PDA

View Full Version : Is Big Ben the best QB drafted in the last 10 years?

SteelerEmpire
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Twenty-seven quarterbacks have been selected in the first round of draft over the past 10 years.

Around the League ranked them from top to bottom.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82848a6c/article/is-big-ben-the-best-qb-drafted-in-the-last-10-years?module=HP11_content_stream

st33lersguy
04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
2 superbowls, uncanny playmaking abilities, very efficient, and a winner, I say yes. Rodgers and Manning are a close 2nd and 3rd

SteelerEmpire
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
2 superbowls, uncanny playmaking abilities, very efficient, and a winner, I say yes. Rodgers and Manning are a close 2nd and 3rd

And called his own plays for the most part... Ben for OC in the year 2020 !

salamander
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
And called his own plays for the most part... Ben for OC in the year 2020 !

The pitchforks are all warmed up. :chuckle:

ShutDown24
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Gotta be Ben or Eli. I can't believe Stafford is behind Newton and Ryan. Hell I'd put him above Rivers.

ALLD
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I would take Manning over Rogers because he might be less efficient, but is more clutch. Manning is Terry Bradshaw without the huge arm.

polamalubeast
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Ben, Rodgers, Eli, Rivers, Newton and Stafford are easily in the top 6 for me

Steeldude
04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
I would put Vince Young second to last.

Why would the question ask for the top QB in the last 10 years, but exclude QBs taken in the later rounds?

st33lersguy
04-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Talk about drafting a QB in the first round being a crapshoot, I can't name 10 guys on that list that were worth their 1st round grade

SteelGhost
04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Of course BB is No. 1, hands down IMHO

Craic
04-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm split between Ben and Rodgers. I think it once again, comes back down to the age-old question, are they talking about a pure QB, or a leader that will put a W on the board. Because it looks like they're leaning a bit to the latter on this one, I think they're right. But for a pure QB (skills and ability alone), I'd choose Rodgers instead.

Ben's strengths are, well, strength and instinct. He ain't the prettiest passer, seldom throws the ball right in the numbers, and often gives us heart-attacks watching him. But, there is not another QB in the NFL I'd rather have leading my team for a comeback victory.

The Duke
04-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Talk about drafting a QB in the first round being a crapshoot, I can't name 10 guys on that list that were worth their 1st round grade

true, but you could argue that guys like Harrington Carr and Losman would have been better had they been given some help and not thrown to the wolves so early

Bradford too if the rams are not careful

SteelGhost
04-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm split between Ben and Rodgers. I think it once again, comes back down to the age-old question, are they talking about a pure QB, or a leader that will put a W on the board. Because it looks like they're leaning a bit to the latter on this one, I think they're right. But for a pure QB (skills and ability alone), I'd choose Rodgers instead.

Ben's strengths are, well, strength and instinct. He ain't the prettiest passer, seldom throws the ball right in the numbers, and often gives us heart-attacks watching him. But, there is not another QB in the NFL I'd rather have leading my team for a comeback victory.

That's a good reason to be No. 1 for me :D

Besides all the instinct and strenght, Big Ben is the toughest.

Polamalu Princess
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Ever since GB started to research him, I have been a fan. Yes, there are some issues, but I support Ben 100%. He was a great draft pick.

polamalubeast
04-13-2012, 09:23 PM

Right now, Eli Manning is the best in this situation, but of course Ben is in the top 3 in the nfl

zulater
04-21-2012, 08:37 PM
http://media.northjersey.com/images/041312_JoeGirardiWSteeler_DNGMA.jog.jpg

Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers will be coming to MetLife Stadium to take on Eli Manning and the Giants at some point in the upcoming regular season. So what better time to ask Big Ben about Eli and Big Blue that during his Friday pit stop in the Bronx, where he spent the day with Steelers teammate Willie Colon watching the Yankees usher in their home season against the Angels.

“Absolutely I was happy for Eli. That solidifies our draft class a little more,” Roethlisberger told me. “It was awesome to watch him go out and perform. He played great.”

With the Super Bowl XLVI victory over the Patriots, Manning joined Roethlisberger in that elite class of quarterbacks who have won at least two Super Bowl rings. Roethlisberger and the Steelers played at MetLife in the preseason two seasons ago, but when they return this time it will count.

Manning and Roethlisberger are among four quarterbacks taken in the 2004 first round along with Philip Rivers and J.P. Losman. Manning, of course, went No. 1 overall to San Diego before being dealt to the Giants for Rivers, who was chosen fourth. Roethlisberger went 11th and was considered head of the class with two Super Bowl victories in his first four seasons. There’s no question Manning at least pulled even with his triumph in Indianapolis back in February.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Giants_Blog_Ben_Roethlisberger_visits_Yankees_talk s_Eli_Manning.html