PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Rate The Steelers FA Signings This Week?

stillers4me
04-14-2012, 08:55 AM
The Steelers awoke from their off season slumber with four quality signings. And ‘quality’ really isn’t a stretch when describing the players the Steelers put on the roster. Remember, there are no backups on the Steelers. Only ‘starters in waiting.’ Regardless of semantics, the signings are a step in the right direction...............

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/04/13/how-would-you-rate-the-steelers-fa-signings-this-week/

ShutDown24
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I would have to rule with current majority.

The offseason moves thus far have been excellent and continue the tradition of strong but quiet moves made by the team during free agency. Bringing Essex and Cotchery back pleased me greatly, as did the signing of Leonard Pope. I don't think an awful lot of Doug Legursky at guard, but as a backup center it doesn't get much better.

ALLD
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM
At least the Steelers are consistent and have a good rep by signing their own players, for better or worse.

86WARD
04-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Typical Steelers moves. Which I like...

st33lersguy
04-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Like the resignings, keeping Cotchery was key and the Steelers needed to re-sign their O-linemen. However I did not like the Leonard Pope signing, I didn't think we needed to spend valuable cap space on a guy we needed, this move was primarily fueled by his connection with Todd Haley

Count Steeler
04-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Pope is the only head scratcher. Not sure what extra he brings to the TE position. Sure Saunders is suspended the first 4 games, but we are not at a luxury with our cap space.

vtw8lftr
04-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I believe Pope is strictly on the roster to help the Steelers adapt to Haleys playbook and mentor the players.

ShutDown24
04-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I don't know that you guys are giving Pope much of a chance. I certainly agree he's here because of his connection to Haley, but the guy has legitimate skills. If memory serves me correctly, he was rated as a first round talent a few years ago but had suffered some injuries while at Louisville which dropped his stock. He's a huge guy who can go up and make plays. I can't wait to see what he does with Ben throwing to him. He has been dealing with the likes of Matt Cassel and worse for most of his career (with Warner as the obvious exception). Let me end this by saying I don't wish to step on anyone's toes, Pope doesn't seem to be much too popular of a pickup. But I do think he deserves a little more credit than Steeler nation is giving him.

steeldawg
04-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I might be the only one that thinks the cotchery resigning was the most insignificant of the 4.

SteelGhost
04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
I feel fine about all signings thus far :thumbsup:

Maybe Pope is a little bit intriguing, but we need a backup TE :noidea: