PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Steelers

polamalubeast
04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
I would like your thought and your memories of this season!

The Steelers did not win the super bowl, because Ben was too young, but it was a season so special!

The Steelers finished the season with a record of 15-1, which is the best record in the history of the steelers and of course, it was the arrival of Ben Roethlisberger!Ben finished the season with a record of 13-0 and this record will probably never be beaten!

Also, Bettis had an incredible season!

The record of 15-1 was highly unlikely before this season, because the Steelers had a record of 6-10 in 2003!

This team was special

Your thought and memories of this season?

86WARD
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM
For me it was the back-to-back wins against the Patriots and the Eagles and it wasn't just wins it was dominating on both sides of the ball...

BigNastyDefense
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
For me it was the back-to-back wins against the Patriots and the Eagles and it wasn't just wins it was dominating on both sides of the ball...

That. OMG how we just absolutely whooped both of them in consecutive weeks. I remember Hines Ward scoring against the Eagles and then flapping his arms like bird wings.

Also, before this it was more often than not the norm to draft a quarterback in the first round and then let him sit for a season and just watch and learn. That is what would have happened with Big Ben if Tommy Maddox didn't get injured against Balimtore (our only loss of the season, and a game where we almost came back to win once Ben entered the game). After that, it became common place to start a first round QB immediately.

86WARD
04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
That. OMG how we just absolutely whooped both of them in consecutive weeks. I remember Hines Ward scoring against the Eagles and then flapping his arms like bird wings.

That was phenomenal.

http://sportswithballsshow.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/ward-jumps-an-eagle.jpg?w=604

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041108ap_fbn_ward_juboPJ_230.jpg

steelpinstripe87
04-08-2012, 09:51 PM
My hopes were high, as I think was the case for a lot of people. I loved beating the Patriots in the regular season...unfortunately, though, this led to a lot of people telling me, "The Steelers are going all the way!"...then they didn't, and...yeah. I'll admit, I cried for about three days afterward. Hines' crying in front of the press didn't help. The following year made it all better, though.

fansince'76
04-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Another ultimately disappointing "close, but no cigar" year in a fairly long string of them up to that point. That team peaked too early in the season. Despite the 15-1 record, despite FINALLY having what looked to be a legit franchise QB again after 2+ decades without one, unfortunately the only thing I really took away from that season was the bitter taste of watching that assclown Deion Branch acting like a bitchass punk and taunting the crowd toward the end of the AFCCG and that other assclown Burress sulking and bitching on camera in the locker room that he "ain't gettin' enough touches" after alligator-arming what would have been a sure TD catch earlier in that game. :mad2:

SteelerEmpire
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Some say (like Hines Ward) that "Spygate" killed us this year.

steelpinstripe87
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Some say (like Hines Ward) that "Spygate" killed us this year.

I still don't think it's a coincidence that the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since this was uncovered. I for one would have loved a Turnpike Bowl that year...

steelerdude15
04-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I was a freshman in high school and every time that the Steelers won, I'd get a gold sticker from my teacher who was a Steelers fan as well. I had a lot of gold stickers that year. :chuckle: I can remember losing the AFCG, that was rough.

GodfatherofSoul
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Hines Ward's postgame quotes after the AFCCG, nuff' said.

polamalubeast
04-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Sure it was disappointing to lose against the patriots and it was heartbreaking, but at least the steelers won the super bowl the year after, which proves that this team was very special

it's still a big achievement to finish the season with a record of 15-1!...It was at this time, the first team of the afc to have to finish the season with a record of 15-1

The season has not ended well for the Steelers, but I have incredible memories of this season

bayz101
04-09-2012, 02:22 AM
What a phenomenal season. Too bad the Pats* stole it all from us. Cheaters never prosper, and they haven't since being caught.

Steeldude
04-09-2012, 04:15 AM
and that other assclown Burress sulking and bitching on camera in the locker room that he "ain't gettin' enough touches" after alligator-arming what would have been a sure TD catch earlier in that game. :mad2:

But we need to re-sign him because he was such a great asset :rofl2:

86WARD
04-09-2012, 06:26 AM
The promise Ben made Bettis...

steel striker
04-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Another ultimately disappointing "close, but no cigar" year in a fairly long string of them up to that point. That team peaked too early in the season. Despite the 15-1 record, despite FINALLY having what looked to be a legit franchise QB again after 2+ decades without one, unfortunately the only thing I really took away from that season was the bitter taste of watching that assclown Deion Branch acting like a bitchass punk and taunting the crowd toward the end of the AFCCG and that other assclown Burress sulking and bitching on camera in the locker room that he "ain't gettin' enough touches" after alligator-arming what would have been a sure TD catch earlier in that game. :mad2:

To me if Burress makes that catch it might have been a different game. I know could have would have should have. I'm still glad that Burress is not a steeler. It's funny how we remember certain games and, how players show their true colors. That still was some season where most people never saw it coming.

ALLD
04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
One year left with a decent offensive line.

ShutDown24
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
That was a great year. My favorite memory from it was Halloween night.