...if he can't lay off the ganga, it means he CAN'T lay off the ganga, if you know what I mean.

Pass.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
What is the saying........."looks like Tarzan, smokes like Chong". Buh bye!

ALLD
04-19-2012, 04:51 PM
What team would want to subscribe to a headache like that? I am for legalizing, do not smoke, but historically dope smokers are lazy and unreliable. They never realize their full potential even with flashes of brilliance like Santonio Holmes. Why get involved with an immature idiot with all the drama when you have no ties with him currently? I wouldn't even take him as an UFA knowing the league's drug policy.

The joint he smoked cost him millions of $. He has got to be one of the dumbest in the class and every year another fool gets busted. I still can't believe how dumb some people are :::shakes head:::.

GBMelBlount
04-19-2012, 05:09 PM
I had a lot of reservations about him even before this...if he can't lay off the ganga, it means he CAN'T lay off the ganga, if you know what I mean.

Pass.

I had kind of assumed half our offensive line was playing stoned already....

It would explain a lot....

ALLD
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I had kind of assumed half our offensive line was playing stoned already....

It would explain a lot....

Or on tranquilizers.

SMR
04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Or on tranquilizers.

That's it! Now its obvious!

ShutDown24
04-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Take him off the board.

zulater
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd possibly take him in the 2nd round.

JayC
04-20-2012, 12:45 AM
no way we take this pot head in the first round after we dumped santo

polamalubeast
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
ouch!

ALLD
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Now we have the great sociological experiment in Pittsburgh. They need to be extra tough on this kid and go R. Lee Ermey on him.

Count Steeler
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Don't forget what Pouncey did to get Gilbert motivated. He wasn't a smoker, but he had the same "lazy" rep. I think Pouncey and DeCastro will set the bar pretty high.

86WARD
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
It's weed. It's pretty much everywhere nowadays and it's not a "big deal." I mean the Steelers drafted him...what's that tell you? Not a big deal...

HUGE pick up! 2nd STEAL of the draft...

86WARD
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Ravens gonna snag Ta'amu?

86WARD
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-go-with-ohio-state-ot-in-second-round-633413/

Good read.

st33lersguy
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Mike Adams belongs on the roster of the Ratbirds, Bungals, or Cowboys, not the Steelers

7willBheaven
04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Mike Adams belongs on the roster of the Ratbirds, Bungals, or Cowboys, not the Steelers

Seems like most of your recent posts are just negative...not liking the picks...saying the Steelers screwed up or whatever...wow!

bayz101
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
We got him in the second. He's good enough to be a top 15 pick. I'd say it's worth trying to get him on the right path.

stillers4me
04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
It's weed. It's pretty much everywhere nowadays and it's not a "big deal." I mean the Steelers drafted him...what's that tell you? Not a big deal...

HUGE pick up! 2nd STEAL of the draft...

It is a big deal when he gets suspended and he can't play and the oline falls apart again.

stillers4me
04-27-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-go-with-ohio-state-ot-in-second-round-633413/

Good read.

Adams, who is 6-7, 322 pounds, apparently was mortified when he learned he had tested positive. A native of Farrell, Pa., and a lifelong Steelers fan he said, according to his agent, Monroeville native Eric Metz, "I blew it. I blew my chance of being a Steeler.''Metz said he told him, "If you were my son, I'd tell you to get in the car, drive up there, see them face to face like a man and tell them you screwed up. He got in his car and drove over there. It was important to him, he wanted to be a Steeler.''
When he arrived, he met with Colbert, coach Mike Tomlin and president Art Rooney.
"We told him he was off our draft board,'' Colbert said.
But the fact that Adams made that drive, which the Steelers appreciated, led to circumstances that culminated in them drafting him Friday night.
The Steelers laid out some stipulations for Adams to get back on their draft board, which included counseling. Colbert said he met them all, and the put gave him a first-round grade on their board.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know he was from Farrell. I grew up in Mercer, about 30 minutes from there. Farrell a pretty rough part of town....just outside of Sharon.

It looks like he's committed to "the Steeler way". I wish the kid well, for our sake and his.

Wallace108
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for posting that. I didn't know he was from Farrell. I grew up in Mercer, about 30 minutes from there. Farrell a pretty rough part of town....just outside of Sharon.

It looks like he's committed to "the Steeler way". I wish the kid well, for our sake and his.
I didn't know he was from Farrell either. I live 10 minutes from Sharon, close to the Ohio-Pennsylvania border ... but I don't pay any attention to Pennsylvania high school football.

suitanim
04-28-2012, 05:59 AM
He needs discipline, structure and coaching. Those were things he was SUPPOSED to get from Tressel, but Jim lost his way.

Get him in the weight room and hooked up with the other OL and get him back on the right path, and he'll be fine.

BlacknGoldBabe
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
:doh: Another freakin moron