PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Schedule Release Tomorrow

polamalubeast
04-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Every day, we get more and more emails asking for information about the release of the 2012 regular-season schedule.

And so, even though we’ve written about the topic a few times (or more), it’s time for a quick refresher.

In three of the past four years, as charted by Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the schedule has been released the second Tuesday before the draft. In 2010, the schedule came on the Tuesday of draft week.

This year, the signs point to the schedule being released on Tuesday, April 17. Indeed, the TVGuide.com listings for ESPN continue to indicate that a SportsCenter Special: NFL Schedule Release will be televised at 7:00 p.m. ET.

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/15/signs-still-point-to-schedule-release-on-tuesday/

steeldevil
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Sweet. Excited to see it tomorrow night. Wont be able to watch the special though.

fansince'76
04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
This year, the signs point to the schedule being released on Tuesday, April 17. Indeed, the TVGuide.com listings for ESPN continue to indicate that a SportsCenter Special: NFL Schedule Release will be televised at 7:00 p.m. ET.

That said, an ESPN spokesman told PFT last week that the listing represents ESPN’s estimate of when the schedule will be released. The online schedule for NFL Network continues to show that Total Access will air at that time, with no mention of the schedule release.

I don't take Florio's or Disney Channel II's word for shit, personally.

7willBheaven
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
NFL has confirmed it Tuesday (tomorrow) at 7PM on NFLN it will be released.

st33lersguy
04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Can't wait

oneforthetoe
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I expect the Steelers will have 5 prime time games again this season. Even though the "experts" will probably predict doom and gloom for us, we have several games that scream prime time. You have 2 with the Ravens (must see tv), two with opponents in the largest TV market, one at new Peytons Place (see what I did there), plus games in two other pretty big markets with Philthy and D.C. I'd expect many of those games that don't make prime time to be set at 4:30.

So just for kicks and giggles, I'll predict the following:

5 prime time games - Ravens (MNF), Cowboys (SNF), Giants (SNF), Broncos (SNF), Browns (NFLN - yea I know it's the Browns but I swear they love this game Thursday Nights at NFLN.

4:30 National Games - Jets, Ravens, Philthy, D.C.

That would give us only 7 1:00 starts. We will see how I do. Actually, I will amend this. The Raiders game could be set for regional coverage at 4:15, which would leave us with only 6 1:00 games.

venom
04-17-2012, 05:35 AM
The NFL Schedule is to be released tonight , April 17th at 7:00pm EST on ESPN and NFL Network !!!

Lets get ready to get ready !!

polamalubeast
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
it is very possible that the Steelers begin the season against the Broncos at SNF

one side only
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
I would love to see the Steelers host the late Thanksgiving Day game, since they (and no other AFC North team) can ever play at Detroit or Dallas on Thanksgiving, due to a quirk in the scheduling system. Eagles would be a great match-up.

Would be nice to play the Chargers in December. Hope the trips out west (Denver & Oakland) are followed by home games, but not on a Thursday night. In fact, I would like to see most home games on Sunday at 1 o'clock, but I know that's not going to happen. Would rather play in Baltimore early and at home against them later in the year. Since the Steelers always get good TV ratings, I could see a Thursday NFLN game against a not so great opponent like the Chiefs or Titans.

I'm hoping for a late bye week as well.

steeldevil
04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I would love to see the Steelers host the late Thanksgiving Day game, since they (and no other AFC North team) can ever play at Detroit or Dallas on Thanksgiving, due to a quirk in the scheduling system. Eagles would be a great match-up.

Would be nice to play the Chargers in December. Hope the trips out west (Denver & Oakland) are followed by home games, but not on a Thursday night. In fact, I would like to see most home games on Sunday at 1 o'clock, but I know that's not going to happen. Would rather play in Baltimore early and at home against them later in the year. Since the Steelers always get good TV ratings, I could see a Thursday NFLN game against a not so great opponent like the Chiefs or Titans.

I'm hoping for a late bye week as well.

Why cant we play Dallas on Thanksgiving? Never heard a thing about that...

I'm sure we will play the Browns on a Thursday night... We always do for whatever reason.

one side only
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Why cant we play Dallas on Thanksgiving? Never heard a thing about that...

I'm sure we will play the Browns on a Thursday night... We always do for whatever reason.

A quirk in the NFL scheduling formula that's been in place since the league went to 4 divisions in each conference, prevents any AFC North team from playing on Thanksgiving in either Dallas or Detroit.

oneforthetoe
04-18-2012, 12:49 AM
I expect the Steelers will have 5 prime time games again this season. Even though the "experts" will probably predict doom and gloom for us, we have several games that scream prime time. You have 2 with the Ravens (must see tv), two with opponents in the largest TV market, one at new Peytons Place (see what I did there), plus games in two other pretty big markets with Philthy and D.C. I'd expect many of those games that don't make prime time to be set at 4:30.

So just for kicks and giggles, I'll predict the following:

5 prime time games - Ravens (MNF), Cowboys (SNF), Giants (SNF), Broncos (SNF), Browns (NFLN - yea I know it's the Browns but I swear they love this game Thursday Nights at NFLN.

4:30 National Games - Jets, Ravens, Philthy, D.C.

That would give us only 7 1:00 starts. We will see how I do. Actually, I will amend this. The Raiders game could be set for regional coverage at 4:15, which would leave us with only 6 1:00 games.

Ok, I got some of this correct. We did get five prime time games. I could see us getting a 6th if the Bengals and us are in a race for the division. They won't flex the Dallas or the second Baltimore games because CBS will likely protect those games. While I did get the number of PT games correct, I was way off on who we would play. I thought the NYG and the the Cowboys would both be PT games. Denver and Baltomore are the only two I figured on.

I hate the early bye, but what are you going to do.

Also, only 6 1:00 games at a max.

Should be interesting.