PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Mock Draft 2012 - Steelers are On the Clock

DFlo
04-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, I don't know if you may remember from last year or not when we ran the Interactive Mock Draft where the team forums of each team got to vote on which player their team should take.

Well we are doing it again this year, and the Steelers are on the clock. There's a lot of surprising options that are still available so it should be interesting to see how it all plays out. I've also got 5 Steeler forums voting so it should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

You can cast your vote for who you want your team to pick here:

Interactive Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/InteractiveMockDraft.html)

And if you explain why with a brief short description, I will pick the best one and publish it along with the pick in the results section!

Aussie_steeler
04-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Of the options available I feel that Donta Hightower represents the best value player for a number of reasons.

1. Football leadership / defensive play caller
2. 3-4 ILB experience in a Nick Saban pro style defence
3. Versatility to move outside and provide passrush if needed
4. Only ILB in the draft that hit the gap and take on blockers.
5. Pretty clean record off the field
6. Is being scouted heavily by kevin colbert and is a realistic pick come draft day
7. Harrison / Woodley / Timmons / Hightower would have to automatically become the scariest 3-4 LB corp on the planet
8. I started pimping Hightower on this board back in 2009 when I first saw him play. He has Steeler written all over him.

LLT
04-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I think that we are going to take a long look at several players being that the FO usually picks the BPA. Of course I have always maintained that the Steelers have a variance on "BPA". They work their board with a Value + Need = BPA....mentality. Meaning that they will actually take some positions off the board regardless of how good the players are at those positions if we are stocked there. Colbert reitterates this virtually every year.

That being said...we need to focus on a few positions. NT...ILB...and O-lineman. There is an outside chance that we draft a Safety or OLB if a player like Mark Barron or Nick Perry are still on the board. We have been know to draft for the future if we are aging at positions and the OLB and safety positions definately fall into that category.

The players that I think may be there for us that are a possibility are:

NT-Jerel Worthy
ILB-Donta Hightower
OT-Mike Adams
Safety-Mark Barron
OLB-Nick Perry
OG-Cordy Glenn

Now.....with my feet held to the fire....I am going to say that Worthy or Hightower will be this years choice and I think that the logical pick is Hightower. The drop off in talent at ILB after him is drastic. In a nutshell...The only way that we can get a great ILB/NT tandem in the first two rounds is if we go ILB first. Aussie did a great job of breaking down Hightowers positives...wouldnt even attempt to top that. Right on the mark.

Steeltreal
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Wouldn't it be something if SD goes Hightower at 18. And we end up with the 21st and 24 th pick

DFlo
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Alright guys the pick is in, your results are updated. You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock Draft Results (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/InteractiveMockDraftResults.html)

Feel free to bookmark that page and continue voting daily. We will do one team every day until the draft