PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Falcons coach Bobby Petrino reportedly fired by Arkansas

polamalubeast
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino was fired Tuesday after lying about his relationship with a 25-year-old female employee of the football program, ESPN reported (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7798429/bobby-petrino-return-arkansas-razorbacks-coach-sources-say), citing multiple sources.

The University of Arkansas scheduled a news conference for 7:15 CT Tuesday, but didn't reveal the reason.

Petrino was put on paid leave last week after he didn't tell his boss right away that Jessica Dorrell, a former Arkansas volleyball player, was riding with him during an April 1 motorcycle accident. Petrino, who's 51 and married with four children, also admitted to an inappropriate relationship............

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82837894/article/exfalcons-coach-bobby-petrino-reportedly-fired-by-arkansas?module=HP11_headline_stack (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82837894/article/exfalcons-coach-bobby-petrino-reportedly-fired-by-arkansas?module=HP11_headline_stack)

ALLD
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Fooling around TWICE on his wife and four children. Not a very good role model despite his winning with the football program. Probably easier for the university rather than deal with the potentially limitless criticism if he remained.

st33lersguy
04-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Not only is he a coward, he also fools around with other women behind the backs of his wife and four children. Bobby Petrino has no character and I hope he NEVER sets foot on a football field as a coach ever again.

steelerdude15
04-10-2012, 08:43 PM
As mentioned before, it was probably better to fire him then keep him around.

Godfather
04-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Petrino has always been a d-bag. He left the Falcons as a coward and a quitter and told the team by tacking a note to the bulletin board.

This past season, LSU kicked a field goal with 5 minutes left and a 21-point lead, and Petrino pointed across the field and yelled "F you MFer", even though Petrino himself has a history of scoring touchdowns with bigger leads and less time.

Edman
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Petrino = No Class Scumbag.

Godfather
04-11-2012, 07:52 AM
This is floating around the message boards in SEC country:

When you don't beat LSU you get angry. When you get angry you buy a Harley. When you buy a Harley you meet a 25 year old female former college volleyball player. When you meet a 25 year old female former college volleyball player you invite them to ride your Harley. When the 25 year old female former college volleyball player rides your Harley you end up in a roadside ditch. Don't end up in a roadside ditch. Beat LSU.

venom
04-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Hello , my name is Karma , nice to meet you

http://myopiclunacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/petrinoletter.jpg

tube517
04-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Petrino has always been a d-bag. He left the Falcons as a coward and a quitter and told the team by tacking a note to the bulletin board.

This past season, LSU kicked a field goal with 5 minutes left and a 21-point lead, and Petrino pointed across the field and yelled "F you MFer", even though Petrino himself has a history of scoring touchdowns with bigger leads and less time.

That is why I never liked the guy. Good riddance.

st33lersguy
04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Bobby Petrino should not be allowed to influence ANYBODY

SteelMember
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
At least someone's moral compass was functioning.

Better to cut ties now then to deal with the certain criticism.

atlsteelers
04-11-2012, 12:24 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1037911/Pork_Chop_medium.gif

bobby p crashes his bike..pretty funny stuff

Dino 6 Rings
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Huge issue in my office, I'm in Arkansas.

Jeff Long is now one of the most respected men in the entire State. Fans are flocking to his defense and love that he took this stand to get rid of Bobby now. Its a huge deal here, but 99% of the folks I talk to agree, it was the best decision Jeff could have made and that it might hurt in the short term, but in the long run, it will only make Arkansas stronger as a program to get rid of such a dirty guy. Rumor is the 20K he gave to his GF (who was engaged to a local guy that coached the swimming team at the U of A) was from the Football/Arkansas funds, not out of his own personal money. So its bordering on illegal now.

Plus, he hired her over 160 other applicants for the job. Totally shady dude.

ALLD
04-11-2012, 02:57 PM
If I was her fiance' I would ask for the ring back.

atlsteelers
04-12-2012, 10:36 AM
jeff long should not be getting any credit for this move he had no choice but to fire him. they might get sued for how they hired the girl. the thousands of text messages between the two will become public.
Jeff long helped sneak petrino out of atlanta just one day after petrino made a committment to the falcons. jeff long knew that petrino lied to louisville about interviewing for the auburn and notre dame jobs. jeff long had to be aware that thier were infidelitly rumors swarming petrino in atlanta. in short jeff long knew he was hiring a dirt bag but thats college football for ya.

atlsteelers
04-12-2012, 11:05 AM
So jeff long told jesica dorrell that arkansas had a first class plane ticket to get her out of town, but jesica turned arkansas's offer down because she only rides coach.

atlsteelers
04-12-2012, 01:15 PM
It looks petrino had another fling?

http://deadspin.com/5901394/over-two%20month-period-bobby-petrino-exchanged-200-messages-with-former-miss-motorcycle-mania-bikini-model

Godfather
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
jeff long should not be getting any credit for this move he had no choice but to fire him. they might get sued for how they hired the girl. the thousands of text messages between the two will become public.
Jeff long helped sneak petrino out of atlanta just one day after petrino made a committment to the falcons. jeff long knew that petrino lied to louisville about interviewing for the auburn and notre dame jobs. jeff long had to be aware that thier were infidelitly rumors swarming petrino in atlanta. in short jeff long knew he was hiring a dirt bag but thats college football for ya.

When Nick $aban left LSU, Miles and Petrino were the finalists for the job. I always preferred the Hat, but now nobody doubts that LSU made the right decision.